[INFO] The (DDD) Deep Discount DVD Sale, What is it?

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Updated information by those who've added below:

1. "DDD", Also known as "Deep Discount DVD" is located here.
Link: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/
Canadian Link: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.ca/

2. They have a sale twice a year, one being this upcoming November. The other being in the Mid June to Mid July Area. When it happens, you'll know. (If you follow CAG enough)

3. The sale is 20% off all DVD's on the site, and they have free shipping.

4. The sale operates via a series of one-time use coupon codes. One code per order, although there usually ends up being about ten or so different codes. So you don't have to worry about getting everything you can think of in that first order.

5. No penalty for splitting up your orders

6. The discount also works on Storage Items (DVD shelves, racks, etc.), and Movie Posters.

It's pretty simple. Basically DDD has some of the lowest prices of anystore on most dvds. Twice a year they take their already low prices and slash em by 20%. Combine that with free shipping and you have some incredible deals.

[quote name='Brian9824']It's pretty simple. Basically DDD has some of the lowest prices of anystore on most dvds. Twice a year they take their already low prices and slash em by 20%. Combine that with free shipping and you have some incredible deals.[/QUOTE]

Yup, especially good deals on the big boxsets and collections.

There seriously needs to be a stickied DDD thread in here. It's gotta be the most frequently asked question ever in this forum!

Anyway the sale operates via a series of one-time use coupon codes. One code per order, although there usually ends up being about ten or so different codes. So you don't have to worry about getting everything you can think of in that first order (and as stated earlier, shipping is free, so there's no penalty for splitting up your orders).

The discount WILL work on out-of-stock items, and in my experience all backordered items ended up being shipped eventually. The discount WILL NOT work on pre-orders, however.

The discount also works on storage items (DVD shelves, racks, etc.), and I think it works on movie posters. It does not work on games, although I've heard that the occasional game has slipped through and had the discount applied (database glitch most likely).

Also note that there is no sales tax in most states, another great thing about this site.

Originally the sales were the 2 weeks before X-Mas and 2 weeks around July 4th. HOWEVER, this year the July 4th sale was the middle of June, so...

Deepdiscountdvd kicks ass... I can't wait for this years sale... I'm gonna buy some many Kurisowa flicks as well as some other sweet flicks.

This should definitely be stickied. People are always asking about the sale. It would be helpful for people to have a one-stop FAQ about the sale.

I would definitely add that the first sale is announced mid to late June, and the second sale is usually in November.

bread's done
Back