infamous (PS3) & Red Faction (360) $45 starts 7/19 at Toys R Us

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the flyer in store, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous and red faction will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19

Last edited by a moderator:
Might grab from newegg instead, thanks.
151l1259.jpg

Sorry...but how does this thread deserve a sticky? The Walmart/BB YMMV threads deserve stickys since it would clear up clutter on the boards. But this is barely even a deal....

gamestop is selling it used on 360 for $44.99. use the 20% coupon from this week and get it for $35.99. (even cheaper if you have an edge card). hope this helps.

[quote name='bg2001']Sorry...but how does this thread deserve a sticky? The Walmart/BB YMMV threads deserve stickys since it would clear up clutter on the boards. But this is barely even a deal....[/QUOTE]

It may be $40 at newegg and amazon,but the fact that it's $40 at toysrus is a deal.Some people like myself, have gift cards or even rewards"R"us dollars.I personally have $30 in rewards"R"us dollars that I have to use by the 23rd of this month,so this couldn't have come at a better time.Thanks OP.

does this 15% off count as a "total transaction offer" (excluded in this mighty fine $10 off $50 purchase coupon I have)?

[quote name='Vegatron']I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the in store flyer, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19. Once again I apologize to all CAGs for the mix up[/QUOTE]

Can we use the 15 % off coupon for infamous to bring it lower?

im thinking about infamous but i did not like the demo. I felt the "shooting" was weak and boring. I thought the powers were lame as hell with there really only being lighting gun and bomb as the main weapons. Or are there more unique stuff? How representative was the demo?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys won't buy this game for $40 but you'll buy two shitty $20 games. Amazing.

They should change the name of this site to Cheap Ass Hoarder.[/QUOTE]

Damn right! I find myself considering games that I see for $10. I made that mistake with Haze. Never again. I passed on Fracture for $10. Better to have an Infamous/KZ2/Gears2 at $40 than Haze/Fracture times 4.

[quote name='crackers8199']i wonder if bestbuy will match the 15% coupon as well...[/QUOTE]

Can't you buy it this week at Bestbuy and then get it priced matched next week and an additional 10% off to boot?

Something very shady going on with this ebayer named osmanipo5460. I bought one of his copies of Infamous and it came UPS next day air from buy.com. Other people have left feedback already claiming they never got their games, yet others say they got their games very quick. How are we buying games for cheap off somebody on ebay that are shipping from buy.com? Something fishy.

I get the discussion of why buy 4 crappy $10 games vs. buying one of these @ $40... but I'm still waiting for a drop. My goal is to NOT buy 4 crappy $10 games AND buy Red Faction @ sub-$30! :whistle2:D

You might say I'm not supporting good developers by giving them the money now... but I say I'm supporting the game industry a lot more than the average guy, as a total. Last year I bought 50 games. How many mainstream gamers can say the same???

Couldn't have done it if I had paid $40 a pop... :)

[quote name='Magikarp830']I get the discussion of why buy 4 crappy $10 games vs. buying one of these @ $40... but I'm still waiting for a drop. My goal is to NOT buy 4 crappy $10 games AND buy Red Faction @ sub-$30! :whistle2:D

You might say I'm not supporting good developers by giving them the money now... but I say I'm supporting the game industry a lot more than the average guy, as a total. Last year I bought 50 games. How many mainstream gamers can say the same???

Couldn't have done it if I had paid $40 a pop... :)[/QUOTE]

Why would you feel obligated to support the gaming industry? If it's not worth $45 to you, then don't pay it. Too freaking bad if the gaming industry wants to charge $60 for a new game. With the speed that retailers and online stores are price dropping their games, it's obvious that not everyone is willing to pay as much as the gaming industry is charging for video games.

[quote name='Estebon']Can't you buy it this week at Bestbuy and then get it priced matched next week and an additional 10% off to boot?[/QUOTE]

excellent idea! if they match the price and also match the 15% coupon, that would bring it down to around $36...

...and, it looks like best buy will match the 15% off as well (based on what their website says anyway):

How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate or other promotional offer?
The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price.

[quote name='crackers8199']excellent idea! if they match the price and also match the 15% coupon, that would bring it down to around $36...[/QUOTE]
looks good on paper, but that's talk the talk, if you try walk the walk, BB will not do it... Simply put, too much to match! Are you matching $45? Then adding the 15% off? And top of of that 10% difference? Good luck to get it work :)

I think i'll be getting both Infamous and RF, after $10 off $50 coupon, the total should be around $70 (not including GC).

