inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

Yes, every sandbox game needs a stat screen, especially when you're going to tie achievements/trophies into doing "x" thing so many times.

EDIT: Hmmm, I'm a little confused about the beta. It says it's good on June 3. Does that mean if I enter the code right now, nothing will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='megamanianation']I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm confused. What exactly is the beta code for Uncharted 2 good for? Is it to play a demo of the game before it is released?[/QUOTE]

What the other guy said.

The Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta code is a code to play in the multiplayer beta of Uncharted 2.

:applause:

Have any of you mastered the sticky bombs? I can't seem to get the swing of it. Sometimes they stick to the dudes and sometimes they don't.

Is there a secret technique to it or is it just wonky?

Later in the game various enemies have shields which grenades will bounce off of.

Also, if there's a chain link fence or railing in the way of your throw, the grenade will bounce off that too.

So.. I'm pretty badass, and I'm not even to the third island yet. I'm playing as a good guy. I've got a ton of powerups, including one that causes the railroad tracks to charge me up. I can literally spam shockwaves, grenades, the little electric missles you can shoot.. so much fun

[quote name='pete5883']Did anyone get the Gigawatt code from Gamestop.com? They haven't emailed it, and it wasn't inside my shipment.[/QUOTE]

I did, but I had to email them asking for it to get it. :lol:

I am having a blast running around collecting battery shards and dead drops. I'll get as many of each as I can and I'm sure that along with the XP I gain will help me later in the game. This is the first game I've played that has made me feel like my PS3 purchase was worth while.

there's semi stats/collectible on your save file, if you hit to load or save and select your save file there's a small bit of info, but no time played unfortunately D=

Great game so far....except for the super frustrating "Spy Game" missions. Is there any particular trick to this? I let the guy get ahead of me and it gives me a 10 second countdown timer. I get slightly within range and he sees me.

the combat and exploration are a blast.

[quote name='jalu6']Great game so far....except for the super frustrating "Spy Game" missions. Is there any particular trick to this? I let the guy get ahead of me and it gives me a 10 second countdown timer. I get slightly within range and he sees me.

the combat and exploration are a blast.[/QUOTE]

I just follow the map dot while being on the train tracks or roof tops.

Quick question:

Does the jump ability ever get upgraded in this game, like Hulk Ultimate Destruction or Crackdown?

I think I want this, but scaling buildings became tedious for me in the demo. If the guy can run/jump up buildings I'll definately grab this.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I just follow the map dot while being on the train tracks or roof tops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, stick to the high ground. Works every time.

[quote name='manthing']Does the jump ability ever get upgraded in this game, like Hulk Ultimate Destruction or Crackdown?[/QUOTE]

I've unlocked all but 2 of the powers and his jump-height doesn't seem to be something you can upgrade.

Anyone else experiencing this;

In the demo the sound was great, a nice bass sound from the heartbeat when near death, or a bass thud when hitting the ground after a long jump. The full game however my subwoofer does not turn on. Going back and forth between demo and game it changes with no change to volume or setting, and I can find no audio adjustment settings such as Bass or Treble in the menu.

Ohh..i dont really like the way that if you are no where near a dead drop the grey indicators dont show up at all...

This game needs some co-op action BADLY....jumping around the city tearing shit up with other people would be great...

Post your stats! You can get them by going into load/save game, and highlighting your most recent save.

Rep: Infamous
Completion: 39%
Powers/Upgrades: 37
Districts: 26 of 84
Dead Drops: 20 of 32
Shards: 146 of 350
Stunts: 15 of 21

[quote name='craigbezzle']Post your stats! You can get them by going into load/save game, and highlighting your most recent save.

