infamous (PS3) & Red Faction (360) $45 starts 7/19 at Toys R Us

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the flyer in store, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous and red faction will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darth Indy']How can this guy have these games new and for so cheap!!??[/QUOTE]

I just assumed they were hot.

While I agree that it seems like we go nuts over mediocre games as long as it's cheep I think it varies per person. Me Madden 10, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, L4D2 are all first day purchases. Some things I can wait on. Infamous is a game I really want to check out but if I get it for the reasonable price of 45 bucks I know it will sit for like 2 months sealed!!! While I play Madden 10, Valkyria Chronicles , Tiger 10 Wii (sports game of the year) Fallout 3, TF2, L4D. What will inevitably happen is another sale will roll around and it will be cheaper even if just by 5 bucks. I'll be more than happy to jump even at 45 if at least some of my backlog is taken care of. But why let the game depreciate in value on my shelf why not let the retailer take the hit. the main problem with being a CAG is that most of us have stupid backlogs and my mission is to combat that somewhat by completing at least a couple games before buying new ones unless the price is rock bottom. So I do agree we all need to spend a little more on quality on the other had some of us need to break the shrink wrap on the games we own.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Just a heads up, but I believe this ad is for July 19-25, not this coming sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the FYI. I hope this is true b/c I'd like another week to ponder my decision. ;) My backlog is at least 5 games deep right now.

I got in on on eof those copies of Infamous that osmanipo5460 was selling for 34.99 early this morning. Looks like this guy is selling stolen goods......lots of new copies of the same 3 or 4 games.

Hmm looks like I"ll be picking up the game on Sunday then. $44.99 + 15% off and $20 gift card from buying Ghostbusters earlier.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Unfortunately "good money" for video games can also be used for clothing, groceries, bills, etc. I'm sure Infamous is worth the $45 it will be on sale for and it seems like it's even worth $60, but for me, a video game shouldn't be that much. I'm glad there are some developers that are making great video games for this generation of consoles, but there were great developers making Gamecube and Xbox games as well and those games were cheaper. I'm glad there are some people out there than can throw down $60 for the next best thing, but there are a lot of people out there that just can't right now. Also take into consideration the trade value for a new game and you're taking a serious loss just to play something that's "worth it."[/QUOTE]

I hate when people use this argument for the cost of video games. Today's games cost far more money to make than the games of the previous generations. Therefore, they will cost more.

I got lucky a couple weeks ago and got Infamous for $29.99 at Meijer's thanks to their internet ad "misprint". The game is really fun. Hehe...that Meijer also had Ninja Blade mispriced for $19.99 so it was one of the few times I was actually HAPPY to be in Meijer.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']While I agree that it seems like we go nuts over mediocre games as long as it's cheep I think it varies per person. Me Madden 10, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, L4D2 are all first day purchases. Some things I can wait on. Infamous is a game I really want to check out but if I get it for the reasonable price of 45 bucks I know it will sit for like 2 months sealed!!! While I play Madden 10, Valkyria Chronicles , Tiger 10 Wii (sports game of the year) Fallout 3, TF2, L4D. What will inevitably happen is another sale will roll around and it will be cheaper even if just by 5 bucks. I'll be more than happy to jump even at 45 if at least some of my backlog is taken care of. But why let the game depreciate in value on my shelf why not let the retailer take the hit. the main problem with being a CAG is that most of us have stupid backlogs and my mission is to combat that somewhat by completing at least a couple games before buying new ones unless the price is rock bottom. So I do agree we all need to spend a little more on quality on the other had some of us need to break the shrink wrap on the games we own.[/QUOTE]

Well said, I agree with you 100%. inFamous is definitely a game I'd like to check out, and $45 is a reasonable price, but why should I jump on this if I'm not going to play it right away.

As with any product, value is kind of subjective ... for those of us trying to clear out the backlog I have to agree that it's just not worth it.

[quote name='dreamer2050']so is the sale this week or next week.[/QUOTE]

*Looks up at the title of the thread*

*smacks forehead*

*smacks dreamer in the back of the head*

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Just a heads up, but I believe this ad is for July 19-25, not this coming sunday.[/QUOTE]

There is some confusion as to when this ad is really scheduled to run...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']*Looks up at the title of the thread*

*smacks forehead*

*smacks dreamer in the back of the head*[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Justin42']Is the GH:WT price really only 360/Wii (No PS3)? Or was that an oversight?

Will the 15% coupon stack on that?[/QUOTE]

No PS3 is correct (The current price is 169 for PS3 and 189 for Wii/360) and it will stack with the 15% off.

*smacks forehead*

there is some confusion joker about that, i knew from thread title but somebody said it might be next week,whatever will check and find out on sunday

[quote name='Vegatron']Next week infamous will be on sale for $44.99 and I'm pretty sure next week they'll be having that 15% coupon in the ad again:D[/QUOTE]

*smacks forehead*

*smacks you in the back of the head*

[quote name='funsocaltiger']*smacks you in the back of the head*[/QUOTE]

Hahah, the OP saw the ad and stated it was to run next week.

Not sure where the second poster gets his sources, but seeing as the OP gave us all the details, including the 15% off coupon, I'd rely on his information before anyone else.

