Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

[quote name='Homerun17']Can some one help me? The shard on the billboard on the first section...how the hell do you get it?[/QUOTE]

The one in the water? I opened up the mission editor and built a bridge of cars out to it. If you don't want to bother with that you need to progress until you get some of the traversal upgrades.

If it's not the one in the water, just get near it, open up UGC and put together whatever collection of platforms you need to get it in the editor and "test" the mission you built to go up and grab it. Heck, you might even be able to just move the cursor over to the thing and cancel the mission editor to drop Cole right on top of it, but I never bothered to try that.

[quote name='Magus8472']The one in the water? I opened up the mission editor and built a bridge of cars out to it.[/QUOTE]

That is effing awesome.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody else notice how the graphics get REALLY pixelated at times? Some examples are your legs when wire grinding, the disco ball UGC mission and end of the "Stories of the Past" mission. Seems to be happening when there is any amount of action on the screen. This is the first game in which I've noticed the graphics taking HUGE hits in quality during action.[/QUOTE]

Never noticed it. The only notable glitch I experienced only twice was the game freezing when I bought an upgrade. Seemed the game forgets to do an autosave or something. Fortunately, I am able to go to the XMB and exit out the game without the PS3 doing a hard reset with the beeps.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Never noticed it. The only notable glitch I experienced only twice was the game freezing when I bought an upgrade. Seemed the game forgets to do an autosave or something. Fortunately, I am able to go to the XMB and exit out the game without the PS3 doing a hard reset with the beeps.[/QUOTE]

The only freeze I had was during the sucker punch logo upon loading the game. I'm assuming it's a bug with the game though, as my friend's PS3 also froze at the sucker punch logo. Never noticed any pixelation nor had any freezes in actual gameplay. I did notice times where the framerate was very poor for a couple seconds, but that only happened to me twice.

Thanks to those who suggested reloading Infamous 1 save to get the import. Figured it would do it when starting the game ala Bioware but it didn't and then I had to replay the very beginning missions.

[quote name='jacobeid']
That's exactly what I thought. I was thinking no way is Cole gone...and then that last flash of lightning made me think that there was a possibility that he'd be back. Hmmm...

I really, really enjoyed this game. I finished the story as a hero and am going back to finish side missions and find the last 20 blast shards. I think I'm going to platinum this. Hopefully I'll just do my evil playthrough on hard and make it through it because those will be my only trophies left.[/QUOTE]

I just beat the game myself and if you watch closely
the lightning at the very end is in the shape of a question mark. So infamous 3?
Question_we%27re_all_asking.png

Question: Is there a particular dead drop that is difficult to find? I have 28/29. Does anybody know how many dead drops are on the first island? That would help me pinpoint which island to run around because I cannot for the life of me find the last dead drop after running around Gasworks and the Flood City.

As a congratulations to myself, I found 304/305 blast shards on my own. I needed to buy the Shard Locator to find the final shard though.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Question: Is there a particular dead drop that is difficult to find? I have 28/29. Does anybody know how many dead drops are on the first island? That would help me pinpoint which island to run around because I cannot for the life of me find the last dead drop after running around Gasworks and the Flood City.

As a congratulations to myself, I found 304/305 blast shards on my own. I needed to buy the Shard Locator to find the final shard though.[/QUOTE]

Did you look above the first island on the small island that was the starting zone? That is where i found my last dead drop.

Pretty sure I got that one. I saw the weird icon on the map and went to check it out. I am going to run around the first island tonight looking for it. I don't want to worry about any of this stuff on my second, very evil playthough. I even killed the 100 civilians as Hero Cole. lol.

Thanks for the reply though.

I'm enjoying this game a lot, as they've done a great job of designing new powers and upgrade to earn throughout the game. The upgrade to the glide makes it a lot more fun to get around since it's easier to get across gaps between buildings.

