Indiana Deals Thread

Thanks for the heads up on the Afro Samurai in Westfield. I snagged one last night and there were 2 copies of it left, along with a couple copies of Prince of Persia. It's been quite a while since I checked clearance prices, so I hit up a couple other stores. 116th & 69 has a crapload of Guitar Hero 3 (360) for $7.48 each. They had some other games as well (I remember Left 4 Dead and Mirror's Edge), but they all seemed to be around the $30 - $35 range. Castleton store had a handful, but the only things I remember were Banjo Kazooie for $20 and Left 4 Dead for $35. Glendale had quite a few GH3 (360 again) for $15 and one Box Office Smash w/ 4 controllers for about $30. All of the stores had some other titles as well, but nothing that jumped out in terms of being a great game or really cheap price.

Is anyone in the Fort Wayne area interested in Rockband drums for the PS3? I can't get rid of this thing since it doesn't have the pedal. I just want to get rid of them.

If there's anyone who likes to tinker with older consoles, I have a pair of coleco vision systems with the atari expansion modules. They're not in the best of shape and I don't want to mess with them anymore. I've gotten the expanison modules to work, but not the coleco vision part. These are for someone who is comfortable taking things apart.

I'm asking here to see if anyone is interested locally. I would like to avoid shipping them if possible. I'm not looking for much or just a trade. The important thing is to get them out of the house.

[quote name='kissinger99']I wouldn't mind taking them. (drums) What kind of trade are you looking for?[/QUOTE]
I'm not looking for much. I just want to get rid of them.

hey gang, just got back from Westfield Target once again. I picked up FarCry 2 for $10, and they had three copies left. I also made a mistake in my last post. Afro Samurai is actually $25 on clearance.

Hey guys, not sure if you know but Toys R Us has an unannounced deal. They have Prince of Persia (360) for $20. The tag said it's good from 6/12 - 7/5. Plus this week they have buy 1 360 game $20 or more and get 20% off another game $20 or more. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
is it just me or does all the targets in fort wayne just suck for cheap video games anymore.. Cant remember the last time i seen a good deal at target

[quote name='slidecage']is it just me or does all the targets in fort wayne just suck for cheap video games anymore.. Cant remember the last time i seen a good deal at target[/QUOTE]
Yea, it does seam like that. A lot of the time it seems like they only have one or two copies of the games that go on clearance, and those don't usually last till the good price ranges. I would have liked to get Mirror's Edge, but that disappeared rather quickly.

I wonder if we have to compete with a hoarder or just more customers looking for cheap games?

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, it does seam like that. A lot of the time it seems like they only have one or two copies of the games that go on clearance, and those don't usually last till the good price ranges. I would have liked to get Mirror's Edge, but that disappeared rather quickly.

I wonder if we have to compete with a hoarder or just more customers looking for cheap games?[/QUOTE]

i wonder if target sends them someplace cause even crap PC games never fall under 50% and then disappear

[quote name='slidecage']i wonder if target sends them someplace cause even crap PC games never fall under 50% and then disappear[/QUOTE]

Its the same thing around here, seems when games hit $41.xx or $29ish they just disappear.

Target sends items to Goodwill at a certain point. Presumably they take a tax write off and I wouldn't be surprised if they recorded items sent to Goodwill at full retail. Thus they get ~30% in a tax credit and have no incentive to let single items go too much below 50%.

[quote name='ObiBen']hey gang, just got back from Westfield Target once again. I picked up FarCry 2 for $10, and they had three copies left. I also made a mistake in my last post. Afro Samurai is actually $25 on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that's a mis-tag on Afro Samurai. It was definitely $15 when I picked up a copy last week and it's pretty rare for them to mark something down and then mark it back up. Maybe the tag for the drop didn't get put on all copies?

For those near Merrillville, tbere's a place called "Deals" in a plaza left of Circuit City on Rt 30. Saw sealed copies of Dead or Alive Ultimate and IHRA Professional Drag Racing 2005 for Xbox with a $3.00 tag on them. Both are BC for you 360 owners.

