IndieFort Bundle # 2 at Gamersgate is live

No Steam keys at all ever is a big turn off for me on Indie Fort.

Do they even do Desura keys? I'm sorry but I just really need some sort of client to keep up with updates and manage my games.

Anyway, I already have 3079 from the Indie Royale alpha funding bundle a while back. I played around with a little and it seems like a decent WIP Minecraft-eqsue game but I haven't checked back on it for a while or really played it extensively.

As for Fortix and Aztaka I'm sure they will be cheap on the Steam summer sale. Not familiar with the others so I don't know much about them.

3079 sounded familiar. For some reason it looks better now than it did when I looked into it then. With IR likely to bring some bundles back I will wait for that.

[quote name='Motoki']No Steam keys at all ever is a big turn off for me on Indie Fort.

Do they even do Desura keys? I'm sorry but I just really need some sort of client to keep up with updates and manage my games.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that a lot of folks feel this way but you should bear in mind that this is a bundle hosted by Gamersgate, which sells all of these games. It doesn't really make sense from that company's perspective to have Steam or Desura keys for these bundles when that is essentially encouraging sales at competing DD sites. I would also note, for what it's worth, that the two games you referenced are the only ones in the bundle (not including FOTW) that are available on Steam.

[quote name='warreni']I understand that a lot of folks feel this way but you should bear in mind that this is a bundle hosted by Gamersgate, which sells all of these games. It doesn't really make sense from that company's perspective to have Steam or Desura keys for these bundles when that is essentially encouraging sales at competing DD sites. I would also note, for what it's worth, that the two games you referenced are the only ones in the bundle (not including FOTW) that are available on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but I still think it would beneift them by including Steam keys. IndieRoyale is run by Desura and they have no problem giving out Steam keys. Gamersgate (as well as other distributors) also sell many games on their service that require Steam activation. Lets face it, including Steam/Desura keys on any of these Indie deals will increase sales.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I understand what you are saying, but I still think it would beneift them by including Steam keys. IndieRoyale is run by Desura and they have no problem giving out Steam keys. Gamersgate (as well as other distributors) also sell many games on their service that require Steam activation. Lets face it, including Steam/Desura keys on any of these Indie deals will increase sales.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing. Obviously Indie Royale/Desura have no problems giving out Steam keys and it doesn't seem to be hurting their business since they do a mix of some Steam and some non-Steam.

I think these bundles should be about getting the indie games out there and getting them exposure. If Gamersgate wants to use it to drum up business that's fine but then why not just outright have bundles sold as straight up Gamersgate bundles that go through them? Steam does that sometimes.

Purchased, thanks for the heads up. Worth it just for Demise imo.

Edit - it also looks like this bundle includes Mordor - Depths of Dejenol which is also a great game if you like wizardy like dungeon crawlers.

I already had a few games at GamersGate, what's a few more. Intrusion 2 looks interesting, Metal Slug meets Bionic Commando meets Abuse.

Fortix 2 is a great Qix clone. The others look intriguing, but without Steam or Desura... I think I'm going to pass on the bundle.

[quote name='jthieme']Purchased, thanks for the heads up. Worth it just for Demise imo.

Edit - it also looks like this bundle includes Mordor - Depths of Dejenol which is also a great game if you like wizardy like dungeon crawlers.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I rechecked the GG page and didn't see any reference to this. Link or screencap?

[quote name='warreni']Hm. I rechecked the GG page and didn't see any reference to this. Link or screencap?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's a mistake but when I click on IndieFort Bundle Nr 2 Bonus Content in my game library I see the following links including one for Mordor Game (secret unlock) which allows me to download file MordorV1-1_DepthsSetup.exe. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

http://www.sammythieme.com/fort2.png

[quote name='jthieme']Maybe it's a mistake but when I click on IndieFort Bundle Nr 2 Bonus Content in my game library I see the following links including one for Mordor Game (secret unlock) which allows me to download file MordorV1-1_DepthsSetup.exe. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

http://www.sammythieme.com/fort2.png[/QUOTE]

That's weird. Two of the games referenced in that image were in the first bundle and none of that content is listed when you click on the "bonus content" link on the bundle page. I'm really not sure what to make of that, as I haven't picked up the bundle myself (and I'm presently undecided as to whether I will b/c I have 3 of the games already).

