infamous (PS3) & Red Faction (360) $45 starts 7/19 at Toys R Us

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the flyer in store, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous and red faction will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite cheap enough. I'll wait it out until it goes sub-30. Way too many games as it is and not enough time to play what I have.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not quite cheap enough. I'll wait it out until it goes sub-30. Way too many games as it is and not enough time to play what I have.[/QUOTE]

Second'd. Of course, I just bought Viking and Conan from the B1G1 from Blockbuster, so as long as the games are sub $20 total, I'll still buy them to add to the backlog.

Umm, that's arguably the best game out currently for the system.....I'd say 25% off ain't a bad deal at all....and THIS one is going to STICK up there in price JUST like any of their first tier stuff does.....for a couple of years till it hits greatest hits level. Just look at Drake's Fortune. That is ONLY going to get a drop when the sequel comes out.......

You guys won't buy this game for $40 but you'll buy two shitty $20 games. Amazing.

They should change the name of this site to Cheap Ass Hoarder.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Any confirmation or concrete source in regards to the 15% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

yeah, saw the ad today.

Also :

$90 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 band +$10 gift card
$50 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 guitar +$10 gift card
$44.99 for red fraction
and 15% off for rewards members.

All I can remember off the top of my head but good deals though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys won't buy this game for $40 but you'll buy two shitty $20 games. Amazing.

They should change the name of this site to Cheap Ass Hoarder.[/QUOTE]

Well said, this is easily the best game out there at the moment and these guys won't pay good money for a game that's easily worth it.

[quote name='rdogg1026']I bought inFamous for $37 and I think it is worth every penny![/QUOTE]Of course you do, you only paid $37. :) Nice deal by the way.

[quote name='actripxl']Well said, this is easily the best game out there at the moment and these guys pay money for a game that's easily worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also want to mention that I found inFamous for $37 (SEALED) on eBay as we speak.

[quote name='actripxl']Well said, this is easily the best game out there at the moment and these guys won't pay good money for a game that's easily worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, too; I paid full price for this game and I'd do it again

[quote name='icecola']I agree, too; I paid full price for this game and I'd do it again[/QUOTE]

I know we are here to get a deal but there is a thing as going over board on things. This is an excellent game that should have its developers rewarded for doing an excellent job and not looking for it to drop to $20 because it doesn't sell well. I bet those waiting for this to drop are the same ones that complain that developers are constantly throwing out the same thing yet when a game deserves it support they wait, but buy the next Madden the first day its out.

I got my Best Buy to price match BBY Canada's $30 on this last week. Highly recommended. I rarely justify full price for any game- especially those that will be readily available for quite a while- but this would be an excellent purchase at $45.

I'm only waiting for this to hit $30 because I'm broke, I have about 10 games I still need to play, and there are no multiplayer trophies so there's really no reason not to wait.

I'm not gonna go buy Viking and Timeshift because they're $10 though.

[quote name='qwazelbee']yeah, saw the ad today.

Also :

$90 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 band +$10 gift card
$50 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 guitar +$10 gift card
$44.99 for red fraction
and 15% off for rewards members.

All I can remember off the top of my head but good deals though.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw only the super bundle came with the gift card and that only the Wii guitar bundle was $50 off

[quote name='kart007k']put the price in the thread title and save some time for others.[/QUOTE]

Did you have big plans for the 30 seconds that it took for the page to load?

I really want this game, but i'm waiting for at least half off.

I have so many games (mainly because of this forum) that I need to finish... .hell, that I need to even just open and start, that I feel justified waiting for a really good deal.

This seems like the type of game that will be 30 everywhere in 6 months. By then It might be close to the top of my list in my backlog!

[quote name='bullseye']is ghostbusters on sale next week in the toysrus ad.[/QUOTE]

If you add the 15% discount everything is at a sale price....

Paid $60 for infamous, would pay $60 again, will be anxiously waiting to pay $60 for infamous 2, should they make one.

i have 38 dollar gift card from toysrus, its fro lalst year and i didnt had chance to buy something from them.So games will be almost 40 with 15 percent coupon.sold

15% off $45 = $38.25. Great price and I really want this game, but I am broke as hell so it's a maybe. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Not quite cheap enough. I'll wait it out until it goes sub-30. Way too many games as it is and not enough time to play what I have.[/QUOTE]

way too many games? wat games r u playing summer dont have nothing out

[quote name='Masterkyo']Find it below $20 then call me :)[/QUOTE]

Don't sit by the phone, since I probably won't be calling until 2010, or Black Friday at the very earliest.

