Infamous or Red Faction Guerilla?

Atomslayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have a choice of getting these two games but I can't decide. Enjoyed both demos, both open world games, which one? I would like to know your opinion. I will end up getting both but would like to know which to get first. Thxs!:applause:

Well, if you're getting both, inFamous comes out tomorrow :). Of the two, I'd go with inFamous. I've seen some of the gameplay for Red Faction and I wasn't particularly impressed.

Infamous. I had more fun with it. I'll be picking up Red Faction as well, though, because I have stuff to trade in. But of the two, definitely Infamous.

fuck inFAMOUS. Over-hyped BS. The controls are loose, the powers are lame, and the story doesn't look to be that enticing. I normally don't judge games, but there's really nothing I like about inFAMOUS.

On RF:G though, I absolutely love it and I can't wait for it.

My suggestion, RF:G. There will be multiplayer for it. You'll probably get more playtime out of it with that.

inFAMOUS looks like garbage though.

I'd go with Red Faction. I'm a huge fan of the series, and really have enjoyed the demo. I have yet to see the RF team fail to deliver.

both games look fun as hell and i was impressed with both demos ( especially how every building seemed destructable thats something id like to see in more games) thatd said im getting infamous and will pick up or trade for red faction down the road). finally seems like maybe this gaming lull is falling off.

I enjoyed RF more personally, though I wasn't impressed enough with either of them to get them at release. But RF makes more sense to me anyway since, like advanced said, it has multiplayer, which will extend the life of the game more. Not only that, but I prefer to jump in as early as possible when it comes to games with multiplayer.

[quote name='Atomslayer']I have a choice of getting these two games but I can't decide. Enjoyed both demos, both open world games, which one? I would like to know your opinion. I will end up getting both but would like to know which to get first. Thxs!:applause:[/QUOTE]

I take it since you've been giing a choice of the 2, that your a younger kid who dosent have a job, or a married guys who is extremly whipped, lol. I say go with Infamous and then bust your ass doing extra chores and the such and try to convince your parents to get you RF:G also.

I would go with inFamous for right now, since it's a first-party Sony game which means the price will stay at $60 for a long time (Uncahrted & R&C are good indicators of that). I'm sure that Red Faction will be featured in a sale/have a price drop sometime in the near future.

[quote name='Tyga24']I would go with inFamous for right now, since it's a first-party Sony game which means the price will stay at $60 for a long time (Uncahrted & R&C are good indicators of that). I'm sure that Red Faction will be featured in a sale/have a price drop sometime in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for Truth. Red Faction certainly has some interesting mechanics (largely destructible environments, Ostrich Hammer unlockable, etc) but I think that inFAMOUS was an experience built from the ground up to be a really stellar experience whose single player experience will make up for the lack of multiplayer.

Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Ostrich_Hammer_%5B%5D_(2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I played both and am leaning towards Infamous. The story and presentation look great. The gameplay was a lot of fun. Red Factions controls were a bit choppy IMO. I would have to play more to make a final call on that one.

Red Faction is pure mediocrity, always has been. Pure bargain bin material. Given the lack of rock solid PS3 exclusives, inFAMOUS will ride high in price for a long time kinda like Uncharted has been doing. The price won't go down by much so I'd buy it now. Red Faction, on the other hand, will probably be $30 before summer creeps to an end.

I would give the nod to red faction. To be honest, I was never really interested in either but after playing both demos I'm more swayed to RF. Infamous, despite it's high polish, just feels too... "been there done that". I feel like I've played this game so many times before, and while it probably handles everything better than those other games I'm just not as excited about it as everyone else is.

Red Faction also gave me the same concerns, but the geo-modding really added something fresh and fun. There are so many strategies and tricks you can use by destroying your surroundings. Making quick getaways by sledging through the walls, destroying the enemy's cover(as they likewise do to your own), toppling buildings by taking out their supports, there are some really creative things you can do here. I'm not very confident that the game will work well with the whole "open world" experience, but it was still pretty damn fun. I'm going to rent and go from there on this one.

I already bought Infamous, but I've also got Red Faction reserved (and my fiance has Prototype reserved too). Between the two demos though, I have to say I had more FUN with Red Faction. That's not to say Infamous isn't really good, though. The more I play it, the more I enjoy it.
It took some getting used to, but it's becoming more and more fun the more I go on in it.

I still don't know if it'll keep up with the fun of complete destruction, in RF. Plus the multiplayer seems fun.

bread's done
Back