IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the 4th previously bundled deal in a row, and they've started to rehash their own deals.. I think they set a new record.

[quote name='jatan11t']Bought BTA bundle, but I didnt get a new Steam key for Weird Worlds. Anyone else have this problem? I have a key from the last time I bought the game back in December, but nothing new was added. Don't tell me IndieGameStand has a 1 key limit per account...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, IGS doesn't give more than 1 key per account.

[quote name='Detruire']Data Jammers, Weird Worlds, and Brainpipe were part of the Indie Royale May Hurray bundle (and all now have Steam keys available on the bundle key page.)[/QUOTE]
On top of that, Dr. Blob's Organism and Strange Adventures in Infinite Space are available for free anytime from their website:
http://www.digital-eel.com/organism/
http://www.digital-eel.com/sais/

The game studio, Digital Eel, is Kickstarting a 3rd game in the Infinite Space series, which I'm guessing was the impetus for bundling their games again:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digital-eel/infinite-space-3-sea-of-stars

Updated OP for new deal: Beware Planet Earth!

Edit: ha, this is funny - a couple of people (the devs?) paid $10 right off the bat so the BTA is already over $2. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot...

[quote name='seamoss']Updated OP for new deal: Beware Planet Earth![/QUOTE]

It was in the first Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle and Greenlight Bundle 3, for anyone curious. This is the 6th disappointing deal they've had in a row.. getting tiring. I'm starting to think it's not worth checking their deals anymore when they don't give hints beforehand.

eh, I tossed in a quarter. I have so many tower defense games already, but at least this one has linux support (if not natice:cry:). Rather underwhelmed lately, hope things get better.

Perhaps a pointless struggle, as Beware Planet Earth is yet another tower defense game, I thought very highly of the game (acquired through groupees). It struck me as a "hardcore" Plants Vs Zombies, if only because of graphical style. Relatively speaking however, the game (on veteran mode) is much much harder than the causal offerings of PvZ, and there's much more action to it: you're constantly clicking things, shooting things, placing turrets, dropping bombs, etc etc.

I played the crap out of it, but I love strategy games/tower defense, so my opinion may vary greatly. Definitely a B+ game in my book.

Of course I might have just loved the Chekhov reference too much, who knows!

Beware Planet Earth is also on Greenlight, and they devs have stated that if it's greenlit, anybody who has it will get a Steam key.

Beware Planet Earth on Greenlight

I voted yes a long time since it looked like a PvZ kind of game. Does anybody know if you need to pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if and when it gets greenlit? I would assume yes.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Beware Planet Earth is also on Greenlight, and they devs have stated that if it's greenlit, anybody who has it will get a Steam key.

Beware Planet Earth on Greenlight

I voted yes a long time since it looked like a PvZ kind of game. Does anybody know if you need to pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if and when it gets greenlit? I would assume yes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you've gotta pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if/when it gets greenlit.

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah you've gotta pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if/when it gets greenlit.[/QUOTE]

so here is a question hopefully you can answer: say this actually gets greenlit, but I didn't pay $1. Could I change my payment to $1 after the fact and end up with a key?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so here is a question hopefully you can answer: say this actually gets greenlit, but I didn't pay $1. Could I change my payment to $1 after the fact and end up with a key?[/QUOTE]

Extremely unlikely - I see no way of changing your payment after the 4-day deal is over (or even while it's happening for that matter). But you can open a support ticket if you really want an official answer.

[quote name='seamoss']Extremely unlikely - I see no way of changing your payment after the 4-day deal is over (or even while it's happening for that matter). But you can open a support ticket if you really want an official answer.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't really care that much. Seems very unlikely it will even make it, and if it does I probably won't even care at that point. Thanks for the answer:)

[quote name='seamoss']Updated OP for new deal: Bleed (previously bundled in Groupees Retro Bundle)[/QUOTE]

I knew Bleed was coming eventually (confirmed by IGS admin).. but I wish it wasn't now :whistle2:(

So many crappy deals on IGS lately.

Bleed is really really good, probably my favorite from the Groupees Retro bundle. Highly recommended if you don't have it, but I suppose most do by now.

Bleed was one of the first titles I voted 'Yes' to when Greenlight first launched.

Bleed on Greenlight

After a quick scan of the forums, it looks like anybody who buys before it gets Greenlit will get a Steam key. At least it's been confirmed for buyers directly from the dev and those who bought that Groupees Bundle.

I caved in (I'm a sucker for IGS).

Bleed seems pretty cool so far. I played through the first level, the mechanics and visuals are pretty solid. No regrets.

This is the third time I've bought Bleed. It's that good. Do pick it up.

Second time I've bought the soundtrack. It's not quite THAT good but it's good.

[quote name='spoderman']New deal is StarDrone, which was in Indie Royale The Snow Storm bundle and BundleStars #5 Indie Mashup bundle.[/QUOTE]

I knew it sounded familiar. Thanks for saving me a buck.