[quote name='joeboosauce']Damn right! I find myself considering games that I see for $10. I made that mistake with Haze. Never again. I passed on Fracture for $10. Better to have an Infamous/KZ2/Gears2 at $40 than Haze/Fracture times 4.[/QUOTE]

So true... Bought $10 Haze, trade it for $7 (new too, didn't even open it), learned the lesson. That's why i skipped the $10 Eat Lead deal. It's a mediocre game, rental material at best.

I do keep the good games and Infamous and RF sound like something i would keep. $40 for those two as of now is OK deal. $30 would be hot deal, $20 would be a steal, $10? Get real...

Buying used with 20% coupon is another way to do it, but why bother with used if you can get it new for more or less the same price? (i know in some instances, used condition is much like new). For that matter, I almost never consider B2G1 GS sales are that "hot."

[quote name='Magikarp830']I get the discussion of why buy 4 crappy $10 games vs. buying one of these @ $40... but I'm still waiting for a drop. My goal is to NOT buy 4 crappy $10 games AND buy Red Faction @ sub-$30! :whistle2:D

Couldn't have done it if I had paid $40 a pop... :)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I kept more than 50 games I've bought in the last year. So yea, I'd rather buy 3 crappier games at $10 and infamous at $30 than spending $60 on one single game. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

And if you say you want to support game creators, then have you ever bought a used game? If so, you're not really supporting the game creators. I myself don't buy most games at full price except for the rare Atlus/NIS games (I have 90% of their titles, around, and pre-order a good chunk), and games I have to have at launch (Tekken 6 comes to mind), so I don't think I'm being unsupportive. Just that some companies don't need a few more people's support. And it's not like I won't buy Infamous, but with my backlog, I doubt I'll play it till the price drops to $30 anyways, so it's no point not waiting for me. For example, I paid full price for Infinite Undiscovery, and I have not even popped that in once, but I did use the pre-order code, and it dropped to like $40 after a month.

BTW, I'm not trying to criticize or start a fight, I'm just saying there's a reason why some of us want to wait.

[quote name='Serpentor']looks good on paper, but that's talk the talk, if you try walk the walk, BB will not do it... Simply put, too much to match! Are you matching $45? Then adding the 15% off? And top of of that 10% difference? Good luck to get it work :)

I think i'll be getting both Infamous and RF, after $10 off $50 coupon, the total should be around $70 (not including GC).[/QUOTE]

huh? too much to match?

they matched gamestop's $20 price on hawx for me last friday. that's a $40 difference...this is only a $20 difference.

The problem is the 15% is a competitor's coupon which they most likely won't honor-- it's not just an instant 15% off. It'll be super-YMMV like many BB PMs are.

there is also a $20 coupon over at SD for 20% off that came from an email apparently, but it says "20% off Every full priced item storewide"... depending if the CSR would even realized the game is on sale, AND if they bothered to mark the SKU on the game as being on "sale" then it might work. If you are buying the game on Sunday it is worth a shot, the sooner you take it in and get there before they realize something is off, you might be able to get it. In the past they have kinda been lax on this stuff in the computer system.

[quote name='crackers8199']huh? too much to match?

they matched gamestop's $20 price on hawx for me last friday. that's a $40 difference...this is only a $20 difference.[/QUOTE]

No, you misunderstood me... It's not too much to price match, it's just too many "steps" to match. Asking BB to match on $45, they most likely will do it. Asking them to add 15% on top of it, YMMV. Then asking for the 10% difference, another YMMV. I know this won't work in NYC's BB, don't even gonna waste time (the $45 PM will work).

[quote name='Serpentor']No, you misunderstood me... It's not too much to price match, it's just too many "steps" to match. Asking BB to match on $45, they most likely will do it. Asking them to add 15% on top of it, YMMV. Then asking for the 10% difference, another YMMV. I know this won't work in NYC's BB, don't even gonna waste time (the $45 PM will work).[/QUOTE]

if you are wanting the 10% of the difference you will only be able to get it, if you first pay full price @ checkout, then proceed to the CSR desk and tell them you want the 110% pricematch.. I don't have any issues at any best buy's provided I have an ad with me.

I personally have $30 in rewardzone points that I need to spend before august, so I can't do the 110% match. I have to do the regular one since if they decide to just do a "return/rebuy" I might loose my reward zone points. I really am trying to avoid spending any money at bestbuy after this. They gave me real headaches last time I tried to get them to do a pricematch to a TRU gift card offer. I had done it in the past at 2 different NYC area locations before, but at this 1 location in Westchester county, the manager made such a fuss and just REFUSED, even though I had the PRINTED instore price match poilcy that CLEARY stated that they did just what I was trying to do. She said the best she would do is meet the TRU G.C. offer half way, I said no, asked to speak to the corporate office who said she was TOTALLY in the wrong, and she issued me a refund to match the TRU offer, but I had to wait for it to clear.. she also told me that she couldn't force the store manager to give it to me direct. I did however proceed to politely rub it in the face of the store manager before I left. I must have wasted 20-25 minutes of my time, but on day one I got Resident Evil 5 for 45 bucks.

