Indigo Prophecy $8 New @ Wal-Mart B&M YMMV

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
So I was leaving the bar tonight when I realized it was the 360 launch so I figured I'd go to Wal-Mart and see what's up. I think the best part of the trip was going to the brand new, stocked up clearance bin!

There were some great deals in there fellas, but this one stood out to me. It's something like 35 bucks PO at EB/GS last I checked. MGS3 was in there also, 14 bucks I think.

Since it's Wal-Mart, YMMV. Also I didn't see this posted anywhere yet (I searched, I promise) so don't flame me if I missed it.

EDIT: I went back to pick up some copies for other CAGs, but I was too late. There was only one copy for each console. However, the PS2 version was marked down to $7.50, and the Xbox version to $8.00.

Yeah, there's no way (it'd be that price at mine). I want this game so bad it's unreal. I rented it and beat it and I love it and want it for my collection. I actually just checked today, still $39.99 here.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, there's no way (it'd be that price at mine). I want this game so bad it's unreal. I rented it and beat it and I love it and want it for my collection. I actually just checked today, still $39.99 here.[/QUOTE]

There's no reason not to own the game of the year.

Thanks for the post, but I do have a question. Does everybody else think, that, in the future, we should post Wal-Mart deals in the regional forums? Just because it seems that most Walmart clearances are YMMV.

PS2 AND Xbox. They had tons of copies. Personally I couldn't afford it myself, even at $15! DDD cleaned me out for at least another month.

my walmart in Jersey sucks. they don't even have the game in stock. and i'm really intrigued by what people are saying

Hmm, the Walmart by me just opened maybe I'll have to check. Not that I haven't bought enough games lately or couldn't get it from Gamefly.

damn! I just left wal mart and didn't look in that stupid bin, hopefully Indigo Prophecy doesn't end up like Beyond Good and Evil, sure it'd be nice to pick it up hella cheap but it would also be nice for it to earn enough for a sequel.

yeah, it was still full price at my local one... the reviews for it sounded like it was an interesting idea for a game. Perhaps it'll be in that giant bin of games at some point later

Not that I would endorse hoarding , but you can eBay these for $20 before shipping. I'm sure there are a few CAGs willing to buy this game for around $20 and a little more for postage.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Not that I would endorse hoarding , but you can eBay these for $20 before shipping. I'm sure there are a few CAGs willing to buy this game for around $20 and a little more for postage.[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

Are you sure that it is 15$?
Because on the walmart page it is still 40$. Or what does YMMV mean?
I just wished it would be thru. ... sniff..
;)

[quote name='the_gloaming']So I was leaving the bar tonight when I realized it was the 360 launch so I figured I'd go to Wal-Mart and see what's up. I think the best part of the trip was going to the brand new, stocked up clearance bin!

There were some great deals in there fellas, but this one stood out to me. It's something like 35 bucks PO at EB/GS last I checked. MGS3 was in there also, 14 bucks I think.

Since it's Wal-Mart, YMMV. Also I didn't see this posted anywhere yet (I searched, I promise) so don't flame me if I missed it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yester']Are you sure that it is 15$?
Because on the walmart page it is still 40$. Or what does YMMV mean?
I just wished it would be thru. ... sniff..
;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's 15. It had the $40 tag on it, and a red tag right above it -- "$15.00." There were about ... oh ... 6 or 7 copies for each console. Btw, YMMV means "Your mileage may vary" which basically means if you find this deal as well, you are lucky.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Not that I would endorse hoarding , but you can eBay these for $20 before shipping. I'm sure there are a few CAGs willing to buy this game for around $20 and a little more for postage.[/quote]

I thought about it, but I didn't even buy myself a copy of the game. I am going to wait a few weeks (I doubt it'll disappear) so I can pay rent, bills, etc. first. I would be more than willing to help some CAG's out but just not right now. =/

If you're a big fan of the game, you might want to wait until the ebay prices drop a bit, since Fahrenheit is essentially the world-wide release of the same game. They just took a few things out for the U.S. release-- supposedly some violence and an extra sex scene. Why, I have no idea.

Of course, for that you need to get it on PC (so it pretty much requires a gamepad) or you need to have a modded system to play different regions. Just want to make you guys aware of that, though.

I found the same thing, my brother found 5 sealed copies of Flatout for cheap like that in a bargain bin in Walmart....

[quote name='Skexis']If you're a big fan of the game, you might want to wait until the ebay prices drop a bit, since Fahrenheit is essentially the world-wide release of the same game. They just took a few things out for the U.S. release-- supposedly some violence and an extra sex scene. Why, I have no idea.

Of course, for that you need to get it on PC (so it pretty much requires a gamepad) or you need to have a modded system to play different regions. Just want to make you guys aware of that, though.[/QUOTE]
Would it be worth going to gogamer and getting the DVD copy of Fahrenheit they are selling? it's ~45. I held off on GC RE4 because of the ps2 release extras and I usually ended up getting my silent hills on PC for the better resolution and being able to save anywhere (which bit me in the arse for SH4). Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks!!

[quote name='usfbchmguy']Would it be worth going to gogamer and getting the DVD copy of Fahrenheit they are selling? it's ~45. I held off on GC RE4 because of the ps2 release extras and I usually ended up getting my silent hills on PC for the better resolution and being able to save anywhere (which bit me in the arse for SH4). Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Honestly, with the models that they use in the game, the higher resolution won't do all that much for you. I personally didn't think the graphics were a very good part of the game. But the art and the coreography, now that's a totally diferent story. The only real recommendation I'd make is to make sure you get a gamepad you're comfortable with before you use the PC version. The keyboard and mouse input don't work very well for the whole "hands-on" aspect of the game.

I'd definitely say it's worth retail price, and I'm always for getting the DVD version over the CD version, so I guess it's really up to you how much you like story-driven games.

Went to 24hour Walmart in Wood Village, OR on Thanksgiving night. Indigo Prophecy was reg price $40. No video game clearance bins, no notable clearance markdowns on any video game stuff.

Not to beat a dead horse with a stick but I just got back in town and checked ... there are 8 copies for Xbox and 7 copies for PS2. I have money now so I can pick them up for anyone who wants to reimburse me.

[quote name='the_gloaming']Not to beat a dead horse with a stick but I just got back in town and checked ... there are 8 copies for Xbox and 7 copies for PS2. I have money now so I can pick them up for anyone who wants to reimburse me.[/QUOTE]

Thats mighty nice of you :)

[quote name='the_gloaming']Not to beat a dead horse with a stick but I just got back in town and checked ... there are 8 copies for Xbox and 7 copies for PS2. I have money now so I can pick them up for anyone who wants to reimburse me.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to be traveling down to Houston anytime soon would ya?

[quote name='lee337']You wouldn't happen to be traveling down to Houston anytime soon would ya?[/QUOTE]

Not until December. I can bring you a copy if you want. If there's any left, that is ... I have gotten a bunch of PM's already.

bread's done
Back