Just finished it a few days ago. Really enjoyed it and I don't know about you guys but
that last choice was pretty hard for me! I wound up going for the good choice, as I already had my karma built up all the way on the positive side. Slightly disappointed that this could be the end of Cole, but definitely looking forward to 3 if it is indeed in the works.

Really disappointed with the game. The story wasn't as compelling as the first and you only make one or two significant choices. Besides that, the game is even more repetitive than the first with very annoying enemies that have too much health.

^kind of agree. I was thinking about it yesterday while playing and while the new city is cool, i think the first game's city was just as good (if not better) and the story was better.

The only major improvement in this game are the character models and the characterizations of Zeke and Cole.

Really? I thought this was an improvement of the first in every way. The enemies in the first were even more annoying (they followed you EVERYWHERE with insane accuracy). Empire City was great but it was just grey and it looked the same everywhere you went. *besides the Warren District*

I also enjoyed the story more than the first. Half of the game in the first was just doing random things with no real reason. Still, they ar eboth really fun games, but I think the second is alot better :p

Ugh net weirded out on me, double posted :\

Guess I'll make this post useful and ask if anyone wants to trade something for the Kessler and Reaper skins :p

about 9 more missions left to beat the game. game is pretty awesome. kind of glitchy though had to restart a few missions because the character i was supposed to follow froze in place. kind of annoying how no matter how much good i did before a certain choice you make one bad choice and it sends you towards evil karma. anyone who has done it knows what i'm talking about. don't want to spoil it

[quote name='Foxx']Really? I thought this was an improvement of the first in every way. The enemies in the first were even more annoying (they followed you EVERYWHERE with insane accuracy). Empire City was great but it was just grey and it looked the same everywhere you went. *besides the Warren District*

I also enjoyed the story more than the first. Half of the game in the first was just doing random things with no real reason. Still, they ar eboth really fun games, but I think the second is alot better :p[/QUOTE]

I think it comes down to the decisions not being as involved in this game. I mean, in the last game- you had the option of hording food, killing a bunch of people to make your life easier, etc.

The first time they presented one of those options in the first game- i took pause and was like "damn... it would be a lot easier to fry all these people."

In this game, the only time the really present you with that kind of choice is in passing at the very beginning when you can overcharge the generator.

[quote name='nbballard']I think it comes down to the decisions not being as involved in this game. I mean, in the last game- you had the option of hording food, killing a bunch of people to make your life easier, etc.

The first time they presented one of those options in the first game- i took pause and was like "damn... it would be a lot easier to fry all these people."

In this game, the only time the really present you with that kind of choice is in passing at the very beginning when you can overcharge the generator.[/QUOTE]

There may be fewer choices in inFamous 2, but they have a much bigger impact than the first game's choices had such as (spoilers for both inFamous 1 & 2 good and evil karma)
the ending being COMPLETELY different depending on if you're good or evil. The ending in the first game was more or less the same, and some of the choices had the same results no matter what karma you chose (like if you tried to save Trish).

I don't think a Deux Ex Machina really qualifies as higher quality. There should have been more progression in the middle besides
Nix and Kuo constantly squabbling. None of the other plot elements really added anything. What did Laroche do? He betrayed his daughter and somehow miracouslously became some sort of weird sidekick. It would have been more interesting if he betrayed Cole and co.!

The moral decisions in Infamous seemed to only have a superficial affect on the story as everything's the same with a slight difference depending on whether you were good or evil, so the powers were the only major difference between both paths.

[quote name='0_0']I don't think a Deux Ex Machina really qualifies as higher quality. There should have been more progression in the middle besides
Nix and Kuo constantly squabbling. None of the other plot elements really added anything. What did Laroche do? He betrayed his daughter and somehow miracouslously became some sort of weird sidekick. It would have been more interesting if he betrayed Cole and co.!
[/QUOTE]

He never betray his niece. He just knew the militia were offering sacrifices, he didn't know they were going to use his niece as one.

