inFAMOUS: Second Son Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4 availiable on Amazon

Looks like less than 600 left at Amazon according to the counter (if it's accurate). Just throwing that out for anyone interested.

It's kind of funny, last week I was driving all over town and scouring the internet for a pre-order on the CE. I was never sucsessful, and now that it's on shelves I think I can wait for a sale price.

It's kind of funny, last week I was driving all over town and scouring the internet for a pre-order on the CE. I was never sucsessful, and now that it's on shelves I think I can wait for a sale price.
Good luck with that pipe dream. Amazon's stock is dropping fast, and it's still sold out everywhere else.

I'm not that concerned. People freaked over the Arkham Origins CE, it was sold out everywhere. But three months later I picked it up for $50.

I'm not that concerned. People freaked over the Arkham Origins CE, it was sold out everywhere. But three months later I picked it up for $50.
That's called a logical fallacy, but ok. If you believed that initially, why did you drive around town trying to get a pre-order in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a lot of CE lately from amazon go out of stock then on release day a bunch pop up again. Most likely failed payments but still interesting.

I'm not even sure i want to pick up my regular copy from gamestop. Reviews have been kinda turdy.
Turdy? The average is like 7 or 8/10 lol.

Either way I'm glad it came back in stock. Somehow my first order got fucked up and shipped to the wrong address, so they just re-ordered it for me to my current address

I'm not even sure i want to pick up my regular copy from gamestop. Reviews have been kinda turdy.
Hey here's a crazy idea. Play the game for yourself and come up with your own review!! And plus if an 80 on metacritic to you is "turdy" then you have some interesting standards.

Dang it, I love beanies, especially red ones, but I just got the Platinum trophy for Infamous 1 (I have a massive backlog...), and I played that every day for about a week, and with part 2 and FOB still to play before this one, I'll probably just take my chances and wait for a 50% off clearance price.

That's called a logical fallacy, but ok. If you believed that initially, why did you drive around town trying to get a pre-order in?
A lot can change in a week. Reviews are out, I've grown a small mountain of a back logged games, and over all I'm just less excited to play the game.

If you did the $20 tradein for $10 promo credit, the Infamous CE qualifies. I just placed my order and the promo automatically applied at checkout. I'm GCU but all the best buys are out of stock so this is as good as it gets.

Again, thanks to the ass-hats over at slickdeals. Someone needs to take that site down...
You piqued my interest and I googled their thread and jeez, they are the type that rifle through your trash for scraps, "*snort**snort*This one could have reselling potential*snort**snort*". Eh, but they can spend their money however they want I suppose...

Hey here's a crazy idea. Play the game for yourself and come up with your own review!! And plus if an 80 on metacritic to you is "turdy" then you have some interesting standards.
No I was too quick to assume based off a couple reviews. I am going to pick it up today.

However I would stand by my comment not to get it right away if the reviews were worse. I'm more of a fan of letting someone else make a $60 mistake. There's always something else to play while waiting for a price drop.

That makes sense. Go ahead and pay $60 for something to figure out if you like it and think it's worth $60. lol
It does make sense. Buy a game if it looks good to you. Don't buy it if it doesn't, not because some critic says he doesn't like it. I go watch movies no matter the score they get because they look good to me and 9 times out of 10 I love the movie.

It does make sense. Buy a game if it looks good to you. Don't buy it if it doesn't, not because some critic says he doesn't like it. I go watch movies no matter the score they get because they look good to me and 9 times out of 10 I love the movie.
If a movie looks good to you, assuming it's based on a trailer or something, that just means the studio marketing has done a good job or you have a very low threshold for what looks good to you. This is information asymmetry at its finest, and has nothing to do with the actual quality of content. In any case, people like you that tend to promote the thought of just "decide 'everything' for yourself" generally don't understand the concept of bad taste or efficiency.

If a movie looks good to you, assuming it's based on a trailer or something, that just means the studio marketing has done a good job or you have a very low threshold for what looks good to you. This is information asymmetry at its finest, and has nothing to do with the actual quality of content. In any case, people like you that tend to promote the thought of just "decide 'everything' for yourself" generally don't understand the concept of bad taste or efficiency.
Lol except what may be bad to you is not bad to everyone else. Here's another crazy idea, everyone thinks differently!!! We are all our own person and enjoy stuff that others may not. Shoot some claim gta to be the best game ever and I hate that game. And just because I don't like it I don't go around saying those who do have bad taste, they just enjoy something I don't.

Anyone who actually pre-order this receive their code yet? Neither my original pre-order nor my replacement order got the code for it..

So many words that say so little. If you need to rely on reviews or scores to dictate what to play or see you might as well start "baaaaahhhing" like a sheep.

Game reviews are like your SAT scores. You may not care for them, but the rest of the world does. And none of you actually think that differently.

You're a notorious flipper and reseller, you're just as bad as they are.
The problem isn't flippers, the problem is the massive size of the community, as well as their weird compulsive buying habits. Those people buy shit, even if it's not something they want, because it's on sale. Even if that sale price is only a sale compared to a marked up MSRP, and not it's everyday price. If even a decent deal pops up on slickdeals, five thousand people will see it in an hour. CAG has plenty of flippers, but again, flippers aren't the problem. They never were. Unless you're telling me the 600+ copies that popped up are all going to pop up on eBay. I highly doubt that.

By the way, I am a flipper, an proud of it. I'm not a slickdeals or CAG style flipper though. Slickdealers buy anything and everything without doing any research whatsoever, while CAGs seem to mostly flip to stores. I flip online, but I research everything I buy first, which is why I've never made a bad flip.

Well, I do flip to get stuff free sometimes (just made some flips to get a free $120 statue from thinkgeek), so there is a bit of a CAG flipper in me, but I mostly flip to pad my bank account.

Game reviews are like your SAT scores. You may not care for them, but the rest of the world does. And none of you actually think that differently.
Baaaaaah...

Yes the above would be true if I could "pay" someone to take my SAT scores for me; and that is essentially what you are reading---paid reviews.

Baaaaahhhhh.

bread's done
Back