INFO UPDATED: MGS Legacy Collection Pre-order price $72 (yet to be confirmed).

Wrong forum or not, Thanks OP! I'm one of the few who hasn't gotten around to buying MGS HD Collection, and have been meaning to so many times. If the games are on discs, I'd buy full price day 1.

Also random thought but I liked the original MGS better than Twin Snakes. Twin was a little over the top and cartoonish style. They also took out or edited some music/sound design such as with Sniper Wolfs death (I actually found the scene funny in Twin Snakes with all the wolves their dancing around her body)

Another MGS collection? At this point what MG fan doesn't own these with the possible exception of the HD collection or if they just bought a PS3. Hideo Kojima is going to end up chafing Snake's nipples with this much milking. Though depending on how nice the box is...

Cant wait for more info on this. Hoping for another collectors edition. artbook or a statue would be awesome. Hopefully everything is on disc and not dlc codes Its definitely gonna be on double layer disc coz of how much space mgs4 took before so for those peeps that are starting having reading problems on their ps3s like myself its a bummer.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Another MGS collection? At this point what MG fan doesn't own these with the possible exception of the HD collection or if they just bought a PS3. Hideo Kojima is going to end up chafing Snake's nipples with this much milking. Though depending on how nice the box is...[/QUOTE]What's to milk? If you're a fan and already own the games, there is no reason for you to get this. This collection is not for the fans, it's for all the people who have never played an MGS game or only a few of them. This is to hook people in who are not fans to buy the next game. It's kind of a hard sell for someone who has never played a MGS game to start at number 5 in a narrative heavy series like this. This collection is to get you up to date, not to "screw over" people who already have all these games.

Great collection for those new to the series.

As someone who already owns all of these games on multiple consoles I have zero interest in this.

[quote name='thegame956']Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.[/QUOTE]

I did not know about it until I saw this thread.

I already have most of these games from their original PS1, PS2, and PSP releases. I don't know if I want to double dip, maybe a collector's edition could sway me.

I'm a huge MGS fan but, even so, I hate this double dipping crap. I'm still playing the HD collection and see no need for this set. I have Twin Snakes for GameCube, negating my desire to ever play MGS1 on the PSone again. And I already have the graphic novel on PSP and VR Missions for the PlayStation.

Freaking lame and disappointing and a big F.U. to anyone who bought the HD Collection. Well, when someone takes a shit on you, you don't oblige them. Konami can suck it. Include MGO with MGS4 and get those servers back online and then -- and only then -- will I buy this...even for triple the asking price. I want my MGO!

[quote name='guardian_owl']I hope that Metal Gear 1 and 2 will be able to be bought piecemeal for those who already purchased the HD collection, if not then fuck them.[/QUOTE]

As per konami's trend in selling mgs collections, i doubt it. Theyll want to milk fans as much as possible.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I hope that Metal Gear 1 and 2 will be able to be bought piecemeal for those who already purchased the HD collection, if not then fuck them.[/QUOTE]

MG1 and MG2 are playable as extras within MGS3 in the pre-existing HD collection.

No way! I just bought Metal Gear VR Missions and first Metal Gear digital graphic novel. I also have Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Wish this was on Vita as well. (Make it Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Volume 2 and then Volume 3 because of space restraints.)

The only thing I look forward to see in this collection is Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel 2: Bande Dessinée in this collection. I don't mind if it is has only Japanese voice with English subtitles.

Edit: I can see Metal Gear 1 and 2 (MSX) with MGS4:Guns of the Patriots in one volume. While MGS (PS1), Peace Walker, VR Missions, and the graphic novels in another volume for the Vita.

I actually wouldn't mind MGS4: GotP on Vita more since I completed it already, maybe play a portable version just to get the trophies.