Didn't see it posted here, but if any other Indy CAGs used to hit up the Sears in Noblesville, it's now closed. Drove out there on my lunch after seeing some games I wanted to snag in the clearance thread and the sign's down and the building's empty. Had to happen pretty quickly, as I last hit it up a month or so ago. Kind of sad to see it go. Since it wasn't attached to a mall, the decent clearance games seemed to hang around a little longer.

Any Indy CAGs looking for the Target $10 GT5 Prologue and $15 Ratchet and Clank should check Glendale. They had several copies of each (and all the 360 Guitar Hero III you can carry.)

Was at the Washington Square Target today and they had one NFS Undercover left for $12.48. Also had a X-Blades and HOTD Overkill for roughly $25 and $35 respectively. Their clearance is kind of in a funny area. If you are walking towards electronics from the store entrance, take a right at the main aisle in front of the electronics section. Clearance games are on one of the endcaps to your right at that point, in a section across from the actual department.

Damn, I've wanted NFS for a while now. Probably gone already.

Edit: Thanks for the info maxfisher. Managed to go this afternoon and grabbed the last NFS. It wasn't at that oddly placed clearance shelf, which bummed me out, but as I was about to leave I decided to scan the endcap with the rest of the budget games. Someone had stashed it with the PS2 games.

Well I've got some money finally and I haven't done my rounds lately so I'm going to hit up Southport/Greenwood Target, Best Buy, and a Gamestop (told a buddy I'd get a game to help with achievements), not sure which Gamestop yet though. But I'll post what I find hopefully around mid afternoon today. :)

Greenwood Target didn't have GT5 but they did have two copies of Ratchet that I left for you guys.

They did split up their clearance so that games are on an endcap on the West Wall in the movie section and random electronic clearance are on an endcap in stationary. It's the most retarded thing ever.

[quote name='depascal22']They did split up their clearance so that games are on an endcap on the West Wall in the movie section and random electronic clearance are on an endcap in stationary. It's the most retarded thing ever.[/QUOTE]

First off I apologize for not posting when I said I was. I ran in to some relation while I was out and had a few things happen. I wish I would have seen depascal's post earlier because at the 2 targets I mentioned, there was no video games anywhere to be found in they're normal clearance spot. And the Southport Target has had ps2 games for cheap for the past month or so and then nothing really made it seem suspicious. Thanks for the tip depascal. I did quite a few stops today. Greenwood Walmart (on 31) had nothing that stuck out in my eyes, most everything for 360 was no less than $20. I stopped in to the Gamestop in the same strip mall and they had one of those table/bins with a bunch of $15 or less used 360 and ps3 games. About 9/10ths of the table was 360 and the other 1/10 was ps3. I grabbed Sega Superstar Tennis/xbla combo :360: for $10, NBA Live 07 :360: $10, NHL 2k6 :360: $7, FIFA World Cup 06 :360: $10, NBA 2K6 :360: $4, and Moto GP 06 :360: $7. Nothing really jaw dropping but if your looking for a few of those older games its not too bad really. Went to Best Buy next. They had NBA 2k9 :360: on sale this week for $20 which is the cheapest I've seen it new, plus I had a $10 reward zone card so I snagged it for $10. When to K-mart next and said hey to Trollsmeesh haha. Was specifically looking for a couple of games mentioned in the latest price drops in the official kmart clearance thread (p248), but they didn't have any. They did have 2 copies left of American Idol Karoke Revolution 2 :ps3: for $10 and Rock Revolution complete kit and game :360: for $17 which if you don't have it is quite a deal. Most places still sell Rock Revolution alone new for $15. I'm not sure how compatible the drums are with other rythem games though. Those places along with not finding a single game at both Target's in they're normal spots was all the places I hit up today. As, always I hopes this helps you guys save some gas hitting up those deals. :)

[quote name='maxfisher']Didn't see it posted here, but if any other Indy CAGs used to hit up the Sears in Noblesville, it's now closed. Drove out there on my lunch after seeing some games I wanted to snag in the clearance thread and the sign's down and the building's empty. Had to happen pretty quickly, as I last hit it up a month or so ago. Kind of sad to see it go. Since it wasn't attached to a mall, the decent clearance games seemed to hang around a little longer.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even realize they sold games there. It was a Sears Essentials store on 37, right? Sears Essentials stores have games?