[quote name='warreni']That's weird. Two of the games referenced in that image were in the first bundle and none of that content is listed when you click on the "bonus content" link on the bundle page. I'm really not sure what to make of that, as I haven't picked up the bundle myself (and I'm presently undecided as to whether I will b/c I have 3 of the games already).[/QUOTE]

I just clicked on the for the IndieFort Nr1 bonus content and I see the same 4 links including Mordor which I don't recall being there before for that bundle. So it definitely looks like a mistake where Gamersgate has the bonus content for bundle 2 pointing to the bonus content for bundle 1 currently.

Edit - looks like it was a mistake, the link for the bonus files no longer takes me there. Now all I see there is the music and maps for Dark Scavenger

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 3079 listed as a demo and shows as a 43,407 kb jar file when downloaded?

Also, are the installers / game files you download from Gamersgate always encrypted so you need the "Download gamename.exe" to install them?

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']Is 3079 listed as a demo and shows as a 43,407 kb jar file when downloaded?

Also, are the installers / game files you download from Gamersgate always encrypted so you need the "Download gamename.exe" to install them?[/QUOTE]

For 3079 there is a link under the extras to download the full but it's .jar file and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that. Anyone else know?

For the installers for the other games a trick I've learned is that when the setup launches you can navigate down through the temporary gamersgate file directory and it will have all of the files unencrypted at that point. Simpy copy those files off to a directory of your choosing and you can run that setup at a later date without having to connect to gamersgate again, so essentially it is now DRM free.

[quote name='jthieme']For 3079 there is a link under the extras to download the full but it's .jar file and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that. Anyone else know?

For the installers for the other games a trick I've learned is that when the setup launches you can navigate down through the temporary gamersgate file directory and it will have all of the files unencrypted at that point. Simpy copy those files off to a directory of your choosing and you can run that setup at a later date without having to connect to gamersgate again, so essentially it is now DRM free.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can tell you is that jar means it's a Java application. It may be an executable or you may need to ensure that you have an up-to-date installation of Java on your system. This page may help: http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-.Jar-Java-File

Dark Scavenger is a really great game. I really enjoyed the point-and-click adventure and it had some really great, "laugh out loud" moments with the crude humor.

[quote name='warreni']The only thing I can tell you is that jar means it's a Java application. It may be an executable or you may need to ensure that you have an up-to-date installation of Java on your system. This page may help: http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-.Jar-Java-File[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes if I right click on the .jar and choose open with Java Platform I get a windows host script error but once I clear that out the installer launches.

[quote name='jthieme']

For the installers for the other games a trick I've learned is that when the setup launches you can navigate down through the temporary gamersgate file directory and it will have all of the files unencrypted at that point. Simpy copy those files off to a directory of your choosing and you can run that setup at a later date without having to connect to gamersgate again, so essentially it is now DRM free.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks!

Last night I decided to take a chance and buy a single Civ V (Mac) dlc and try it on steam since I knew that game is steamplay and figured it would work for both. Sure enough, the key worked fine and I was able to access it normally from my windows pc / install, so I bought the others. Figured I would mention that in case anyone was curious about that and wanted to get them while they're 75% - 79% off.

Edit: Sorry. I keep forgetting this isn't the general Gamersgate topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mommonja']Dark Scavenger is a really great game. I really enjoyed the point-and-click adventure and it had some really great, "laugh out loud" moments with the crude humor.[/QUOTE]

Developer here. It's really great to hear people are enjoying the game :)

I've only played Intrusion 2 so far in the but despite a few minor nitpicks It's probably the most fun I've had with a game in a while.

Anyone have any idea why the bonuses that are said to have been unlocked on the main page aren't showing up for download, only
Main Song for Dark Scavenger and Dark Scavenger Maps are,and the maps aren't even listed as a bonus, wth?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Anyone have any idea why the bonuses that are said to have been unlocked on the main page aren't showing up for download, only
Main Song for Dark Scavenger and Dark Scavenger Maps are,and the maps aren't even listed as a bonus, wth?[/QUOTE]

I've asked them about it but have yet to get a response. I'll keep bothering them about it.

The deal got extended for another week.

Looks like the Ascension soundtrack is available for download now under the bonus section.

Also, I see Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol listed with the games in the bundle but I can't download it yet from my shelf.

bread's done
Back