Indigo Prophecy (original Xbox) New, ~$8 shipped at Amazon (3rd party)

nightmare452

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just saw this on Amazon and thought I would post it.

Indigo Prophecy for the original Xbox for $6.99. New and shipped from Amazon from a 3rd Party w/ Prime. If you have Prime, this is a good deal for the game new. Gamestop sells em used for $9.99 on their website and they aren't easy to find from what I can tell. With the release of Heavy Rain, I though some might also want to find this one, similar games.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...l?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=

For information on the game, here is Xbox.com's website link:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/i/indigoprophecy/
Its also sold on XBLM for 1200 points ($15).

Edit: Forgot to add, this game is Backwards Compatible, so it can be played on an Xbox 360.

UPDATE: From three sellers that were selling it at $6.99, at the time of this writing, now only one offers Prime and the price changed to $7.75. Still I good deal I guess.
UPDATE 2/3: Now $8.25 / now $8.53.

UPDATE (2/26/10): Ok, seems the Prime deals are dead, still some sellers are selling it for $7 or $8 something, New, but its different sellers at this point. Trying to keep the thread and title updated as much as possible, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... I already own this or I'd take advantage of this deal.

If you had any doubts as to whether or not Heavy Rain is for you, get this and see... Quantic Dream doesn't make games so much as they make interactive fiction, so this is a good (and cheap) way to test the waters before dropping $55~65 on HR.

IMO it is one of the best games on xbox. It is one of the first to do the movie style gameplay. Kind of a watered down version of heavy rain or earlier version. . But it is awesome. I would jump one it if I didn't have it already. I think it was very under appreciated. I feel like it is a definite must have in your collection.

For people who care: I think the only way you can play the uncensored version of this game is through import (it's called Fahrenheit in Europe). That being said, I think the differences are fairly minor and this is a good deal for, imo, a very good game.

The first half or so is incredible, after that it just gets ridiculous and pretty much turns into the Matrix. Heavy Rain seems to be a much more mature product than what IP turned into. But obviously still worth the $7 just for the beginning.

thanks op after being sucked into Heavy Rain, I wanna give this a try as well, good thing its Backwards Compatible and I can enjoy it on my 360.

I'd forgotten I'd bought a cheap copy at a HWV sale about a year ago and found it the other day. Started playing it recently, and I'll vouch for anything anyone said good about this game. It's fantastic and was years ahead of it's time on the Xbox. I imagine it's a decent collectible too considering there aren't many of them sealed still.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']What kind of game is this? Any good?[/QUOTE]

Interactive movie....
I just bought it off ebay because I heard so much about Heavy Rain. (don't have a PS3 yet) I just wanted to see the previous work from this company. I was totally hooked in the first 10 minutes. I've only played about 2 hours because the GF wants to watch this one.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Good game but if you have a PS3 don't bother wit IP and pick up Heavy Rain. Same developer and style but a much better package.[/QUOTE]

Why not buy IP? IP is still a great game with a great story.

Man, this makes me wish I hadn't just picked up a copy on Goozex. Ah well, not really much of a difference in the end, I guess.

i forget where it was, but my favorite quote about the end of this game goes something along the lines of ....
Grandma = The Internet

regardless, I loved the game and I might even pick up a sealed copy for posterity's sake...

bought this on Steam during the Holiday sale for $4 bucks. It gets super wacky near the end, but had I not bought this, I would have looked at Heavy Rain and laughed instead of purchasing it.

Its a very very good game, and, yes, a great "precursor" to Heavy Rain.

[quote name='ProggleRock']The first half or so is incredible, after that it just gets ridiculous and pretty much turns into the Matrix. Heavy Rain seems to be a much more mature product than what IP turned into. But obviously still worth the $7 just for the beginning.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I would describe it. And I loved the Matrix movies up until Neo used his powers in the real world.

All said, the game is worth a look at that price.

Does anyone know if this game works on the 360? I still have my original Xbox but I think it is on the road to crapping out on me at some point.

*edit* Never mind, I just checked on Wikipedia and it looks like it is on the 360 compatibility list. Also noticed it was on the OP's second link. Duh! Thanks OP! :cool:

There are a number of sellers that have this at or around the same price with shipping for those of you who don't have Prime.

I got a mint PS2 copy off Goozex for 300 points a few months ago. Man the game was so promising but a total disappointment with the crappy plot revelations.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I got a mint PS2 copy off Goozex for 300 points a few months ago. Man the game was so promising but a total disappointment with the crappy plot revelations.[/QUOTE]

Actually, thats a good price on IP on PS2 when compared with the price on Amazon. $150 new, shipped with Prime, hahaha. :cold:

I agree that this title was overlooked, it's just that last stretch that made it feel lacking. Otherwise, it's an awesome game that in glad I bought.

Got one a couple days ago for Xbox, too. Didn't really think it was a deal at the time but I guess with Heavy Rain coming out, people want to check it out.

For some reason the ps2 version seems to be valuable new, but the xbox is hardly worth anything. I bought the ps2 version new from gamestop for like ~$10 off a thread here a while back and still have it sealed. Now I'll just buy this version to play and keep the ps2 sealed.

Solid game even though it unraveled a bit at the end...but it was something different at the time and definitely made me look forward to what the team would do in the future. Now we're finding out...

Terrible game. Obnoxious Simon Says gameplay and some of the worst writing I've seen in a game that takes itself so seriously. I could not believe how universally loved this one was; it felt like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of.

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Terrible game; it felt like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of.[/QUOTE]

I think you're confusing this with every Suda 51 game...

actually, the Quantic Dream games probably fall under that umbrella as well.

It's up to about $8.50 and I forgot to place my order earlier. :(

Yeah, I know it's only $1.50 but the fact that I know I should've had it for $7 a few hours ago irks me.

Hm, I passed on this back when it released, but I was always interested in it. I just beat Heavy Rain for the first time, and thought it was just phenomenal. The level of emotion and story delivered throughout the game is probably unparalleled. Might have to pick up Indigo Prophecy now, though I'm sure it's not as good as Heavy Rain. Thanks OP

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Terrible game. Obnoxious Simon Says gameplay and some of the worst writing I've seen in a game that takes itself so seriously. I could not believe how universally loved this one was; it felt like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of.[/QUOTE]

It also had some of the best writing even seen in a game. And it definitely wasn't universally loved.

The game was good to a certain point. Let's just say as soon as you hear "orange" and "purple", the game takes a turn for the worst.

just picked this up last sunday at game crazy when they had there cheap $2 mvp deal. couldnt believe i saw in a pile of trash sports games.

bread's done
Back