I worked in Noblesville in 2007-2008...I would have stopped in monthly if I'd known that. I wonder if the tiny Sears Essentials store in Speedway has games.

[quote name='Rictor']Didn't even realize they sold games there. It was a Sears Essentials store on 37, right? Sears Essentials stores have games?

I worked in Noblesville in 2007-2008...I would have stopped in monthly if I'd known that. I wonder if the tiny Sears Essentials store in Speedway has games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I only found it last fall and went a handful of times. It had a good size game area and they were pretty good about putting the right tags on marked down there and moving them to the clearance rack. It was always a ghost town when I was in there, so I guess it's not that surprising they closed.

[quote name='maxfisher']Yep. I only found it last fall and went a handful of times. It had a good size game area and they were pretty good about putting the right tags on marked down there and moving them to the clearance rack. It was always a ghost town when I was in there, so I guess it's not that surprising they closed.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Kind of sad. I used to run the Sears clearance thread back when the 38th St. Sears was still in business (Lafayette Sq. Mall). That one was always a ghost town as well. The video games sections of the remaining Sears are a lot smaller. I find something in GW or Castleton maybe once a year. Never realized that Essentials store had games. If I'd known that, I'd probably still be updating the Sears clearance thread. Will have to check out the tiny Speedway store, assuming that one is still in business.

Targets at Nora Plaza and 106th and Michigan had several copies of both games. Not sure the exact price but they were below $14.

Need for Speed Prostreet - PS3
Prince of Persia - not positive but I believe for the 360

[quote name='Kronodar']Targets at Nora Plaza and 106th and Michigan had several copies of both games. Not sure the exact price but they were below $14.

Need for Speed Prostreet - PS3
Prince of Persia - not positive but I believe for the 360[/QUOTE]

they had prince of persia also in fort wayne at the maplecrest store...

Picked up

scrabble for the PSP for 7.49... They had 2 copies 1 listed at 7.49 and another at 9.99

or course i grabbed the 7.49 one LOL

also they have something called

FREEREALMS starter card for 99 cents says its a 8 buck vaule
get
30 days of service

Has anybody seen Left for Dead for 360 at a Target in the Indianapolis area? I happened upon dozens of $12.98 copies of FEAR 2 at the West Carmel location, picking one up myself of course, but L4D is what I crave and I haven't seen it anywhere.

I keep forgetting about this awesome thread, has anyone been to the Disc replay in Ft. Wayne recently? are their prices still ridiculous? I may actualy get up there again soon.

[quote name='natesox']Has anybody seen Left for Dead for 360 at a Target in the Indianapolis area? I happened upon dozens of $12.98 copies of FEAR 2 at the West Carmel location, picking one up myself of course, but L4D is what I crave and I haven't seen it anywhere.[/QUOTE]Which one's the West Carmel Target?

I've only seen L4D at the East Washington store, but I went back today and it was gone already.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Which one's the West Carmel Target?

I've only seen L4D at the East Washington store, but I went back today and it was gone already.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up anyway. I'm talking about the 106th and Michigan Road location, the area is known as the West Carmel Shopping Center. The Best Buy just south of the Target and the Blockbuster to the north are also solid places to get some deals. The clearance section at BB is in the checkout line, easy to miss.

anyone hit up the southgate Blockbuster in fort wayne..... wonder if they have anything for the ds or psp Doubt it since the other stores dont...

Greenwood Target has FEAR 2 still at $25. I could've swore someone in the Target Clearance Thread said he got it for ~$13.