[quote name='actripxl']Well said, this is easily the best game out there at the moment and these guys won't pay good money for a game that's easily worth it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately "good money" for video games can also be used for clothing, groceries, bills, etc. I'm sure Infamous is worth the $45 it will be on sale for and it seems like it's even worth $60, but for me, a video game shouldn't be that much. I'm glad there are some developers that are making great video games for this generation of consoles, but there were great developers making Gamecube and Xbox games as well and those games were cheaper. I'm glad there are some people out there than can throw down $60 for the next best thing, but there are a lot of people out there that just can't right now. Also take into consideration the trade value for a new game and you're taking a serious loss just to play something that's "worth it."

That being said, I do hear great things about this game and if I can price match this at Best Buy and bring it down to around $30, I'll bite. Otherwise, I'll just wait for a B2G1 sale at GS and purchase this along with two other games for about $33 a piece. That's my magic number. It doesn't make me a "hoarder," it makes me someone that realizes that he's going to just sell his game back to GS anyway and there's no reason to lose money when I don't have to.

How does the 15% off coupon work? Someone said reward zone members only? I have $20 gift card, so $45 with 15% off and the GC might make it worth while to me.
Although, with B2G1 coming at GS I might want to wait and see if I can find one there.

15% works via the Reward card, which is free, just that the BB's reward card. I believe the 15% discount is temporary promotion, so stacking on Infamous at $45 is not too shabby. But if eBay is selling it at $33 shipped (sealed), it does beat the TRU deal.

As for B2G1 from GS, it's not much of a deal really... $55 used, 2x55=110 and 10% Edge promotion is $11, so roughly $33 a game. This method requires you to get 3 games at $55 and one of them is Infamous (too much work).

Edit, eBay's Infamous price is not $33, it's median price is about $37.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys won't buy this game for $40 but you'll buy two shitty $20 games. Amazing.

Maybe you should have not put it so bluntly, but I honestly agree. I mean $60 is quite a lot of money for a game, but I think Infamous is one of the few games that can deliver for what your money is worth. Ill probably be one of the first to say, that $45 is a good deal and like others said it will take a long time until it drops further. I would be over this like a politician would be over a pile of money for $30, so $45 meets it right in the middle and thats what I consider good and fair. To each their own, not to be rude (or offensive) but sometimes many of you CAGs ask for quite a BIG drop.

Oh, i forgot, watch out for a $10 off $50 coupon card in your snail mails. If you have two games to buy, it's perfect, 15% and $10 off. If not, just grab a $20 PSN card/Wii points/Xbox points cards with a game.

I've learned many many tips from CAG over the years. And honestly, there are a variety of CAGs over here. I hate to say this, but most CAGs do buy crappy games at $10-$20 range and complaint about $30-$45 good games. One of the important lesson i've learned is that, don't buy cheap games just because they're cheap... $1 here, $5 there, next minute, you realize you can actually enjoy a good game at the price of 3 crappy-mediocre games.

[quote name='Vegatron']Next week infamous will be on sale for $44.99 and I'm pretty sure next week they'll be having that 15% coupon in the ad again:D[/QUOTE]

Starting this Sunday, right?

[quote name='rdogg1026']It is $33 on eBay, Sealed and Shipped.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for you; you got lucky. The cheapest it is realistically going for right now is around $40 shipped. For BIN cheapest was $41. I just searched.

+1

Cheapest absolute price does not equal cheapest price for the value.

"Bing - and the game is gone"... I don't know what that means but, bingggg.
151l1259.jpg

Great game and definitely worth every penny at $45.

There really is such a thing as going overboard with being a cheap ass. You guys do realize that if you hold out till every game is $30 bucks that there is not very much incentive for a publisher to invest in these types of games? I'd like there to be more than just Conan and Viking quality games, but apparently that isn't an issue as long as its cheap.

Blah.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Wow that guy also has cheap prices on COD W@W (Sold out), RE5 and KZ2.[/QUOTE]

How can this guy have these games new and for so cheap!!??

bread's done
Back