IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
The WFFF dev did give Steam keys already. I got my key from Gamersgate (I got the game there in a really cheap bundle) and I have a spare Groupees key too.

Edit: HA, it's Eschalon Book I, with II and III as BTAs.

Foxhack, on 17 May 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:Foxhack, on 17 May 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:
The WFFF dev did give Steam keys already. I got my key from Gamersgate (I got the game there in a really cheap bundle) and I have a spare Groupees key too.

Edit: HA, it's Eschalon Book I, with II and III as BTAs.
Doh! :wall:

It seemed like a sure thing.

Edit: I guess ITAD isn't perfect. I checked the igbwiki site and it turns out that "Will Fight for Food" was in the Indiefort Championship bundle and one of the Countdown bundles (where I actually picked it up).

Thanks, Foxhack!

The IGS twitter feed just posted a clue:

https://twitter.com/IndieGameStand/status/600483149240500224

In case they delete it, it says "Just realized that $6 gets you 6 games"

So if we take into account that the previous deal had three games, and this one has two, then the next one will consist of only one game with who knows what as a BTA bonus. Music? Dunno.

somethingsomething black&whiteit'sart somethingsomething soundtrackforfoxhackexceptnotFLACsohe'djusthaveitremoved somethingsomething

somethingsomething black&whiteit'sart somethingsomething soundtrackforfoxhackexceptnotFLACsohe'djusthaveitremoved somethingsomething
Hm, it doesn't look terrible.. but I know if I buy it it'll get bundled, and if I don't buy it it won't get bundled. fuck

In for a quarter.

If it gets re-bundled, it wont sting all that much. And in the meantime, I'll have my precious DRM-Free copy (that I'll probably never play).

That actually looks like a great game, kinda like Portal but set in the 1930's before colour TV.

It's a pity I'm too cheap to buy it outside of a bundle.

Link

Hope you all bought Parallax and will buy Standpoint. I'm looking forward to getting some new games in this week's bundles.

Standpoint deal is live. You get Spirit of War if you bta.

EDIT: I had the BTA locked in at $1.02, and also bought Parallax. Someone kill me now before they get bundled. If I die before they get bundled I won't be disappointed!

Man, the music in Standpoint is terrible. I haven't gotten far enough into the game to see if there's more than 1 track, but if there isn't.. ouch. It's bad enough that it gives me a headache if I don't turn it off.

What's really odd is they produced a very good original song for the trailer, which is far superior to the crap in game. Makes no sense to me. Here's the full song in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7aJMRCNU0

So I've been reading that reddit drama unfold and that thread is long, in a weird Reddit branching like 1992 sort of way. Anyhow, the long and the short seems to be that the developer felt he needed to go with a publisher because his game wasn't getting noticed on Greenlight (somehow he never thought to do a bundle DUUUUR) and this whole stuff about not having permission to go on IGS is probably due to some ESL Lost in Translation stuff between the publisher (BulkyPix) and the distributor (Plug In Digital) according to a couple of tweets.

Though why digital games need a distributor is beyond me. It seems like this guy was really clueless about self promotion and rather than trying to, you know, promote he just panicked and added a couple of layers of needless bureaucracy. 

It seems unlikely to get yanked at this point in case anyway was worried and wanted to wait until the last minute.

So I've been reading that reddit drama unfold and that thread is long, in a weird Reddit branching like 1992 sort of way. Anyhow, the long and the short seems to be that the developer felt he needed to go with a publisher because his game wasn't getting noticed on Greenlight (somehow he never thought to do a bundle DUUUUR) and this whole stuff about not having permission to go on IGS is probably due to some ESL Lost in Translation stuff between the publisher (BulkyPix) and the distributor (Plug In Digital) according to a couple of tweets.

Though why digital games need a distributor is beyond me. It seems like this guy was really clueless about self promotion and rather than trying to, you know, promote he just panicked and added a couple of layers of needless bureaucracy.

It seems unlikely to get yanked at this point in case anyway was worried and wanted to wait until the last minute.
Yeah I don't get the point of needing a publisher for an indie game. If you have an AAA game, it totally makes sense to get a publisher.. but most indie publishers do a shit job of advertising anyway, so they're useless. From a PR standpoint I think a publisher is helpful, but that shouldn't be necessary unless you're a total dumbass and don't know how to communicate with your userbase. Many of the most successful indie games don't have a publisher..

Publishers / distributors already have deals set up with stores and vendors, so devs (in theory) wouldn't have to do any of that stuff themselves.

