Infamous 2 $44.99 Free Shipping @Buy.com

single player only games tend to drop in price fast. sleeping on such a deal wouldn't hurt as its only going to get cheaper.

i see it being $30 maybe even $20 for some holiday sales this year.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']single player only games tend to drop in price fast. sleeping on such a deal wouldn't hurt as its only going to get cheaper.

i see it being $30 maybe even $20 for some holiday sales this year.[/QUOTE]

Ya most games will do that though.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']single player only games tend to drop in price fast. sleeping on such a deal wouldn't hurt as its only going to get cheaper.

This was an amazing game and a solid follow-up to one of my favorite titles this gen but man do I regret the day one purchase. The trade in value of $11 on Amazon should tell you how fast the price on this game will drop. If you can hold off the price will be real cheap around the holidays.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Don't sleep on this deal, CAG! Well worth it, IMO. Lots of variety in missions, amazing story-telling, and lots of cool powers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, absolutely loving this game: Sucker Punch has really taken the series and polished every aspect of it. One of the best games on the PS3, especially based on fun factor.

Also, the campaign is really long, and there's lot of replay incentive if you want to play with all the powers.

We get it friend... on a long enough timeline every game ends up on sale or in the bargain bin.

Of course this will also be followed closely by the other obligatory post for a new thread:

"I submitted a pricematch to Amazon because..."

On a more positive note, thanks OP! I will probably jump on this as it is $15 off within one week of release with no strings such as shipping or tied to the purchase of another title like Target/BB this week.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']i still have not finished the first.... should I wait? hummm[/QUOTE]

The new one will catch you up but I'd recommend finishing the first before cracking open 2. I just did a infamous playthrough and am wanting to trophy hunt before I get 2, which I figure will drop even lower in price.

[quote name='j0dy77']This was an amazing game and a solid follow-up to one of my favorite titles this gen but man do I regret the day one purchase. The trade in value of $11 on Amazon should tell you how fast the price on this game will drop. If you can hold off the price will be real cheap around the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what trade in value your are looking at, but it's $29.75 on Amazon.

Doesn't hurt that the first game can be your freebie from the "Welcome Back, We Missed You Mister Anderson" Program PSN is currently running. I mean, if you haven't played either title, go get yer freebie, play the crap out of it. By the time you've done that and also enjoyed a few other of your likely backlog, you'll have an inFamous 2 that has a crap load of user missions already available, probably costs $30 or less (the first inFamous's price dropped like a rock due at least partly I imagine to Prototype's release around the same time), and you'll even have a full understanding of the story.

I think perhaps Sony's idea of using the "Welcome Back, Like What I've Done With the Place?" Program to push inFamous 2 by giving away its predecessor may just lead to people playing the first game and waiting for Sony to be hacked again so they can get inFamous 2 for free, too.

Certainly, Sony's first party titles not called Gran Turismo or God of War have a history of tanking in price. Especially single player-only titles. One of these days, a brave publisher will realize how much more money they'd make by just knocking the price down to $40 from Day 1 which would do a lot more to encourage Day 1 sales than any specially skinned weapon model, Doom trampstamp, or free version of a game everyone already has bought during a Steam/Xbox Live/PSN sale for $2.

BUT if you have to have inFamous 2 today and can wait no more for the chance to use the powers of ice or fire combined with lightning against rednecks, hicks, and extremists hellbent on conquering what's left of New Orleans...er... I mean, New Marais, then I guess $45 isn't a horrible price. I just think you're going to see this deal as much as you see Portal 2 on 360/PS3 for $39.99 (PC for $29.99). Typically, K-mart matches the price AFTER rebate but WITHOUT a rebate within a couple of months of a game's release, so... use your imagination. And in six months, conveniently enough, it'll be holiday season. Time of the $20 NFS:HS, $10 Crackdown 2, $8 Alan Wake download, $20 Halo Reach, etc.

It's like limbo. "How low... can they go? HOW LOW... CAN THEY GO?"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blazenumb1']Not sure what trade in value your are looking at, but it's $29.75 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I did notice this after posting. It has been talked about in a few other threads but for some reason Amazon was showing the trade in price at $11 last week, while Gamestop had it for $15. I was really hoping Gamestop would have it around 30 to match with their 50% trade bonus, no such luck.

Glad Amazon upped the price to a reasonable trade in value for a one week old game.

[quote name='j0dy77']I did notice this after posting. It has been talked about in a few other threads but for some reason Amazon was showing the trade in price at $11 last week, while Gamestop had it for $15. I was really hoping Gamestop would have it around 30 to match with their 50% trade bonus, no such luck.

Glad Amazon upped the price to a reasonable trade in value for a one week old game.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's trade-in values are almost always extremely low during a game's launch week, not sure why this is.

[quote name='AwRy108']Amazon's trade-in values are almost always extremely low during a game's launch week, not sure why this is.[/QUOTE]

I think they do that based on demand. They just bumped up la noire trade in value to 37 so just wait a few weeks and it should be up. On topic. This game rocks so far. The visuals are amazing ! Huge jump from part 1 ( which looked good as well ). The gameplay is as great as part 1 and I love the new melee system. Melee attacks were useless in part 1 and the amp weapon changes that. Thanks for changing that problem zeke :)

Good deal, but I already got it for $40 at launch from Kmart. I'm turning the $20 gaming coupon that came with it into a $20 PSN card to buy Outland, Beyond Good and Evil HD, etc. I would have bought em' anyway with my own money, so I2 was $20 off.

Still, appreciate the gesture.

im waiting till it drops. plus i JUST got into infamous 1. its a pretty good game. i love it so far. and this is coming from the person who is always sticking to the same games. i do hope it drops sooner.

[quote name='Schade']We get it friend... on a long enough timeline every game ends up on sale or in the bargain bin.[/QUOTE]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Had to finish that thought.

First is great, is free on psn if you don't own it, and the second looks like the first with multiple improvements. 45 is a terrific price for basically launch if you missed any other kind of credits or deals going on with it. I have to wait because 45 is too much when you have 0 to spend, unfortunately :cry:

[quote name='earvcunanan']Don't sleep on this deal, CAG! Well worth it, IMO. Lots of variety in missions, amazing story-telling, and lots of cool powers.[/QUOTE]

The variety in missions is a nice improvement compared to Infamous 1 (in which all of the side missions were quite repetitive), but none of the missions really stand out or are unique. I had fun with the good powers but most of the evil powers seemed pretty useless to me compared to their good counterparts. I don't think the variety of powers was as balanced as it could've been. Overall, it's a pretty good game and has decent replay value (took me around 3-5 days to platinum). I got it for free from the subway contest, but if I hadn't I would've waited for it to be $30 or less.

thanks for this, I benefited from it last night. I loved the first one and the demo for the 2nd one made it seem like a true sequel. I thought if I might as well get it lets get it close to release day at this good of a discount.

bread's done
Back