Indiana Deals Thread

I went this morning, but was too late to get a gift card. I didn't get anything today since the book I wanted and the copy of contra I saw on their sneak preview day were gone.

FYI, If you go to the McVans location in Fishers and wonder why it isn't there it is because the store has moved to the Broad Ripple location

[quote name='slidecage']

one more nice fine was KINGDOM HEARTS 2 Greatest hits for 3.00

[/quote]

I saw the KH2 when I went on Monday. The disc was absolutely destroyed. Good luck getting that to work.

When I stopped by on Monday I picked up a 98 cent copy of Shinobi for the Sega Master System and a massive Fallout 3 guide. $8 for the guide was kind of expensive, but it's one that I'll definately get some use out of.

went back today and will say its a lot nicer when the crowd isnt not that big...

got another 5 buck gift card (will keep it till sunday 50% off coupon)

i noticed they were not handing out coupons today : (

people must be selling stuff yesterday cause i seen a few new games out toady..

p.force for the psp 14.98 way over priced

might go back saturday and sunday and try to get 2 more 5 buck cards

figured so far grabbed 10 bucks so that KH 2 and animal crossing so far only put me 6 bucks out of pocket

Say 5 for animal crossing and 1 for KH 2

overall from today to yesterday i like the store more cause it was less crowded... and that bookworm thing freaks me out LOL

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']What store are you guys talking about?[/quote]
The new Half Price Books that opened here in Fort Wayne this week.

went to half pricebooks again today.. got a 3rd bag : ) going to give them out as gifts since i know people who love bags like these..

The store was almost dead today compair to thursday

100 bags each day

would guess thursday gone within 10 mins or less
Friday i think they had some left at 930

Today i took mytime and looked around and just left around 5 mins ago and they had probally 50 bags left an hour after opening... Picked up a few cheap books and a few movies

will go back tomorrow to use those 50% off coupons.

To me I'd pick up just about anything for $10 lol. But its not a bad 3rd person shooter. Very interesting game and would make a decent mulitplayer game if anyone ever played it. Thats kind of odd though, I went there last Monday and Target had no 360 games at all, wonder how that one snuck back in, hmm.

I went by Target last night and I only saw Singstar ABBA, Rock Revolution, Walk Hard (UMD) and GRAW 2 PSP. They also had five million Hannah Montana cameras and crap.

Hey all indy cags. gonna take a trip out 2 indy in a couple months for a few days. after checkin out indy.org i came across a dave and busters type place called xscape and a dinner theater place. is xscape any good and what other suggestions might you all have? is there a japanese hibachi style restaurant in indy? thanks all.

boy its annoying typing on a phone.... ackkk

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of hibachi places. I know of one in the Greenwood section of Indy and there's a couple downtown on Illinois St. I believe. If you walk around Circle Center Mall, you really can't miss most of the good downtown joints.

[quote name='floormat']Hey all indy cags. gonna take a trip out 2 indy for a couple months. after checkin out indy.org i came across a dave and busters type place called xscape and a dinner theater place. is xscape any good and what other suggestions might you all have? is there a japanese hibachi style restaurant in indy? thanks all.

boy its annoying typing on a phone.... ackkk[/QUOTE]

Jillians and Mikado in downtime Indianapolis. Benihana is on the North side in the Keystone at the Crossing complex. They are all chain, but all fine.

There is a locally owned place called Ginza on 38th Street near Lafayette road. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='foltzie']Jillians and Mikado in downtime Indianapolis. Benihana is on the North side in the Keystone at the Crossing complex. They are all chain, but all fine.

There is a locally owned place called Ginza on 38th Street near Lafayette road. I highly recommend it.[/quote]

There's also Sapporo up in Castleton (just East of the Castleton Mall).

Thanks for all the replys thusfar. What malls would you all suggest visiting?

Anything you think of in indy thats particuarly neat or you enjoy? I grew up south of Chicago but have lived in Fort Wayne for the last 10 years or so. I am sure in a larger city like that there are unique things to consider that you might not even think about living there that smaller cities just dont have. Museums, theater, unique shops or locations.

Like one of the days I will be there will be my birthday so there probably are a few "places to be" on ones birthday in indy for atmosphere, free meal or just uniqueness.

