Indie Games Uprising III begins today - 9 Xbox Live Indie Games for $11

Wrong

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
The Indie Games Uprising is being advertised on the Xbox Dash starting today and if my website traffic is any indication, there is a lot of interest. Below is a list of titles, reviews and so forth for everyone!

080712newsxbliguprising.jpg

Today marks the beginning of the third Uprising showcase for Xbox Live Indie Games, otherwise known as the Indie Games Uprising III. Starting today and continuing on to the 20th, a new Xbox Live Indie Game will be released. Most of these games were top 20 finalists for Microsoft's Dream. Build. Play contest. Check out the official website HERE.

Launch Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmxuOSQfHDw

Sept. 10 - qrth-phyl - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Ocean, Indie Gamer Chick, Indie Theory
Sept. 11- Sententia - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Indie Gamer Chick, Indie Theory, Clearance Bin Review
Sept. 12 - Diehard Dungeon - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, The/./XBLIG, Indie Gamer Chick
Sept. 13 - Gateways - Now only $1 (80 MSP)! - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Gamer Chick, The/./XBLIG
Sept. 14 - Smooth Operators - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, The/./XBLIG, Indie Gamer Chick
Sept. 17 - Entropy - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Gamer Chick, The/./XBLIG
Sept. 18 - City Tuesday - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Ocean, Indie Gamer Chick, The Indie Mine
Sept. 19 - XenoMiner - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Gamer Chick, The/./XBLIG
Sept. 20 - Pixel - $1 (80 MSP) - Reviews: Clearance Bin Review, Indie Gamer Chick, The/./XBLIG

You can also download the soundtrack for the Indie Game Uprising III HERE (Sorry for linking the album indirectly through CBR, but I only have a Tinyurl for the album and I can't link that on CAG)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to bump the thread quick. Gateways! has dropped to only $1! A great deal just got greater. Also a new update as well.

More info.

So you can now get all 9 games for only $9.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='otangz']Thanks for the heads up! This is the game I really wanted from this group.[/QUOTE]

Gateways! is great, but I would really really recommend checking out the games I listed above. Xenominer is kind of starting to win me over a bit more as well (as others are starting to post what they've done, seeing other ways that you can play the game basically.

As I mentioned in the OP, this is being advertised on the Xbox Dash right now and I've been getting a lot of traffic on CBR for it so it seems there is an interest in reviews of the games so I figured I'd bump this thread as it is a pretty good source of that info. Remember, all the games are only $1!

I forgot about Diehard Dungeon and that I was going to buy that when i had 80 points sitting around... glad for that dash ad as it reminded me...

[quote name='utopianmachine']I think I may get Smooth Operators. Looks like my kinda game.[/QUOTE]

I bought it back when this thread was started, finally got to it last night; its definitely awesome. Feels like a focused SimTower, which is great!

EDIT: Also finally got around to XenoMiner, only played like an hour maybe, didn't really feel it. Concept was neat, the Minecraft clone-ness was really evident, and the radiation/air features are weird to get used to.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I bought it back when this thread was started, finally got to it last night; its definitely awesome. Feels like a focused SimTower, which is great!

EDIT: Also finally got around to XenoMiner, only played like an hour maybe, didn't really feel it. Concept was neat, the Minecraft clone-ness was really evident, and the radiation/air features are weird to get used to.[/QUOTE]

My first hour and a half with it was horrible. After I was accidentally forced to restart the game it went much better and I wound up wasting a solid 7 or so hours in the game before I had to stop and write the review. Haven't had much time to go back but there is actually a fair amount of depth to the game. Just go to the developer website and look up how to program your little robot that you get...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Huh? There are links to every game and reviews of every game in the OP....[/QUOTE]

Unless its septemember I think the OP is a little outdated.

I just cant tell if theres a deal here, or if these games are really worth a dollar each

[quote name='dcm1602']Unless its septemember I think the OP is a little outdated.

I just cant tell if theres a deal here, or if these games are really worth a dollar each[/QUOTE]

I'm with you - I did a Google search and it looks like this is all from September still. What's new with the 'deal'?

[quote name='dcm1602']Unless its septemember I think the OP is a little outdated.

I just cant tell if theres a deal here, or if these games are really worth a dollar each[/QUOTE]

I imagine the multiple review links, and links to trials of each game would help determine if they are worth $1.

[quote name='blitztwn36']I'm with you - I did a Google search and it looks like this is all from September still. What's new with the 'deal'?[/QUOTE]

Sigh... reading comprehension on this site is painful. the OP's very first line is "The Indie Games Uprising is being advertised on the Xbox Dash starting today and if my website traffic is any indication, there is a lot of interest. Below is a list of titles, reviews and so forth for everyone!"

I also mentioned in my post that bumped the thread that I was doing so purely for informational purposes since a lot of people seemed to be looking into the game from the Uprising since the ad went live.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Sigh... reading comprehension on this site is painful. the OP's very first line is "The Indie Games Uprising is being advertised on the Xbox Dash starting today and if my website traffic is any indication, there is a lot of interest. Below is a list of titles, reviews and so forth for everyone!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't chalk it up to poor reading comprehension - it seemed like there was a new Indie Uprising being held - hence the disconnect when you referred to the OP and it was all dated from September. I mean, it's four months later and the Uprising is being advertised on the dash...so that inherently doesn't make much sense from Xbox's standpoint.

Any chance about minecraft getting integrated in any of this "indy uprising" nonsense?

Since it is pretty much the gold standard in indie gaming

[quote name='dcm1602']Any chance about minecraft getting integrated in any of this "indy uprising" nonsense?

Since it is pretty much the gold standard in indie gaming[/QUOTE]
There's nothing indie about a game published by Microsoft. So no. Just no.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']My first hour and a half with it was horrible. After I was accidentally forced to restart the game it went much better and I wound up wasting a solid 7 or so hours in the game before I had to stop and write the review. Haven't had much time to go back but there is actually a fair amount of depth to the game. Just go to the developer website and look up how to program your little robot that you get...[/QUOTE]

Ya, I figured the robot might be cool; but when I opened it, it looked too complicated for 5am me to deal with :lol:

bread's done
Back