I do agree though with the story, it needed more... progression and depth but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Just finished playing through good and I enjoyed the game. Id get #3 if it ever happened. I think pretty much everything was improved on but the game was still very repetitive and I found myself getting bored at times. Also I liked that the improvements to weapons in the first one stacked unlike equipping different perks in this one. Now to start a bad game.

EDIT:Oh and in the first one I was 10 shards away from a plat and gave up. shard sense is great but now there is no way of tracking the damn birds and Im missing 3. Im hoping to find them on the next play through.

For those who wished this game would have a fast travel- Hit pause and create a blank user mission.

Use the L triggers to raise the target as high as you can and fly it to wherever you need to go. Then hit "X", and select "Exit". Cole will pop back up wherever you stopped. I used this to get around towards the end of the game when i was getting lazy.

[quote name='nbballard']For those who wished this game would have a fast travel- Hit pause and create a blank user mission.

Use the L triggers to raise the target as high as you can and fly it to wherever you need to go. Then hit "X", and select "Exit". Cole will pop back up wherever you stopped. I used this to get around towards the end of the game when i was getting lazy.[/QUOTE]
Nice thinking there. I will use that if I get bored/lazy once I get the game. I know that I usually tire of traveling in open world type gams after a while and always like the option to fast travel and the like.

[quote name='wrencrest']Nice thinking there. I will use that if I get bored/lazy once I get the game. I know that I usually tire of traveling in open world type gams after a while and always like the option to fast travel and the like.[/QUOTE]
The big issue is that the island is C-Shaped. you can look across the bay and see the place you want to be- there just isn't a good way to get there.

I only really started abusing it towards the end when I was trying to clean out the city and knock out the last 2 or 3 side missions.

In other news, I started my hard evil playthrough last night. Everytime I think about turning it off, I just blow up a car and kill some civilians and go back to what they wanted me to do.

Question: Do the regular side missions lock out if you don't do them by a certain spot in the story? I finished them in my first playthrough as soon as they were available. In this new one I'm thinking of only doing the ones I enjoyed and then picking up some other ones if I need the credits for abilities.

Been playing this pretty extensively for the past week. My buddy let me borrow it. I like both games, but I had just played through Assassins Creed Brotherhood so I didn't bother buying this.

I have to say the good ending (which I will not give spoilers to) really shocked the hell out of me (no pun intended).

Started playing hard about a day or two ago, I just finished the mission "Boom".

I am just playing for the plat now, as I really feel that there is no need to re-experiencing the game as a villain. I like Cole just fine as a hero, and the evil play through always makes me kind of feel like an asshole lol.

@nbballard I don't believe the side missions lock out except the good/evil missions. I do think those do go away, but I could be wrong.

Hey guys, check out our (new) podcast where we reviewed InFamous 2. Comments, suggestions and reactions in regards to the show are welcome :)

Here's the link.

Just got the platinum. I must say that the evil ending was heads and tails better than the good ending, but overall playing through the game twice becomes tedious. There's really very little aside from maybe 5 or 6 good/evil missions that differentiate the two playthroughs.

I would advise anyone going for the platinum to make sure that if they are playing the User Generated missions that they make sure they start on one save and continue through that save; I started on my good save and finished on my evil save and I'm pretty sure I had to do all 25 again for the trophy. It took me about 3 extra hours or so.

Sucker Punch's user created levels blow pretty hard imo.

I thought that most of the UCG stuff was pretty bad. I cant tell you how many people forget to put mission markers in their levels so you end up wondering around with no hope of finding where you are supposed to go. I ended up getting happy when I found a mission like, Walk to Zeke, where you take 5 steps and complete it just so I could get to the trophy faster and never look back at these missions.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']I thought that most of the UCG stuff was pretty bad. I cant tell you how many people forget to put mission markers in their levels so you end up wondering around with no hope of finding where you are supposed to go. I ended up getting happy when I found a mission like, Walk to Zeke, where you take 5 steps and complete it just so I could get to the trophy faster and never look back at these missions.[/QUOTE]
That's hilarious. I hate stupid trophies like that, but the community always finds a way.

