IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Dropped a dollar. Got a Steam key. WW wasn't ever my favorite game but it's worth a half hour of dicking around.[/QUOTE]

Same, weird how it doesn't pull up in the Steam store though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Same, weird how it doesn't pull up in the Steam store though.[/QUOTE]
I guess that the dev/s decided to keep it off the Steam store until after the IGS promo period, like has happened with a few games in past IndieRoyale bundles.

I was kinda bummed I skipped the IR Alpha bundle when I saw this game. Now I get it without having the other two. Just as I want it. In for $2.

It's worth noting that if you BTA for Wyv and Keep, you can get a desura key for SmashBox if you PM the dev on Desura with your Indie Game Stand username. That alone, to me, makes this one of the best deals they've had on IGS.

DROD ranks up there as one of those classics you never actually get around to finishing like De Blob or whatever. It's a clever puzzler but I don't like how the mechanics play out and it is ball-crushingly hard... when it feels like it. You'll spend ages playing glorified Dr. Who (The original one) against stupid roaches (Easy as hell. Kind of necessary to get you used to the sword dancing you'll have to do to take on the big boys, but boy is it a snoozefest.) before the game decides to shake it up, and then it shakes it up with one of the most absurd mechanics I could imagine: tar. And then we haven't even hit half the real enemies yet, the ones with AI who actively try to dodge your sword and get around it and many others.

You could do a lot worse but I defy you all to actually make a serious dent in the game before tossing it aside.

[quote name='RollingSkull']You could do a lot worse but I defy you all to actually make a serious dent in the game before tossing it aside.[/QUOTE]

I'd never heard of the DROD games before but they seem to have quite a cult following.

I myself pretty much beat the first game (available for free online) and it's pretty good and a very unique puzzle game. Not great graphics but gameplay is very very good. It does get very hard esp when you get to some of the monsters but it's all good. For a dollar or so it's well worth it.

[quote name='gilby']Repeat from Indie Royale's Fall Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I probably wasn't gonna buy it, but now I don't even have to give it a thought.

So far that seems to be the normal pattern for IGS.

[quote name='Motoki']So far that seems to be the normal pattern for IGS.[/QUOTE]

It works for me if it was one I missed.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for pointing that out. I probably wasn't gonna buy it, but now I don't even have to give it a thought.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

It'd be nice to have something that would remember every game that I own on Steam or from bundles (and ideally anywhere else, although that'd be more difficult).

[quote name='Motoki']Reprisal is up now but the Request Desura key button does not seem to be working for the moment.[/QUOTE]

This. It doesn't do anything and the same thing happened with Megabyte Punch.

Also, if you only pay .25, you don't get a drm direct download link like the other games. Not sure if it will be added later, or if it's Desura only. It didn't come across really clear on the page, if so.

[quote name='Necrotron']Also, if you only pay .25, you don't get a drm direct download link like the other games. Not sure if it will be added later, or if it's Desura only. If so, I missed that part on the page.[/QUOTE]

The page said you had to pay $1 to get the Desura key anyway prior to ordering. Of course I did do that and the Desura key still is not working, for the moment.

[quote name='Motoki']The page said you had to pay $1 to get the Desura key anyway prior to ordering. Of course I did do that and the Desura key still is not working, for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yep, didn't see that it was 'only' Desura. Usually it's both Desura and direct download. Not a biggie, just means I pay $1.25 instead.

I seem to remember that message about paying $1 minimum for desura keys popping up on previous games, so I just ignored it, since I usually only want the direct download.

I already have it from the bundle but I'm thinking of tossing in a dollar for this deal to get the diary and 3 (new/extra?) chiptunes.

Nevermind, looks like they updated my wallet with a direct download for my meager .25 contribution. No need to pay a $1 minimum for Desura, although always good to help a noble cause.

[quote name='Necrotron']Nevermind, looks like they updated my wallet with a direct download for my meager .25 contribution. No need to pay a $1 minimum for Desura, although always good to help a noble cause.[/QUOTE]

For those that did get the Desura key or want it, I can confirm that has also been fixed now and it is showing properly.

Hmm, is this the first one they've offered without a "beat the average" bonus?? The Inception DLC would be good for that, since they're letting you redeem it on Steam also.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hmm, is this the first one they've offered without a "beat the average" bonus?? The Inception DLC would be good for that, since they're letting you redeem it on Steam also.[/QUOTE]

It looks like you get Hacker Evolution & Hacker Evolution Untold as the bonuses. You only get Hacker Evolution Duality if you pay less than the average.

[quote name='The End']It looks like you get Hacker Evolution & Hacker Evolution Untold as the bonuses. You only get Hacker Evolution Duality if you pay less than the average.[/QUOTE]

Where are you reading that!?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Where are you reading that!?[/QUOTE]

It's right there in the OP where I put it:

Beat the average to unlock the bonus content:
* Hacker Evolution (Windows Game)
* Hacker Evolution Untold (Windows, Mac and Linux Game)

You can also click "Buy Now" and move the slider past the current average to see the bonuses.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Where are you reading that!?[/QUOTE]

Checkout screen. That's how I always check the bonuses because it's just faster than scouring the main store page. Look to the payment slider. It tells you what you get for below average, then what you'd get for the average & up.

[quote name='Detruire']That would be a pretty good deal... if I hadn't already got the lot from old IndieGala bundles.[/QUOTE]

Although it may not matter to most people, I bought them again from IGS since they include the Linux versions of the games.

[quote name='Detruire']That would be a pretty good deal... if I hadn't already got the lot from old IndieGala bundles.[/QUOTE]

Indiegamestand reminds me of Smith the Horse from the Ultima series. He would always give you an important clue. Trouble is it was always for the previous game in the series thus it was completely useless.

[quote name='The End']Checkout screen. That's how I always check the bonuses because it's just faster than scouring the main store page. Look to the payment slider. It tells you what you get for below average, then what you'd get for the average & up.[/QUOTE]

Not to say that screen isn't misleading. To get to the Top Contributor level, you only have to pay $100, when the top contributor so far is $2.88 o_O

Thanks for the tip though, I shall use your CAG-Fu in my future endeavors.

[quote name='Motoki']Indiegamestand reminds me of Smith the Horse from the Ultima series. He would always give you an important clue. Trouble is it was always for the previous game in the series thus it was completely useless.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like an awesome little touch to add to a game. :)

For me, Indie Game Stand has come in handy several times for picking up individual games from otherwise undesireable Indie Royale bundles I've passed on. Since there's a new game featured so often you're bound to see repeats from other bundles popping up, but sometimes that can work to your advantage.

[quote name='sunghost']Hm, I just bought Mobiloid, and beat the average but didn't get the bonus content. This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well. The only thing available to me is Hacker Evolution Duality.

bread's done
Back