Inetvideo - USED HD-DVD sale, 50+ Free shipping

Good deal for thos who don't mind used, but speaking strictly for myself, I don't trust used HD-DVDs at all. Since there is so much more data stored on the disk the slightest scratch can ruin tons of information on the disk.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, this seems like a bit lame compared to their prior sales on new discs for $5.99 w/o free shipping.[/quote]

This makes me wonder if these discs are actually "used" or if they're simply damaged packaging and they're having to sell them that way. Why else would Apollo 13 be $7.99 new a month ago and $8.99 used now? It doesn't make sense.

However, it's also worth noting that several movies are available in this sale that weren't last time. Goodfellas, The Reaping, and The Departed are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Not much of a deal considering they had these prices for brand new discs along with the free shipping on orders over $50 about a month ago... really weird actually.

As others have said, weird sale, considering what they have done previously. Like other companies, though, they realized there is still some demand for HD-DVDs, so they have backed off from a complete firesale.

Well, they still have some decent (and new) HD-DVD titles for under $10, and the free shipping deal is nice if you can actually find a lot of stuff you want, considering that shipping from them is terrible.

Oh, and for those that don't know, this is a Canadian company. Some of your cases will have English and French writing. If that isn't your thing, check the picture on the product page. You will be able to tell what kind of case you will get, I think. All of the products I got from them were consistent with the product pages, and so were many of those bought by other CAGs.

Whoops...one last thing. A few people, including myself, ended up getting the wrong movies when we ordered during their "clearance" sales. Oddly enough, we got movies that were alphabetically right next to what we ordered. For instance, I ordered The Watcher and got The War. Their customer service is pretty awful, so it might take you awhile to get a replacement, if this happens to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
They actually did...somewhat...fix their shipping rates. Rather than charge a fixed rate for each disc, they increased the price for the first disc and dropped the price for everything after that. It works out a tad bit better than before. Still too high, though, killing some of the better deals.

bread's done
Back