The big problem is these devs are often pretty naive... and don't know the kind of companies they sign up with. Like Topware, who has a habit of screwing over indie devs. Just ask Alkemi and the hell they've gone through just to get their money which they will never see.

While they managed to stop the game from being sold on Steam and pretty much everywhere else thanks to their lawsuit, Topware still sells keys at their own storefront, in clear violation of the ruling against them. Topware won't lose distribution rights until October 2015 at the earliest, so that's almost three years of them not getting any money from their game. Hopefully once that contract expires, the game will be back - and fixed.

Well these sorts of publishers we're talking about (Plug In, KISS etc) aren't Electronic Arts or even Paradox. They're basically some dudes on the internet going 'Hey we can promote your game for you...for a price' and clueless indie devs are all 'I'd buy that for a dollar!' etc.

If the end goal is just getting your game on Steam and having it sell okay then just put it on Greenlight, promote the damned thing, put it in a bundle so people have a vested interest in voting for it, don't make the same old trite shit we've seen a thousand times and don't be an asshole on the forums. Done.

You don't need to pay people for that.

Wow.  That looked awesome.  I'll wait for the Criterion Collection re-release.  

Edit:

After researching this thing, I am somewhat interested.  Just wish the first game was the bonus. 

New deal Card City Nights

PC/Mac/Linux (Steam, DRM-free)

BTA:

Ittle Dew 

I think IndieGameStand knows that scheduling awesome deals is a waste during the Steam summer sale (Shovel Knight could be the deal, and it would still likely sell poorly). At least this sale is multiplatform and has DRM-free as well as Steam.

I agree I beat CCN and feel it's a very decent card game on PC. Will provide a few hours entertainment and has a neat CCG/board game hybrid gameplay. 

New IGS deal is Ironclad Tactics 

Ironclad Tactics is a fast-paced, card-based tactics game set in an alternate history Civil War - with steam-powered military robots! 

Key Features: 
• No microtransactions! Unlock cards by playing the game, not by purchasing them separately. 
• Experience unique gameplay, with rapid, simultaneous turns that blend the precision of tactics and card games with the spontaneity of fast-paced strategy games. 
• Follow the campaign story through a fully-illustrated, character-driven interactive graphic novel. 
• Collect cards as you play through the campaign and build your own decks to crush your foes. 
• Play with your friends in the co-op story campaign or against them in skirmish and nemesis modes. 
• Face off against online challengers in quick-skirmish mode, and unlock special cards when you win. 

BTA for: 

Artbook, Soundtrack, and 2 DLC (Steam, DRM-free)

Nice.

Kind of odd why they wouldn't have just put it at $2 or $3 for the Steam sale though. It's at 50% off $7.49 for base, which isn't even close. And the deluxe (BTA here) is $12.49.

FYI, BTA (1.72 when I bought) gives you a separate Deluxe Edition Upgrade key in addition to the base game key, so it would still be a cheaper way to upgrade than paying the 4.99 on Steam, especially since you could split/sell/trade the base game copy. Not sure if the Humble BTA one was deluxe or not.

EDIT: And I guess deluxe gives you gift copies of SpaceChem + DLC? LOL

Great deal from IGS.  Sort of had my eye on this but not as a separate purchase.  Still $2 is pretty cheap for the game plus the DLC.

Chainsaw Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef8NEL37uIc

BTA: Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oMYKMpOvA4
  • Available platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Steam
  • Featured Charity: Unicef

I don't think the bta has ever been bundled before, and the base game Chainsaw Warrior was only in one IR

New IGS deal is Ironclad Tactics

Ironclad Tactics is a fast-paced, card-based tactics game set in an alternate history Civil War - with steam-powered military robots!

Key Features:
• No microtransactions! Unlock cards by playing the game, not by purchasing them separately.
• Experience unique gameplay, with rapid, simultaneous turns that blend the precision of tactics and card games with the spontaneity of fast-paced strategy games.
• Follow the campaign story through a fully-illustrated, character-driven interactive graphic novel.
• Collect cards as you play through the campaign and build your own decks to crush your foes.
• Play with your friends in the co-op story campaign or against them in skirmish and nemesis modes.
• Face off against online challengers in quick-skirmish mode, and unlock special cards when you win.

BTA for:

Artbook, Soundtrack, and 2 DLC (Steam, DRM-free)
Really?

The week I'm away is when IGS decides to run the first deal I'd want to buy in over a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back