If I am bothering anyone with these questions sorry and let me know. Just this is the best place I reguarly visit to drain knowledge =P Again thanks all for any replies you can offer. Pm me if you would prefer but posting here might help someone else too.

Anyone near Fort Wayne have a PSP gps or a handheld gps they want to get rid of? I'm looking to trade or buy if it's a good deal.

[quote name='floormat']Thanks for all the replys thusfar. What malls would you all suggest visiting?

Anything you think of in indy thats particuarly neat or you enjoy? I grew up south of Chicago but have lived in Fort Wayne for the last 10 years or so. I am sure in a larger city like that there are unique things to consider that you might not even think about living there that smaller cities just dont have. Museums, theater, unique shops or locations.

Like one of the days I will be there will be my birthday so there probably are a few "places to be" on ones birthday in indy for atmosphere, free meal or just uniqueness.

If I am bothering anyone with these questions sorry and let me know. Just this is the best place I reguarly visit to drain knowledge =P Again thanks all for any replies you can offer. Pm me if you would prefer but posting here might help someone else too.[/QUOTE]

For Birthday options one cannot beat Fastimes Indoor Racing. I dont know what their birthday special is, but they do have one. In terms of restaurants, I dont know if a local one that does anything special. Honestly, Hooters, might be the best in terms of pomp and circumstance.

As for your general time, the IMA is free, and the other museums are reasonably priced. I sometimes go to the Children's Museum with my fiancé, just for the fun of it. The IRT is the best theater in town, but the other smaller shops are nice too.

Have fun, feel free to ask more questions if you are looking for somethign specific.

Target in Indianapolis, IN (Nora)
On the clearance end caps in the back
:ps3: 1xRock Band SE bundle: $69
:360: 1xTomb Raider: Under-whatever: $14.98

In the glass cases still:
:360: 1-3xToo Human: $9.98 (marked full price, rings up $9.98, though)

[quote name='Coeus']Target in Indianapolis, IN (Nora)
On the clearance end caps in the back
:ps3: 1xRock Band SE bundle: $69
:360: 1xTomb Raider: Under-whatever: $14.98

In the glass cases still:
:360: 1-3xToo Human: $9.98 (marked full price, rings up $9.98, though)[/quote]
Nice price on Too Human. I think it only got down to around $25 here. $10 was the price I was hoping for.

Just got paid, so I'm hitting up Greenwood right now. I'll let you guys know what I snag when I get back. I mainly look for 360 but will try to keep tabs on what I can remember for other systems.

Started off as usual at Best Buy. Didn't see any new changes really. Only thing notable was that they had 2 bins right behind the check out lanes and 1 had $9.99 on it and the other had $14.99 on it. They had a lot of various titles in both bins. The only $10 game for 360 was Beowulf and the only $15 they had there was Kengo: Legend of the 9. I don't recall any PS3, there was a few psp, ds, wii games and quite a few ps2. Nothing in there interested me too much, but if your curious stop by. I walked away empty handed. Next I hit up Target had a few clearance games since the last time I checked. They had MLB Manager for $27.98 for 360 with 3 copies and Afro Samuri behind the glass with mulitple copies for $41.98, PS3 had Singstar: Abba for $9.98 about 8 copies, Rock Revolution for $4.98 with 1 copy. They also had a couple ps2 games for I believe under $15 but I don't recall what they were. I walked away empty handed as well. Lastly, I met up with Trollsmeesh at K-Mart and snaged Dead or Alive 4 for $20 and X-Men: The Offical Game for $4. So hope this helps you guys around G-Wood.

Thanks for the update, Tallboy.

So whatever happened to the meet up in Indy? Should we make a list of interested parties and then go from there? I might be able to do it at my place later this year. Really depends if we buy a place in Old Towne or not.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we have Dynasty Warriors for the PSP for 3.50 at the greenwood Kmart.(US 31 and Smith Valley) :)

Also, nice meeting up with Tallboy, don't let him fool you guys..take his name as literally as possible. ;)

And Depascal22, I think we should have a meet up. Get a lan going or something cool. :D

[quote name='depascal22']Were you working the register when I bought that Xbox Live card last Sunday, Troll?[/quote]

It's quite possible, what time was it?