Edit 2: I can already see my imaginary second volume with the PS1 and PSP games being mostly vouchers with download codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kingcz']Oh seems like someone forgot that MGS Portable Ops exists, it was a great game IMHO.[/QUOTE]

MGS:pO is like Kojima's forgotten son, but I liked it, as well. For its time (2006, damn), it was a pretty impressive portable game. And whatever reason, its trailer, to this day, is still one of my favorite of all-time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']MGS:pO is like Kojima's forgotten son, but I liked it, as well. For its time (2006, damn), it was a pretty impressive portable game. And whatever reason, its trailer, to this day, is still one of my favorite of all-time.[/QUOTE]

Portable Ops wasn't bad at all. No Peace Walker, but a solid effort. If they reworked the control scheme to Peace Walker standards (ie. two analog sticks) and brought it to the PS3 that -- and that alone -- would get me to purchase this Legacy collection.

----

Edit: Okay, I just re-watched Portable Ops' trailer. Hell yeah, that game was pretty epic. It sucks they shut down the online for that too. I would have loved to use two analog sticks and play online with that on my PS3 -- dare I say the online was even better than Peace Walkers Versus OPs? (Granted, PW Co-op is extremely fun, though.)

[quote name='FerDK']Official Japanese Site launched.

39035.metal_gear_solid_the_legacy_collection_oficial.jpg

[/QUOTE]
If anybody can translate japanese or has super vision to read the text on the blurays, are all the games are on disc? I'm guessing disc 2 on the right is MGS4, but I can't tell what disc 1 on the left includes. Footnote 2 on the japanese site says something about Playstation Store, which makes me think some of the contents will be voucher only :(.

[quote name='phoenixlau']If anybody can translate japanese or has super vision to read the text on the blurays, are all the games are on disc? I'm guessing disc 2 on the right is MGS4, but I can't tell what disc 1 on the left includes. Footnote 2 on the japanese site says something about Playstation Store, which makes me think some of the contents will be voucher only :(.[/QUOTE]
From the Konami store:
[Game pieces]
METAL GEAR (* 1)
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SNAKE (* 1)
METAL GEAR SOLID (* 2)
METAL GEAR SOLID INTEGRAL (* 2)
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 HD EDITION
METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION 3
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (* 3)
METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER HD EDITION [visual works] METAL GEAR SOLID BANDE DESSINEE METAL GEAR SOLID 2 BANDE DESSINEE

* 1: (included on MGS3 HD in) MSX2 reprint game Archives, product:
* 2 code inclusion. Download from PS Store.
* 3: Trophy Edition version of the latest.
[Booklet] METAL GEAR SOLID THE LEGACY BOOK

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Edit: Okay, I just re-watched Portable Ops' trailer. Hell yeah, that game was pretty epic.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, yep! And the first half of it is pretty ho-hum, too, but once "Calling to the Night" kicks in, it really gets you excited for the game.

Download vouchers? That sucks! Why cant they just put it all on the disk. Makes it looked like just reprinting the hd collection disk and mgs 4 onto a different bluray label and charging full price again. Might pass preordering then and just wait for better deal

$72 for a non HD verison of MGS 1, games we already own on the HD collection and books. No one reads books. No thx

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Download vouchers? That sucks! Why cant they just put it all on the disk. Makes it looked like just reprinting the hd collection disk and mgs 4 onto a different bluray label and charging full price again. Might pass preordering then and just wait for better deal[/QUOTE]

MSG/VR Missions seem to be the only vouchers, but those are also the smallest games and could easily of fit on the discs. I really hate vouchers for collection games...especially since they expire like with God of War Saga.

Vouchers are probably easier and less costly then re-printing 2 CDs of MGS 1, like they did with the PS2 collection. It's fine by me.

The disc for MGS and VR Misison cost next to nothing. With a voucher I can play it on PS3, PSP, and Vita.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']when I read about this today I immediately thought, "really, konami? again?" then I knew I would probably buy it.[/QUOTE]

Iv been waiting all these years just for this :drool:

bread's done
Back