Anyone know if Smackdown vs Raw is worth $12.48? Target had about a dozen copies and they're not moving. Rather surprising for how wrestling mad this area is. Maybe the average wrestling fan can't find the endcap? I keed. I keed.

[quote name='depascal22']Greenwood Target has FEAR 2 still at $25. I could've swore someone in the Target Clearance Thread said he got it for ~$13.

Anyone know if Smackdown vs Raw is worth $12.48? Target had about a dozen copies and they're not moving. Rather surprising for how wrestling mad this area is. Maybe the average wrestling fan can't find the endcap? I keed. I keed.[/QUOTE]

Haha, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know where it was at haha. I seen that a few days ago and picked a copy up. Haven't played it though. If F.E.A.R. 2 drops to $12 I'll hop on it. If it's gone before then, I patient and have pleanty in my backlog to hold me over. :p

I hit up Southport Target and they had 3 NFS: Undercover :360: for $12.48, about 5 Ninja Blade :360: for $27 (Toys'r'us has it for $20), about 5 Chronicles of Ridick and another game (slips my mind atm I'll edit when I remember *edit* 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand) both :360: for $41. For :ps3: I just remember Guitar Hero: World Tour game only for $29, had a few various Wii and ps2 games, but didn't bother looking.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anything left at the West Carmel Target?[/QUOTE]

As of 7/2 they are completely wiped out. The clearance area is a wasteland.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I keep forgetting about this awesome thread, has anyone been to the Disc replay in Ft. Wayne recently? are their prices still ridiculous? I may actualy get up there again soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i go there every few weeks. The prices are not that far out of line. Higher than you'll pay private party or ebay, but lower than Gamestop or a rental store.

It's a good place to grab DVD's and box sets. I occasionally pick up $15-18 blu-ray discs there. I'd say the prices aren't that great on Wii/PS3/360, but iif you are looking for older systems, they have the best selection around.

They expanded the store, so now it's two spots in the strip mall...they got the slot behind Quiznos too, and extended the store, the middle of that new spot is all PS2, Xbox, GC, Saturn, and Dreamcast.

Also they resurface everything with a professional machine, not an old game Dr. I had them fix a scratched 360 disc and it was only like $3. Saved me 60 bucks...because Wolverine had radial scratches from the 360 drive.

In further news, Atomic Hobbies has closed both their game store at the mall and their DVD store (next to Build a Bear at Glenbrook) they are moving back to their old location.

Comic book and trade paperback deal for Ft. Wayne.
Discount Comic Book Service is having a 10th anniversary sale.
Sat July 11th.
3 guest artist: Mike Norton, Robert Atkins, Steve Bryant
Back issues will be 10 cents.
Ding & Dent items will be 90% off.
Normal items will have variable discounts.

I did a blog post on DCBS recently, there's a map, and I took pics of the ding / dent section on Thursday...might give you an idea of what is there.

[quote name='arbiter']Comic book and trade paperback deal for Ft. Wayne.
Discount Comic Book Service is having a 10th anniversary sale.
Sat July 11th.
3 guest artist: Mike Norton, Robert Atkins, Steve Bryant
Back issues will be 10 cents.
Ding & Dent items will be 90% off.
Normal items will have variable discounts.

I did a blog post on DCBS recently, there's a map, and I took pics of the ding / dent section on Thursday...might give you an idea of what is there.[/QUOTE]
I'll drop by for that. I haven't been by there for awhile. Do you know what time they open on Saturday?

Sorry I don't. I'm totally going, because that deal on dinged hardbacks can't be beat. They had 3 copies each of Death Dealer and Sandman Vol 2 in hardback...They're $100 books.

Hey all, another update from the Westfield Target. It looks like they have all their copies of Endwar with headset for the PS3 on clearance for about $40-$45 if I remember right. I was sorely tempted to pick one up, but I'm on a buying freeze at the moment. Enjoy!

