IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']What's the story on this thing?[/QUOTE]

Some man/woman created an indiegogo page asking for money for a reverse sex change operation, but since no one is going to pay for that, they made up some story about being in a car accident and doctor's leaving some sort of mythical metal inside them (from the car or the doctor? they never make it clear).

So this person is now suffering from metal poisoning and asking for money for an operation to remove this metal from their body before they die.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive

You can read all of there.

Groupees recently added an option to donate to them on the Retro bundle page.

This person is tied to the gaming community because apparently they developed some game no one ever bought.

[quote name='Mooby']Guys, I'm dying and I need an operation... it's totally not to pay off my educational debt.[/QUOTE]

Do you have APR poisoning from private student loans? A lot of people are suffering from that currently...I feel for you. Ill donate what I can.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Do you have APR poisoning from private student loans? A lot of people are suffering from that currently...I feel for you. Ill donate what I can.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother suing them either, you will totally lose if you are totally unprepared. You'd think you'd prepare if you were trying to live, but it was like a crazy day and I stayed up all night the night before finishing Super Meat Boy on hard so I was totally unprepared.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Some man/woman created an indiegogo page asking for money for a reverse sex change operation, but since no one is going to pay for that, they made up some story about being in a car accident and doctor's leaving some sort of mythical metal inside them (from the car or the doctor? they never make it clear).

So this person is now suffering from metal poisoning and asking for money for an operation to remove this metal from their body before they die.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive

You can read all of there.

Groupees recently added an option to donate to them on the Retro bundle page.

This person is tied to the gaming community because apparently they developed some game no one ever bought.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any sources that show that this is a scam? I almost contributed to this myself but got distracted (perhpas luckily if what you say is true).

[quote name='seamoss']Do you have any sources that show that this is a scam? I almost contributed to this myself but got distracted (perhpas luckily if what you say is true).[/QUOTE]

There's no proof that it's a scam, but there's no proof that it's legit either. Chloe refuses to show anyone proof. Also, I found this.. (some guy's youtube convo with her):

http://www.reddit.com/s/http://imgur.com/gallery/Uc9i2

Yeah, no offense, but my common sense is enough. (S)he hasn't shown any proof and is claiming to have a disease that doesn't exist due to a completely implausible reason (unless the car battery flew inside her during the accident and they missed it). People live full non-metal poisoned lives with bullets and shrapnel in their body all the time.

Also the lies about how she tried to sue for malpractice and the insurance company but lost both times.

None of the story makes sense. Also, lady sounds like a dude in all the youtube vids. Blames it on a cold or something.

I need to stop being such a cynic. I'll support his sex change operation as long as he live vlogs a play through of this once it's done:

I_Am_Alive_Cover_Art.png

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I need to stop being such a cynic. I'll support his sex change operation as long as he live vlogs a play through of this once it's done:

I_Am_Alive_Cover_Art.png
[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer a live stream of the surgery, that he gets in Mexico.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'd prefer a live stream of the surgery, that he gets in Mexico.[/QUOTE]

They are cheaper in Brazil. And then he can use the extra 10K he's asking for to recover in paradise.

Updated OP for new deal: Brunel Charity Game Jam Bundle

100% of all proceeds from this sale will be donated to Child's Play Charity.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']used amazon payments didn't receive a key.....anyone else this happen to?[/QUOTE]

When you say key what do you mean? These games don't come with a key, just a download file for all of them.

Mini Reviews:

Lawnrunner - The reason I bought, sounded interesting. Not a bad puzzle game. You basically move a sheep around to some tree to eat and have to avoid lawnmowers on the way. You only get 3 moves at a time so you have to plan and hit the arrow keys at the right times.

Timekeepers - Platformer/Puzzler where you can freeze time. The concepts here are pretty cool. You have to get from the start point to the door, but on the way you have to hit a set target in order to unlock the door.

Both games so far are actually better than I would expect from something like this, but nowhere anything I would recommend other than for curiosity. Menus suck, controls could be a lot better, and obviously the graphics are not the best. Still worth the dollar for me.

I just decided to check in to see how many copies that they've sold thus far and I noticed that they added Love+ as an additional bonus for beating the average. Most of us probably already own it through the recent retro groupees bundle. But if you somehow managed to miss it there, I guess it adds some value to the current offering on IGS.

Though the BTA is currently $2.51, and Love+ retails at $2.99, so...the main attraction for anyone beating the average is still probably to support Child's Play Charity.

through in a $1.51, because it reminds me of 3D Dot Game Heroes, and 4 games for that price is pretty good, even if they are less than excellent. And it has Linux support, which is always a huge plus for Me:bouncy:

I was so close to buying it until I remembered that I already had it from that HiB ages ago.

This was a nice reminder about the latest update though.

[quote name='seamoss']Updated OP for new deal: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star[/QUOTE]

Looks like no keys.

This is a repeat from Indiegala 8.

Data Jammers, Weird Worlds, and Brainpipe were part of the Indie Royale May Hurray bundle (and all now have Steam keys available on the bundle key page.)

Wasn't a fan of Brainpipe, which I got from a key drop, but Data Jammers always looked good, so I'm in for a dollar. Don't seem to keen to try Weird Worlds.

Bought BTA bundle, but I didnt get a new Steam key for Weird Worlds. Anyone else have this problem? I have a key from the last time I bought the game back in December, but nothing new was added. Don't tell me IndieGameStand has a 1 key limit per account...

bread's done
Back