Rep: Infamous
Completion: 39%
Powers/Upgrades: 37
Districts: 26 of 84
Dead Drops: 20 of 32
Shards: 146 of 350
Stunts: 15 of 21[/QUOTE]

Stats for this game should seriously be 7 pages long....not 7 fucking categories

Agreed. This game has an insane amount of flaws, but it's fun. Seeing Gamespot and IGN giving it a 9 is a bit laughable now that I have gotten 3-4 days worth of gameplay out of it. 7-8ish, definitely.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Agreed. This game has an insane amount of flaws, but it's fun. Seeing Gamespot and IGN giving it a 9 is a bit laughable now that I have gotten 3-4 days worth of gameplay out of it. 7-8ish, definitely.[/QUOTE]

I think it's quite deserving of it's favorable ratings.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Agreed. This game has an insane amount of flaws, but it's fun. Seeing Gamespot and IGN giving it a 9 is a bit laughable now that I have gotten 3-4 days worth of gameplay out of it. 7-8ish, definitely.[/QUOTE]
What are the flaws that you're referring to if you could name a few. I've yet to play the full game but I'd like to know what reviews left out.

[quote name='Scorch']What the other guy said.

The Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta code is a code to play in the multiplayer beta of Uncharted 2.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Okay, more stupid questions. I love Uncharted and can't wait to play the new one, but I don't do any multiplayer gaming. Will this code just let me play the demo by my lonesome?

I've got the code and don't want it to go to waste if it's not something I would use.

[quote name='dipic']What are the flaws that you're referring to if you could name a few. I've yet to play the full game but I'd like to know what reviews left out.[/QUOTE]

Here's some really annoying flaws. I tried to say some nice things too, because while I do think this game is frustrating, it is ultimately fun and something every PS3 owner should play. By no means is it GOTY contender, or a system seller though.

-Enemies who can snipe me with an AK from a mile away. I have the longest range attacks unlocked, and they can hit me from outside my range? With a constant barrage of bullets? WTF?
-Speaking of which, there's way too many enemies sometimes. If I want to just explore the city, kill a couple dudes now and then, and collect for the most part...I should be able to. This game forces you to stop exploring and fight a shit-ton of dudes, getting you off track of where you want to go. When one of the main game concepts is collecting shards/dead drops, it shouldn't be this damn hard.
-I have Cole powered up with the best defense in the game, and sometimes I'll take a barrage of bullets, and be fine, and sometimes it'll take no time at all for me to die. The health system is flawed and inconsistent, IMO, as is the damage indicator.
-Getting up buildings, while fun for the first few hours, boil down to just holding up and mashing X the whole time. It works, but it's not as rewarding as say, Assassin's Creed scaling, in which you really had to strategize somewhat.
-WAY TOO STICKY PLATFORMING CONTROLS! Trying to get every blast shard can be a chore sometimes because they're just in an awkward spot, and the super clingy pipes and such don't allow you to do what you want to do--only what the game THINKS you want to do.
-Somewhat repetitive side missions and a couple repetitive story missions; the sewer scenes were cool the first couple times, but goddamn how many do I have to do?!
-Graphics aren't great, they are solid. Cole's character looks amazing, but everyone else looks terrible. Trish and Zeke, two of the main characters, look like shat. Way too many jaggies, a lot of pop-in. Lighting effects are VERY impressive.
-No sufficient stat screen
-No autosaving
-The game really doesn't make you FEEL like a superhero until about 8 hours in. Which is kind of odd, IMO. I guess it's all how you level yourself, but I really didn't feel powerful at all the first day or so.
-Somewhat buggy, I've been stuck in the floor a few times, and also been able to go through fences sometimes. I've seen AI get stuck as well. I guess it's to be expected of a game this big, but it's still something worth noting.

Just some of the things holding this game from sheer excellence. If I had to put a number on it, RIGHT NOW...I'd give it around an 8. Granted, I'll admit I still have a lot of game to go, and this game could get a lot better...but it could also get a lot worse.

I do have to commend this game for having boss fights, as they are a welcome change to most open-world games, and are a blast in this. I do want to say I loved the Sly Cooper series and was looking forward to this game immensely. Like I said, this game is a blast to play and worthy of your money for sheer content alone (two 25 hours campaigns, sign me up). But it's definitely got its fair share of frustrating flaws.

[quote name='megamanianation']Okay, more stupid questions. I love Uncharted and can't wait to play the new one, but I don't do any multiplayer gaming. Will this code just let me play the demo by my lonesome?

