Indoor HDTV antennas

Dante Devil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just purchased a Philips 32 inch ambilight LCD monitor. It has HD integrated so I don't need a set top box to receive local HD programming. I was wondering if there any CAGs out there with indoor HD antennas. What is your experience with these indoor antennas?

Thanks in advance

It's just a regular antenna, like you would use if you didn't have cable/satellite.

My experience with it, is some channels come in great, others I can't keep a signal.

It all depends on where you live. Check www.AntennaWeb.org to see what channels you can get.

Your local RadioShack should work out... I got a $45?, amplified (powered) black thing that looks like the starship enterprise and it goes pretty far...

Indoors ones are fine just make sure it's powered so you'll get a better picture.

As zewone already mentioned, it depends on where you live. Use that site that he linked you to, and it color codes the various channels that are available. Luckily for me, most of my channels are "yellow" which means I can get them in without an antenna (or a simple indoor one) and I do.

I just have a regular antenna that I bought from the Dollar Store for like $5 and I get all the HD channels in my area crystal clear. And I live out in the middle of nowhere.

[quote name='KingDox']I've got this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Terk-HDTVa-Am...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1187836380&sr=8-1

I'm like 5 miles from my closest broadcast tower and it works really well. The only thing I miss out on is my local CBS (ch2) station. That comes in fuzzy, but the only thing I would watch on CBS is Letterman. But for some strange reason I get better reception at night so sometimes Letterman comes in ok.[/QUOTE]

I bought that one after trying about 3-4 other ones the terk one worked the best.

[quote name='VipFREAK']And that means more $$ to shell out right?[/QUOTE]

They're in the $30ish range and up. If you're going to rely on this thing, don't cheap it out with a less-than-$10 non-powered antenna that's a glorified coat hanger.

bread's done
Back