IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a chance to look yet but FINALLY. They sure took their sweet time and it wasn't the developer's faukt either because he was on top of it.

The only game from IGS I bought was Brandon must die, which was a binding of Isaac ripoff. It seems to have been abandoned, so at least there's no bundle remorse!
Haha you bought that too...and sad to see it has been abandoned...looked OK. I liked in the BTA tier there was all this extra game junk added that is just that...junk instead of another game or some soundtrack or such.

My quality purchases from IGS: Weird Worlds, Tower of Guns, Weird Worlds sequel (that's still in EA for $10 on Steam).

My quality purchases from IGS: Weird Worlds, Tower of Guns, Weird Worlds sequel (that's still in EA for $10 on Steam).
Oh yeah, I guess Tower of Guns is another one, so there's been a few for me. I can't keep track of which Weird World games I do or don't own. I know I have some, possibly all but too lazy to look since I haven't touched any of em.

I wish there was a Miss Cleo Magic 8-Ball to predict which IGS games won't get rebundled. I can't ask IGS because they don't know and besides feeling like a douche if I ask the dev, even if they said they wouldn't rebundle and meant it at the time they could change their mind.

If I was an indie dev (seriously, we need more CAGs making shitting +1 games, w/ cards 'natch. What the hell did we all buy RPG Maker for?) I wouldn't want to just bundle in some lesser known obscure site that sells maybe a thousand copies if they are lucky and then never bundle again. So it's a bit much for me to want to hold someone else to that.

Bonus:

"Voted!"

"Voted!

"Voted!"

"No Linux no buy!"

"Voted!"

"Voted!"

"Italian version?"

"Voted!"

"Voted!"

"Voted!"

"This sucx! Therez 2 much cr@p getin in Steam 2day. GTFO"

"Voted!"

"Voted!"

"Voted!"

I have to say that game looks bad. I hate the darkness, the graphics look pretty bad....even reminding me of teleglitch....yuck. Also just looks clunky in the gameplay department. Never been bundled and hope it doesn't again!

So, since everyone was complaining that IGS promoted games almost always eventually get bundled, they decided to go in the opposite direction. I hope you're all happy.

Retro/Grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYxuTIsajg

BTA: Concept Art + Early Builds

I thought it went without saying that they alternate between been bundled and will be bundled. We just ignore the been bundled ones, natch. The real pitfall for us is the 99% will be bundled games because there's been a rare few that for whatever reason never did get bundled again but for the vast majority 

QiPhMVS.jpg

New IGS deal is CoinCrypt. It's a steam game, and looks pretty good.

BTA for Perfection and Sling It

I'm too lazy to fancy up my post like Neuro, so you'll have to wait for him if you want a super fancy version.

The BTA actually might not be too bad, either. Currently $1.32 for Perfection (Steam key + DRM-free) and Sling It (DRM-free).

Interesting play, IGS.

The BTA actually might not be too bad, either. Currently $1.32 for Perfection (Steam key + DRM-free) and Sling It (DRM-free).

Interesting play, IGS.
Yeah, I was missing Perfection so I BTA. I liked Phantasmaburbia so I felt like supporting the dev.

inb4 it's bundled next week.

Interesting but I think I'll pass. :p

Elite Membership

Today we’ve launched a new subscription based service called "IndieGameStand Elite". This membership will provide you each PWYW featured deal right when it goes live delivered to your game wallet every 4 days, keys and BTA bonuses included. You’ll also receive 20% off ALL games in our store, in addition to any discount that may already be active.

We encourage you to check out the full details over at the Elite Membership page - www.IndieGameStand.com/elite

For the non-DRM committal, non-bundle following crowd, the yearly plan isn't completely terribad.

But, yeah...pass.
It's a great deal! Instead of paying $7 for 7 IGS games a month the regular way you can automatically get those same 7 games for ONLY $14 a month!!!

Wait ... wut?!?

OH WAIT!!! The real savings is in the annual plan where instead of buying a whole years worth of games at roughly $7 a month, you can instead get the ANNUAL BULK DISCOUNT RATE SAVINGS of $8.25 a month.

Ok ... maybe I'm not reading this right. :whistle2:k

It's a great deal! Instead of paying $7 for 7 IGS games a month the regular way you can automatically get those same 7 games for ONLY $14 a month!!!

Wait ... wut?!?

OH WAIT!!! The real savings is in the annual plan where instead of buying a whole years worth of games at roughly $7 a month, you can instead get the ANNUAL BULK DISCOUNT RATE SAVINGS of $8.25 a month.

Ok ... maybe I'm not reading this right. :whistle2:k
To be completely fair, you're comparing base Steam-key tier versus BTA. Granted, the BTA is usually worthless on IGS (this coming from a guy who likes GOG extras), and I don't think the average BTA between all their various offerings is even close to the $2 average the $14/month figure assumes, but if you'd buy all BTAs anyway, even if you got in at their lowest points, I'm pretty sure the annual one would save you a little.

I guess if you're into that.

Besides, we all know the real value is that 20% off the IGS store.

bought medications for all of you because I'm an ass you're welcome
fuck that should be memberships damn phone
Also how do you multi quote on mobile without switching to desktop version?

bought medications for all of you because I'm an ass you're welcome
fuck that should be memberships damn phone
Also how do you multi quote on mobile without switching to desktop version?
You quote, select everything, copy, and then go back to the page to quote the next thing, and paste the first quote before it (or after it, if you prefer).