I've got the code and don't want it to go to waste if it's not something I would use.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Multiplayer only, no singleplayer. If you don't want it, could I have it? :lol:

Did anyone get the code for the Home costume from Amazon yet? Does the code come inside the game because my game hasn't reached me yet.

[quote name='jling84']Did anyone get the code for the Home costume from Amazon yet? Does the code come inside the game because my game hasn't reached me yet.[/QUOTE]

They email you, the only code that comes inside that game is the Uncharted 2 beta voucher. Even that's only in specially marked ones too.

some of you werent kidding when you were talking about getting stomped in this game. i dont mind too much since it just means you have to play safer and smarter but i died more times that i was expecting for only playing through 2 missions. cant wait to get through the first play through so i can go through it as a villan.

Man... I think I'm going to have to try get that last stunt trophy in my next play through. That "Up Close and Personal" stunt is much harder to pull off then it should be. It rare to fight more then 4 guys at once. And even when you do they spread out as soon as they notice you.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Man... I think I'm going to have to try get that last stunt trophy in my next play through. That "Up Close and Personal" stunt is much harder to pull off then it should be. It rare to fight more then 4 guys at once. And even when you do they spread out as soon as they notice you.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I fight more than 4 guys at once ALL THE TIME. Like, all the time all the time. Up Close and Personal was oddly enough one of the first stunts I got. The hardest one for me so far is Right Back at Ya, as my shockwave ends up killing them before the grenade/rocket reaches back to them. I've gotten 15 of them so far.

For the "Up Close and Personal" stunt, do it on those crawly-things (sorry, I haven't really been paying attention to the story). They are usually in a big packs and are super-easy to kill.

I have 18 of the stunts. The "Right Back at Ya" one is a pain in the ass. I read somewhere, though, that there are enemies later in the game that have grenade launchers, so that should make it a bit easier.

I've seen the grenade launcher enemies, and also the rocket launcher enemies. Tons of 'em. Still, no luck. I'll get it though, eventually. This is probably the first PS3 game that I've played where I think I can get all the trophies fairly easily.

Does anyone have the "Suspended Sentence" stunt? Been trying for a few minutes with no success.

Oh, and I also think this will be the first PS3 game I get 100%. It's just these last few stunts that will be a pain, and I really don't wanna have to go back and do them all again on my next playthrough, because a few of them I simply got by pure luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigbezzle: You gut that early then. The Guys in the 3rd District are much tougher and scatter when you fight them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Does anyone have the "Suspended Sentence" stunt? Been trying for a few minutes with no success.[/QUOTE]
I got that one accidentally after getting that thunderstorm power. I must have sent some one flying with a explosion and then killed them. But if you are playing the good guy you can easily just find a guy hanging the rooftop and hit him with your shockwave(One of the upgrades makes them float) and then use the thunderstorm. I used that tactic to get a few of the other air stunts.

[quote name='whoknows']Gah, I don't know what to do...

Spoilers of course...this is later in the game...

Do I
Save Trish or the 6 Doctors?
[/QUOTE]
That is actually my favorite Moral choice in the game.
I went with saving the Doctors since I being a good guy.

Edit: Hope no one caught that. I put an S at the end of spoiler...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']That is actually my favorite Moral choice in the game.
I went with saving the Doctors since I being a good guy.

Edit: Hope no one caught that. I put an S at the end of spoiler...[/QUOTE]

I went with the opposite...even though I was being a good guy. I just couldn't go with what you did :lol:

The result storywise is the same either way, right?

[quote name='whoknows']I went with the opposite...even though I was being a good guy. I just couldn't go with what you did :lol:

The result storywise is the same either way, right?
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure how geeky this is but at the moment I had to choose I heard that StarTrek quote in my head.
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." or something like that
And I don't know if it changes the story at all.

Sucker Punch did a great job on this game. One topic that really hasn't been discussed is the complete lack of load times. The game loads right up. Any significant loading is done while the graphic novel plays in the background. Once the game loads up from the system menu, it doesn't load again. Fantastic work.