[quote name='Serpentor']^^^ that's why i don't PM anymore, it's only good if the store is not available in your area or the sale items were sold out.[/QUOTE]

i do it strictly for the reward zone points - $10 back on $150 spent on games is worthwhile for me, not to mention i'm a silver member and get 1.25x points and can save them for a big purchase (at this rate i'll be getting somewhere between $200-$300 off my 47" lcd when i finally decide to pick it up. to get all the points and basically get cash back, it's worth it for me to waste a few minutes of my time having them call a different store to do the price match.

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh wait the RF sale is for 360 only?[/QUOTE]

Crap, I just caught that too... oh well, I have to use my $20 Ghost Busters card on something soon; might as well get it for the 360.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']How long does Best Buy give you on something you buy there to do the 110% match or adjustment?[/QUOTE]

within your return period is what the website says: i.e. 30 days (or 45 days for reward zone premier silver members).

[quote name='crackers8199']within your return period is what the website says: i.e. 30 days (or 45 days for reward zone premier silver members).[/QUOTE]

That being said, if you were trying to do the 110% PM, just buy it at the register, and as soon as you are done go straight to the CS desk and ask for 110% PM. Will save you a trip. You aren't doing anything wrong either.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hahah, the OP saw the ad and stated it was to run next week.

Not sure where the second poster gets his sources, but seeing as the OP gave us all the details, including the 15% off coupon, I'd rely on his information before anyone else.

*smacks funsocaltiger in the back of the head*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vegatron']I'm sorry to all CAGs, I read the flyer in store, but overlooked the beginning date. infamous and red faction will still be on sale for $44.99 but not until 7/19 and there will be still a 15% coupon also starting on 7/19[/QUOTE]

*smacks Z(+)DIAC on the back of the head*

Howcome only the 360 version of Red Faction is getting all this lower cost love? I'd kind of prefer to get it on PS3, but a lower price is a lower price.

[quote name='qwazelbee']yeah, saw the ad today.

Also :

$90 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 band +$10 gift card
$50 off guitar hero world tour wii/360 guitar +$10 gift card
$44.99 for red fraction
and 15% off for rewards members.

All I can remember off the top of my head but good deals though.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if the xbox 360 is part of the ad or not because its showing up at full price online were as the WII version shows up at $50.00 online

im all over this tommorow was thinking of going to walmart for this one today but hey i'll wait for tommorow and save

Used the 15% off coupon in conjunction with the Ghostbusters $20 giftcard from awhile to buy InFAMOUS for $20.58. A good deal even though I still have a bit of a backlog of games to go through.

So in order to do the 110% price guarantee I have to purchase it @ $60 first and then do it or can I just go to the CS desk initially and they'll do it right there all in one fell swoop?

yeah i just left toyrsrus myself was thinking of going to bestbuy to get the rz points but went ahead and decided to support toysrus for giving this great game a nice sale and in return i saved 15% by signing up for the rz at toysrus which made the game 38 before taxes awesome deal and in the long run supported the developers by not buying used and saved more than buying used.

Where does everybody get these weekly sales ads for TRU? Everytime I check their website and click the Weekly Ads link, I get a null date error. Regardless, there's never anything there.

[quote name='downgrade']Where does everybody get these weekly sales ads for TRU? Everytime I check their website and click the Weekly Ads link, I get a null date error. Regardless, there's never anything there.[/QUOTE]
well, I imagine most people get the ad from the Sunday newspaper, or do what I did.. get it at the actual TRU store.. mine didn't have any left, so I asked if they happened to have one, took it and went directly back out the door I came in labled entrance... I guess maybe that was why there were no more ads left instore? My TRU routinely sells games when they come out for 5 dollars above MSRP, read: 64.99.. the one in White Plains, NY... the one in Times Square also sells above MSRP.. so screw them. Not all the stores do this though. But competition is good for the consumer. That being said, I won't be spending anymore money at best buy... so I am sticking with used on ebay for the most part.

[quote name='downgrade']Where does everybody get these weekly sales ads for TRU? Everytime I check their website and click the Weekly Ads link, I get a null date error. Regardless, there's never anything there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get the Sunday ad.

has anyone tried yet to get best buy to match the 15% coupon? i'm gonna give it a shot tonight, was wondering if anyone has had any luck...

If anyone is on the fence about Red Faction -- buy it! Just popped it in this morning and played the campaign for a few hours - it's an absolute blast (no pun intended). If I didn't have to go to work, I probably would have played all day.

bread's done
Back