Was the guy that checked you out a short kid with longish brown hair? If not, it could have been Matthew(Taller pale guy with short brown hair) or Greg(Taller older guy with red hair).

I can't find my schedule book, so I can't look and see what time, if I worked, on Sunday. haha

Bah, I tried to buy that copy of Dynasty Warriors PSP today, and Matthew wouldn't sell it to me for $3.50. "It doesn't have a price, it just says $0.01. Let me check the other stuff on the shelf... how about $10?" I didn't feel like arguing, so I just put it back on the shelf and left to check Target. :p

[quote name='falcon815']Bah, I tried to buy that copy of Dynasty Warriors PSP today, and Matthew wouldn't sell it to me for $3.50. "It doesn't have a price, it just says $0.01. Let me check the other stuff on the shelf... how about $10?" I didn't feel like arguing, so I just put it back on the shelf and left to check Target. :p[/quote]

wow..xD I'm sorry to hear that.

Let me know if you still want it and we can work out a time when I am around.

(He is kinda new, doesn't really understand how things work.)

I was in the Castleton/Fishers area today. I went to the Target no one can find (near the mall) and saw they had a bunch of PS3 Rock Band bundles, for like $68 I believe. If I didn't already have it, I would have bought it.

Woah! TMK was in the area. I didn't realize that Target was that hard to find even for locals (not including you of course, TMK). Then again that leaves the deals for those in the know.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was in the Castleton/Fishers area today. I went to the Target no one can find (near the mall) and saw they had a bunch of PS3 Rock Band bundles, for like $68 I believe. If I didn't already have it, I would have bought it.[/quote]

Heh. I never have trouble finding that Target. Seems to get hit pretty hard for clearance deals, at least around Christmas. The toys didn't last long there when they hit 75% off...and there was basically a blizzard the day they were clearanced....I showed up the next day and everything was gone except the junk. Wanted one of those GI Joe playsets and a 20th Anniv. Optimus Prime, which were both still too pricey for me at 50% off. They had a bunch left at that price point. Probably grabbed by employees.

I did get the 3 Singstar PS2 games there for $7.50 each a month or so ago. Went back the next day to grab one for a friend and the other 10 copies total were gone.

I was in the Westfield Target and they also had the PS3 Rock Band bundles. They also had two charge stations for PS3 controllers for $5 each.

[quote name='ObiBen']I was in the Westfield Target and they also had the PS3 Rock Band bundles. They also had two charge stations for PS3 controllers for $5 each.[/quote]

Were they still $69? I wouldn't mind grabbing one at $35 for back-up instruments in case one of mine dies on me.

[quote name='Rictor']Were they still $69? I wouldn't mind grabbing one at $35 for back-up instruments in case one of mine dies on me.[/quote]

Yeah, they were $69. Has anyone flipped Rock Revolution at Blockbuster? Any success?

[quote name='ObiBen']Yeah, they were $69. Has anyone flipped Rock Revolution at Blockbuster? Any success?[/quote]

Nah, I almost picked it up when it was $6.95 or whatever for PS3 at a couple Targets, but I heard it sucked. Went back when I heard it got $19 trade-in but they were either bought already or shipped over to Goodwill because they were pennied out. Either way, no dice.

I've never had a problem trading in a game to Gamerush/Blockbuster for the prices listed in that thread though. Just remember they won't accept sealed games, you have to open them first.

anyone have a use in fort wayne for putt putt coupons...

i have tons of coupons 2 coupons

first coupon 10 free tokens no purchase needed

secondcoupon BUy 1 mini golf get 1 round free

I have up to like 100 of each of these coupons.... they came out of the mad money coupon books.

coupons expire July 2009

had a lot of left over papers and just took the coupon books out of them before i tossed the inserts in the trash

just pm me if anyone interested

Kmart News:

We have two PSP steals at the moment, along with a ton of other games on clearance, but I will simply note the best buys at the moment.

PaRappa the Rapper - 3.00

and

Dynasty Warriors - 3.50

They have been marked down to a cent, most people in electronics know to just treat it as a 90% off kinda deal, but if you want a guarantee, PM me and we can work out a day that I work.