[quote name='nbballard']Do you actually have to complete them, or can you abandon the mission after you start it?[/QUOTE]
Have to complete

Does the super voucher from the Hero Edition include the 4 later announced pre-order bonuses - Reaper skin, Sly's Cane caveman club, and samurai sword?

The voucher itself doesn't mention these new bonuses. However, do you still get them when you redeem the voucher code?

I heard conflicting info so I'm not sure anymore.

^ Really? I just redeemed my Super Voucher and I got Grenade, Hook, Kessler, Gold Amp, Classic Cole, and the Soundtrack. With the exception of Classic Cole, that's all the voucher states it unlocks. So where's the reaper skin and the other amp variants? Are they included among these files and simply don't tell you? I guess I'll fire the game up and see if I see them.

Just added Infamous 2 for my recent Queue. It should come this Monday. But while playing Infamous Anarchy, I got a pop-up from the game itself with an official redeem code for PSN. I'm going to redeem it once I get on the PS3 but people said its going to be a Katana. You can get other skins as well by playing Infamous Anarchy.

[quote name='Count']Just added Infamous 2 for my recent Queue. It should come this Monday. But while playing Infamous Anarchy, I got a pop-up from the game itself with an official redeem code for PSN. I'm going to redeem it once I get on the PS3 but people said its going to be a Katana. You can get other skins as well by playing Infamous Anarchy.[/QUOTE]

And here i was thinking all the Anarchy codes i won from subway were useless. I think i'll give it a go then

Got my platinum last night. I thought the Evil playthrough was more dynamic. Mission variety, and the last mission were cooler. It's just like the first one though, the evil decisions just seem uncharacteristic of Cole, even if he's been a jerk the whole time.

playing my evil playthrough on hard for the plat and its really a chore. i just wanna do all the main ones and no side missions besides the ones i need to but i know later on ill be getting my ass kicked.

^It really wasn't that big of a deal- i did the UGC missions, and the evil missions (assassin), and some of the overchage missions. Those are fun and easy. I never hit any difficulty walls.

Nix is a much more useful ally, as she does the whole "shoot these guys thing". I don't remember Kuo doing anything helpful.

Also, the stupid ice pole R2 move was dumb, but nix gives you a shoulder tackle.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Kuo had a whole "shoot these guys" thing too. It automatically froze the enemies.[/QUOTE]
Yea- i think i may not have noticed it as well as I should have since most of the enemies by that point were already white/blue in color.

[quote name='nbballard']Also, the stupid ice pole R2 move was dumb, but nix gives you a shoulder tackle.[/QUOTE]

I loved that move. That and the improved thrusters made traversing the city so much faster and more fun.

[quote name='icedrake523']I loved that move. That and the improved thrusters made traversing the city so much faster and more fun.[/QUOTE]
lol- i just used the UGC menu to travel.

The ice launch was basically a freestanding car jump, right? I guess that's useful. I just didn't explore it's use because I liked to have the car throw move always on in an emergency.

Even on my evil playthrough, I only used the tackle twice. The one where Cole can summon the little monsters was alright- but there was a lot of friendly fire with those things. They could hit you when trying to take out enemies you were fighting, and Cole would lock in on them with his melee and get destroyed by the enemies you were trying to kill.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/16/infamous-2-dlc-festival-of-blood-drowns-psn-in-october/

Hello there PlayStation.Blog readers! Hopefully, all of you inFAMOUS fans have had a chance to play plenty of the UGC missions since our June launch. Here’s a fun fact: Players have spent a total of 451,251 hours – or 51 years – playing those UGC missions. While those missions have kept you entertained, it’s now time for a major DLC announcement.

inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood will be a brand new standalone single player DLC for download via PSN. Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul – and the city – he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring new missions, themed environment settings, plus new characters and enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe. Previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC.

The DLC will swarm PSN in October, in time for Halloween. In the meantime, here is the first piece of high-res art and a new video teaser trailer during Pyre Night in New Marais. Enjoy!

bread's done
Back