I was really happy to see that it was sold out tonight at Wal-Mart. Always great to see a new IP do well.

Rep: Hero
Completion: 50%
Powers/Upgrades: 40
Districts: 56 of 84
Dead Drops: 23 of 32
Shards: 213 of 350
Stunts: 13 of 21
Trophies: 26%

Damn, those challenges can be a pain in the ass. Also, I guess you don't have to do them in order since I have performed some other random challenge and had my current challenge I didn't complete change to something else. The one I'm stuck on right now is the one where I have to Shockwave 3 guys off a building simultaneously. I haven't been able to get the bastards to stay together for me to blast them with one shockwave (I have the 2nd level shockwave right now).

Also, does anyone know if you can eventually go back to a previous island? I just unlocked the 2nd island tonight but I thought I would be able to jump from island to island so I didn't finish taking over all of the districts in Neon :cry:. At least I have a save to go back there if I need to.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Here's some really annoying flaws. I tried to say some nice things too, because while I do think this game is frustrating, it is ultimately fun and something every PS3 owner should play. By no means is it GOTY contender, or a system seller though.

-Enemies who can snipe me with an AK from a mile away. I have the longest range attacks unlocked, and they can hit me from outside my range? With a constant barrage of bullets? WTF?
-I have Cole powered up with the best defense in the game, and sometimes I'll take a barrage of bullets, and be fine, and sometimes it'll take no time at all for me to die. The health system is flawed and inconsistent, IMO, as is the damage indicator.
-WAY TOO STICKY PLATFORMING CONTROLS! Trying to get every blast shard can be a chore sometimes because they're just in an awkward spot, and the super clingy pipes and such don't allow you to do what you want to do--only what the game THINKS you want to do.
-Somewhat repetitive side missions and a couple repetitive story missions; the sewer scenes were cool the first couple times, but goddamn how many do I have to do?!
-No autosaving
-Somewhat buggy, I've been stuck in the floor a few times, and also been able to go through fences sometimes. I've seen AI get stuck as well. I guess it's to be expected of a game this big, but it's still something worth noting.

Just some of the things holding this game from sheer excellence. If I had to put a number on it, RIGHT NOW...I'd give it around an 8. Granted, I'll admit I still have a lot of game to go, and this game could get a lot better...but it could also get a lot worse.

I do have to commend this game for having boss fights, as they are a welcome change to most open-world games, and are a blast in this. I do want to say I loved the Sly Cooper series and was looking forward to this game immensely. Like I said, this game is a blast to play and worthy of your money for sheer content alone (two 25 hours campaigns, sign me up). But it's definitely got its fair share of frustrating flaws.[/QUOTE]

Just a few comments on yours

1. There is an auto-save feature. Just go look at the load screen and you'll see that either the latest or 2nd is the "(autosave)" since you may have saved more recently than the auto.
2. I haven't gotten sniped/hit by any enemies that I could not shoot back
3. The damage seems pretty consistent to me. If a bunch of guys are shooting me at the same time I lose health quicker or if I get hit by a blast.
4. I think the sticky platforming is what makes this game work and not just be frustrating as hell.
5. Yeah, I've seen a few people hanging out of stairs and stuff. Been meaning to take some pictures because a few were pretty damn funny looking.

does anyone have that strategy guide that was included with purchases from best buy or bought them separately..? if so were they of have use or mostly basic information that is already on the internet? Thanks

[quote name='jalu6']Great game so far....except for the super frustrating "Spy Game" missions. Is there any particular trick to this? I let the guy get ahead of me and it gives me a 10 second countdown timer. I get slightly within range and he sees me.

the combat and exploration are a blast.[/QUOTE]

I always follow him on the rails until he turns into the alley. Then just stand right at the edge of losing him and just nudge forward until he makes the drop.

Just started - on the map there are yellow !'s with a blue background or a red background. I thought these were good or evil, but they didn't affect my karma at all, and only once did it say "Good side mission completed." What's the story with these?

bread's done
Back