*Note* This is the Kmart in Greenwood, located on the corner of U.S. 31 and Smith Valley.

Also, starting now, I am going to have a 'newsletter' via text, anyone that would like to be kept up to date on some of what we have or what we will have at kmart should just send me a PM with their cell number and I will send you a message anytime we get anything interesting.

Happy hunting,
Seth

I've pretty much stopped going to kmart here in Fort Wayne. I don't really find anything anymore. I haven't seen much in the way of deals here in a while. It's also getting pretty hard finding any good games at yard sales anymore.

I saw a Genesis and a few boxed games at a sale yesterday. System was marked $8 and the games were $2 each. Probably could have got the system, 2 controllers and 3 games down to $8 for everything, but I already have 2 or 3 Genesis systems and plenty of games. Same reason I usually pass up PSX systems. I saw one guy that wanted $10 each for PS2 sports games...heh. $80 for his PS2 system. Gotta laugh at those people.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']
PaRappa the Rapper - 3.00

*Note* This is the Kmart in Greenwood, located on the corner of U.S. 31 and Smith Valley. [/quote]

Dang, I live like a mile from that place and I never think to go there. I kind of forgot that Kmart carried video games.

[quote name='Rictor']I saw a Genesis and a few boxed games at a sale yesterday. System was marked $8 and the games were $2 each. Probably could have got the system, 2 controllers and 3 games down to $8 for everything, but I already have 2 or 3 Genesis systems and plenty of games. Same reason I usually pass up PSX systems. I saw one guy that wanted $10 each for PS2 sports games...heh. $80 for his PS2 system. Gotta laugh at those people.[/QUOTE]

i did that last summer at my yard sale (ps2 system for like 70) was a newer system though and had a 1 year warrenty left at best buy.... If it sold it sold if it did not I would still use it....

same with the games.... Sold probally 7or 8 ps2 games for 10 to 15 each

Hit up G-wood today. Checked out Target first. They had nothing there, literally haha. Just 3 copies of some singing game in a box for ps2, I didn't check the price. I'm begining to think they don't do price drops on Monday anymore as I've went the last 4-5 Mondays and it's been pretty bare. Hit up Best Buy next. They had Madden 08 for 360 for $10 and I bit on that. Other than that, it looked pretty much the same. Sorry for the lack of amazing deals guys haha.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a controller for a Philips CD-i? I bought the system, a controller, and 2 of the 3 Zelda games for it. He said that the controller was a bit messed up before hand, and when I did some research for the CD-i, I noticed that the controller was different from the original. I have yet to hook it up, but am in the market for a controller. I've tried Ebay and had no luck, and there is a place near me that buys/sells systems, games, dvd's and cd's but they had pretty much any system except the CD-i. So any info for this is greatly appricated. :)

I don't really know anything about the Phillip's CD-i but a look at Wikipedia indicates that "the CD-i interactive multimedia CD player features a wired controller that is basically the original Gravis PC GamePad in a monochrome, grey color scheme."

What does the controller port on the CD-i look like? Is it just an old serial port or something proprietary? It might be worth it to try a regular Gravis PC Gamepad. They should be easy to find and cheap as Gravis made a ton of them for years. If I hadn't tossed mine out in my last move you could have had it. At the very least maybe this is a lead to help you find a controller.

[quote name='Tallboy2005'] there is a place near me that buys/sells systems, games, dvd's and cd's but they had pretty much any system [/quote]

Where is this? Is this the game store next to Wal-Mart and Joe's Crab Shack on 31 south or is there another store down here on the southside I don't know about.

EDIT: I did some digging and the Gravis won't work as the CDI used a proprietary port. Another option if you just want to play is an adaptor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CDI-CD-I-to-SEGA-GENESIS-gamepad%2Fjoystick-ADAPTER-New!_W0QQitemZ250409732898QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090419?IMSfp=TL090419153006r8567

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you plan to hit up Kmart, let me know. I can give a schedule of when I work and what not.

The other guys don't always give the deals that I do.

By the way, the names Seth. :3 In case you run in un-announced. :)

bread's done
Back