*smacks funsocaltiger in the back of the head*

Has anyone confirmed that the game being on sale is not considered an "offer" with Toys R Us? In the fine print of those coupons I'm almost sure it says not valid with any other weekly offers. So does Toys R Us consider a sale price an "offer?" If they do that negates the coupon.

[quote name='qwazelbee']yeah, saw the ad today.

Also :

$90 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 band +$10 gift card
$50 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 guitar +$10 gift card
$44.99 for red fraction
and 15% off for rewards members.

All I can remember off the top of my head but good deals though.[/QUOTE]
Damn, looks like I'll be getting inFamous AND Red Faction for < my $40 price mark ... that's gonna be a good week!

[quote name='xbox_mole']Has anyone confirmed that the game being on sale is not considered an "offer" with Toys R Us? In the fine print of those coupons I'm almost sure it says not valid with any other weekly offers. So does Toys R Us consider a sale price an "offer?" If they do that negates the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well according to the coupon I have for this week, it only mentions cannot be used on prior purchases or cash offers...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Well according to the coupon I have for this week, it only mentions cannot be used on prior purchases or cash offers...[/QUOTE]

Cool, I guess they changed the language on them. :)

Yeah, not too shabby. Considering if you use the coupon (and depending on your state's tax), you could walk out with the game for around $40.

When you guys are done with the game. Wanna trade it on goozex. I'm number 58 currently. Which is better than "long wait". But still not here.

Great game and a great deal. Most Sony published games don't get more discounted than this for a while. If you want to wait another year or two be my guest. By then something bigger and better will be out and then what's the point?

I bought mine for $45 and traded it in for ~$35 once I beat it. $10 for a great game is a fantastic deal!

I really don't wanna buy at $45 but I like to support PS3 exclusives, plus I have bought many of them for dirt cheap e.g. Folklore, Buzz, Singstar, F1CE. So having saved over $200 on PS exclusives, I will buy it.

I really don't understand why people feel paying TRU a low price on Infamous translates to taking money from the devs that made the game.

The money doesn't go to the devs that you pay TRU. TRU paid a price for the game (chances are, it's less than what they're charging you still). It's not like the money translates directly to the devs work.

It's all marketing. More copies sold = more money in pocket for the people that made it. If they felt that the product was worth more, they'd of sold it for more. TRU is just passing on a large quantity purchase price.

Then again, I may be totally wrong. I just can't feel bad for getting a good deal from a retailer. If they really didn't feel the deal would profit them in some way, they wouldn't offer it :p

[quote name='Vegatron']Next week infamous will be on sale for $44.99 and I'm pretty sure next week they'll be having that 15% coupon in the ad again:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='qwazelbee']yeah, saw the ad today.

Also :

$90 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 band +$10 gift card
$50 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 guitar +$10 gift card
$44.99 for red fraction
and 15% off for rewards members.

All I can remember off the top of my head but good deals though.[/QUOTE]

ok kind of confused...so the game will be on sale for 45? and there is a coupon for 15% off? AND there is a 15% off for reward's members?

does all of that stack? And where exactly is the coupon? Is it in a newsletter?

[quote name='riddler']ok kind of confused...so the game will be on sale for 45? and there is a coupon for 15% off? AND there is a 15% off for reward's members?

does all of that stack? And where exactly is the coupon? Is it in a newsletter?[/QUOTE]

There is only one coupon and it's only for rwewards members. It's 15% off and wont stack with other rewards offers (such as the cash back coupons you get from them). The $90 off is not rewards members only so it should stack with that. Also, the ad will not be running next week as stated, it's for the 19th to the 25th.

TRU does have price assurance, so if you buy the bundle and it goes on sale within 30 days (it will) you can take your recipt back and get the difference. Just in case they sell out or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwazelbee']There is only one coupon and it's only for rwewards members. It's 15% off and wont stack with other rewards offers (such as the cash back coupons you get from them). The $90 off is not rewards members only so it should stack with that. Also, the ad will not be running next week as stated, it's for the 19th to the 25th.

TRU does have price assurance, so if you buy the bundle and it goes on sale within 30 days (it will) you can take your recipt back and get the difference. Just in case they sell out or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Well according to the 15% coupon I had this week, you cannot use to towards cash or gift offers, so I'm not so sure it would stack with the GHWT deal. Maybe just towards the price, but you wouldn't receive a gc...I'd say YMMV.

I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the in store flyer, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19. Once again I apologize to all CAGs for the mix up

[quote name='Vegatron']I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the in store flyer, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19. Once again I apologize to all CAGs for the mix up[/QUOTE]
Of all the information you gave, having the wrong date is the best thing to mess up on. Thanks for the info, I'll be grabbing this next week fo sho!!!

I didn't see this one posted yet, Red Faction Guerrilla for the 360 will be $44.99 from 7/19-7/25 and there will be a 15% off coupon during this time period as well(for rewards members only)

[quote name='comaknight']so will the coupon need to be clipped, or is it an automatic reduction when they scan the rewards card?[/QUOTE]

No, you will have to bring the coupon in, though I'm sure if you find a nice enough clerk, they might just scan the dozen or so they'll have lying around their register.

bread's done
Back