[quote name='slidecage']anyone hit up the southgate Blockbuster in fort wayne..... wonder if they have anything for the ds or psp Doubt it since the other stores dont...[/QUOTE]

I hit it up today, I had the day off from work, they had the best selection in town, they didnt pull the games out like the other stores did, I bought 4 games, and left a ton behind.

[quote name='arbiter']In further news, Atomic Hobbies has closed both their game store at the mall and their DVD store (next to Build a Bear at Glenbrook) they are moving back to their old location.[/quote]

ahhh, I should have stopped in there, I noticed they were closed down in the mall, I just figured they were out of business.

When did Cash America in Ft Wayne start pricing things at market value? I used to be able to pick up aton of games cheap there, now they are priced higher than any pawn I have ever been to!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']

When did Cash America in Ft Wayne start pricing things at market value? I used to be able to pick up aton of games cheap there, now they are priced higher than any pawn I have ever been to!![/QUOTE]
Yea, Cash America isn't that great. Their pricing hasn't been very good for awhile now. Neither of the ones I check every once in a while has had much in the way of game stuff. The only pawn shop that usually has a good amount of game stuff is the Lev's that is down the road from Hyde Brothers book store. The bad thing about that store is the prices aren't very good and it's kind of smokey, but at least they have classic and modern game stuff.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, Cash America isn't that great. Their pricing hasn't been very good for awhile now. Neither of the ones I check every once in a while has had much in the way of game stuff. The only pawn shop that usually has a good amount of game stuff is the Lev's that is down the road from Hyde Brothers book store. The bad thing about that store is the prices aren't very good and it's kind of smokey, but at least they have classic and modern game stuff.[/QUOTE]

ya, when I was in college the Cash Americas had amazing ammounts of games, even up to about a year ago their racks were full, today I don't think they had more than 20 PS2 games apiece, i'm not sure if a reseller is hitting them and getting a bulk discount so he can actualy get a good deal, or if the newfound abundace of shops like Disc Replay and Atomic Hobbies are pulling people away from the pawns....and on that note, what happend to mcVans selction? It seems they only have 50% of the stock they had 2 months ago when I was there!!

P.S. WTF is wrong with Disc Replay, I got a copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story today for $11, It was right beside a copy priced $54....lol.

[quote name='Sinnbox']ya, when I was in college the Cash Americas had amazing ammounts of games, even up to about a year ago their racks were full, today I don't think they had more than 20 PS2 games apiece, i'm not sure if a reseller is hitting them and getting a bulk discount so he can actualy get a good deal, or if the newfound abundace of shops like Disc Replay and Atomic Hobbies are pulling people away from the pawns....and on that note, what happend to mcVans selction? It seems they only have 50% of the stock they had 2 months ago when I was there!!

P.S. WTF is wrong with Disc Replay, I got a copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story today for $11, It was right beside a copy priced $54....lol.[/QUOTE]
I hadn't noticed anything about McVans' selection, but I don't usually go in there. The main store on maplecrest is the one closest to me.

That's a pretty good deal on Lunar. Must have been mislabeled. Was it a complete copy?

I think people are generally wising up since money is tight. More people are putting things on ebay or shopping around for the best trade in value now. I basically told my family to at least ask if a game was worth anything before they rushed into Gamestop to trade it in.

On the flip side, pawn shops have plenty of decent jewelry these days. Maybe problems have gotten bad enough that pawning video games just won't do it anymore.

I finally took some great advise from the Target Clearance thread in the main forum.

I asked the clerk at the West Carmel Target on Michigan to look behind the L4D GOTY versions behind the glass. He found a regular edition for $12.48 and there are several still remaining.

If you are interested and can't make it to this location, I suggest that you check your nearest Target and ask them to check behind the GOTY copies.

Even though you can tell the version by looking at the side of the box, I would ask them to pull them all out anyway just to be sure. I could only see four boxes but he pulled out 10 boxes from that rack.

Mike

bread's done
Back