OP updated. From the reviews I've seen it's not that great, although the devs have been updating it. There's a demo on Desura if anyone's curious.

[quote name='The End']New game is Pulse Shift. Only available on Desura and as a DRM-Free download.

Not sure about this one. Seems likely to show up in a future Indie Royale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this seems like bundle fodder.. but at least it's not a repeat.

this looks interesting, but generally speaking, FPSs and platformers don't work very well together. I think I will wait for a bundle as well, since it seems very likely.

Thumbs up for Unstoppable Gorg.

A TD with style and charisma does exist, and here I am thinking that good TDs are legally obligated to be totally swagless and bland. I'm not a tower-defense fan but this one is winsome enough for me to enjoy it.

To+Serve+Man+Twilight+Zone.jpg

[quote name='akmgmer']Just got an email from IGS advertising Unmechanical GOG and Steam Key. Will probably pick this one up when its live.[/QUOTE]

Is that the new deal tonight? I guess I'll start subscribing to the newsletter then if they're going to use it to notify us of future deals. Already got Unmechanical from Indie Royale though.

[quote name='spoderman']Is that the new deal tonight? I guess I'll start subscribing to the newsletter then if they're going to use it to notify us of future deals. Already got Unmechanical from Indie Royale though.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it is the new deal but I don't know for sure. This is the first time they have sent one before the previous deal was over as far as I know.

[quote name='spoderman']I'm guessing you missed the Indie Royale bundle it was in? Otherwise I don't know why you'd want it to be bundled again ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't get in on that one either, so I'm also hoping for a bbundle. Judging by reviews, it's a pretty but short and not terribly original puzzle game, which isn't enough for $1 from me when it will almost certainly be bundled again. Pass from me.

[quote name='spoderman']I'm guessing you missed the Indie Royale bundle it was in? Otherwise I don't know why you'd want it to be bundled again ;)[/QUOTE]
It seems like half the people here ignore/skip IR bundles just because of the name.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I didn't get in on that one either, so I'm also hoping for a bbundle. Judging by reviews, it's a pretty but short and not terribly original puzzle game, which isn't enough for $1 from me when it will almost certainly be bundled again. Pass from me.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a really good game - great atmosphere, clever puzzles, looks pretty, good sound. I got it from IR as well and played it through in 2-3 days, so it's on the short side but definitely worth a dollar if you like this sort of game.

BTW, I'm mobile so I'll update the OP tomorrow.

[quote name='Detruire']It seems like half the people here ignore/skip IR bundles just because of the name.[/QUOTE]

Or because not all the games interest them enough to buy the bundle. I've purchased a fair share of IR bundles, and I always check them when they come out.

But I made a mistake in my above post - I really meant to say I was hoping for Unmechanical to be individually cheap, not necessarily in a bundle. Plus, the IR bundle was over 3 months ago. Easy for someone to forget that (especially if they passed on it or missed it altogether).

Not everyone can buy every bundle. This deal is good for people who want a certain game but don't want to pay extra for other games they're not interested in. Plus, I passed on the IR because I hoped to get the game on GOG somehow - IGS answered the call. :)

Hmm, it comes with a GOG key, eh? I already own Unmechanical on steam courtesy of Indie Royale. But I wouldn't mind having it on GOG as well. Anybody out there not care about having it on GOG and wanna split the cost? 50 cents a piece.

Found somebody to split the cost with. Thanks Redbot

New deal is Zigfrak. Looks like a decent game, actually, but right now they're out of desura keys for some reason. It was in the Indie Fort Spring bundle if anyone cares, I don't buy those so it's new to me.

EDIT: Appears that the "game key" activates on Desura.

[quote name='spoderman']New deal is Zigfrak. Looks like a decent game, actually, but right now they're out of desura keys for some reason. It was in the Indie Fort Spring bundle if anyone cares, I don't buy those so it's new to me.

EDIT: Appears that the "game key" activates on Desura.[/QUOTE]

Pass for me. I'm not huge in space themes or RPGs, and probably would never get around to it. Question though: wouldn't that mean you could get a desura key for .25?

Oh, and thought youd appreciate the fact that everytime I type desura it gets auto corrected to redhead...just saying;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Pass for me. I'm not huge in space themes or RPGs, and probably would never get around to it. Question though: wouldn't that mean you could get a desura key for .25?

Oh, and thought youd appreciate the fact that everytime I type desura it gets auto corrected to redhead...just saying;)[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of trying that.. maybe you should test it and find out ;)

EDIT: Yeah, you can pay 25 cents and get a desura key.. lol

http://blog.indiegamestand.com/

Please note that this game is not DRM free and requires a registration key. Everyone will receive a key with their purchase and can redeem this key on Desura since the developer has registered all of his own keys with Desura. Beat the Average to get the game’s original soundtrack in MP3 format.

bread's done
Back