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

It's a pain in the flipping ass.

You quote, select everything, copy, and then go back to the page to quote the next thing, and paste the first quote before it (or after it, if you prefer).

I'm too lazy for that lol cheaPy needs to add multi quote for mobile to appease the hamburger gods
Pic of French fry being mounted by a caterpillar here

I'm too lazy for that lol cheaPy needs to add multi quote for mobile to appease the hamburger gods

If you passed on Ascendant in that $5ish tier in the Humble Brawler bundle it's the featured IGS deal now.

BTA is for mp3s so unless you're Foxhack then you only need to consider spending $1.

I'm tempted but should probably wait for it to end up in some crappy Groupees or Gala.

If you passed on Ascendant in that $5ish tier in the Humble Brawler bundle it's the featured IGS deal now.

BTA is for mp3s so unless you're Foxhack then you only need to consider spending $1.

I'm tempted but should probably wait for it to end up in some crappy Groupees or Gala.
I think Foxhack wouldn't settle for MP3s, he'd want FLAC. So the BTA wouldn't be good enough for him! Maybe Bobby would want it though.

Pretty good deal for IGS, kind of tempted but yeah.. decent chance that this'll end up bundled again.

Oh, hey, that's that game that I thought didn't look nearly as good as everybody else seemed to think during that Humble Bundle.

I'll continue to wait for bottom tier/BAB Groupees/Gala or a BS that has other things I want like crappy visual novels.

Oh, hey, that's that game that I thought didn't look nearly as good as everybody else seemed to think during that Humble Bundle.
I think they were trying to justify buying that tier because the only other game in it was Fists of Jesus which is a KISS game so everyone already knew that one would get bundled all to hell and we'd end up saddled with 8 extra copies of it whether we wanted it or not.

I think they were trying to justify buying that tier because the only other game in it was Fists of Jesus which is a KISS game so everyone already knew that one would get bundled all to hell and we'd end up saddled with 8 extra copies of it whether we wanted it or not.
That and Double Dragon was in the $8-tier. Ascendant being $1 on its own makes me feel better about skipping the bundle, but I still wish I'd been able to grab Double Dragon, and that I hadn't been impatient and grabbed Guacamelee 2.0 from Steam directly (through Russians but still) during November.

Meh, two hours left before I Gilby Ascendant. I do want it but I can't shake the nagging feeling it will get bundled again with other games, not in some crazy high tier the next time.

That and Double Dragon was in the $8-tier. Ascendant being $1 on its own makes me feel better about skipping the bundle, but I still wish I'd been able to grab Double Dragon, and that I hadn't been impatient and grabbed Guacamelee 2.0 from Steam directly (through Russians but still) during November.
Looks like my wish came true! Thanks magical IGS thread.

Meh, two hours left before I Gilby Ascendant. I do want it but I can't shake the nagging feeling it will get bundled again with other games, not in some crazy high tier the next time.
Same boat. The dev hasn't even put the game below 50% off on Steam though. Hm.

I made extra sure not to Gilby it. I had no intention of buying it.

If for some reason you don't have Race the Sun, you could do worse than this price and apparently the OST and wallpapers aren't terrible.

But yeah, it's been in 3 Humbles by now, so I think we all have it.

If for some reason you don't have Race the Sun, you could do worse than this price and apparently the OST and wallpapers aren't terrible.

But yeah, it's been in 3 Humbles by now, so I think we all have it.
So it's great if you Gilby'd and are looking to Foxhack?

So it's great if you Gilby'd and are looking to Foxhack?
If you don't yet have Race the Sun it is certainly worth grabbing at this price. You're not even paying a premium here. It was $1 back in a Humble Daily and it was in a BTA tier of a high-BTA HiB.

This is a really nice game to have in your library to actually play, and not just backlog. It's really nice for a short bit of gameplay here and there.

It's a KISS game so anyone thinking of buying this needs to get stabbed with a frozen hotdog since it will shortly be in 18 different bundles with other games and you will end up with multiple copies of it whether you like it or not.

Just no.

I'm not surprised, the dev kind of shot himself in the foot simultaneously releasing Bloop (which a gorillion people had been promised copies of) and the "sequel" Bloop Reloaded.

I realize Bloop had been on Greenlight for a long time and he had time to work on a sequel but I don't know why he didn't work on it a little more and wait to release it, maybe a couple of months later.

I'm not surprised, the dev kind of shot himself in the foot simultaneously releasing Bloop (which a gorillion people had been promised copies of) and the "sequel" Bloop Reloaded.

I realize Bloop had been on Greenlight for a long time and he had time to work on a sequel but I don't know why he didn't work on it a little more and wait to release it, maybe a couple of months later.
Gotta love this thread. Letsmaybe stirring the shit with devs yet again. Someone's got to since I'm (mostly) retired. :p

Asking to get the new version for free if you own the old might seem a bit much at first I guess, but OTOH the dev basically admitted that it was more or less the same game except streamlined and just all around better. Plus KISS putting the damned thing in a $1 deal a month after release kind of makes the whole 'How dare you ask for a $10 game for free' outrage thing a bit of a moot point.

I'm with you though, not really sure why he bothered releasing the old one at all at this point. It just makes the people who bought it feel like they got an older, crappier version. All 6 of them who intentionally bought Bloop by itself outside of a bundle, that is.

Anyway, they both look like some mobile game you buy for 99 cents, play for a few minutes and then give up on when you realize it's just Angry Birds but not as good and not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back