Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition - $39.99

I was able to sell the game and DLC for over $20. The stick I kept cause it looks cool..but..ugh..it's complete crap compared to every other stick I have. Even the Tekken 6 stick is better.

I was able to sell the game and DLC for over $20. The stick I kept cause it looks cool..but..ugh..it's complete crap compared to every other stick I have. Even the Tekken 6 stick is better.
I received mine yesterday and im inclined to say I like it. Im going to install a stiffer spring and hopefully like it even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine yesterday and im inclined to say I like it. Im going to install a stiffer spring and hopefully like it even more.
My biggest issue with mine are the corners. When I walk back or forward I can rock the joystick up and down and there is a HUGE deadzone. It seems the corners are closer to up and down than they are to left and right. It makes moving/jumping seem really funky. I don't have this problem with my other fightsticks. Let me know if you encounter the same thing.

Other than that big issue with mine the stick is fine, though, I never did figure out how to get the Pulse option with the lights to work.

My biggest issue with mine are the corners. When I walk back or forward I can rock the joystick up and down and there is a HUGE deadzone. It seems the corners are closer to up and down than they are to left and right. It makes moving/jumping seem really funky. I don't have this problem with my other fightsticks. Let me know if you encounter the same thing.

Other than that big issue with mine the stick is fine, though, I never did figure out how to get the Pulse option with the lights to work.
The pulse setting takes effect when a rumble signal is activated. I know what you are saying about the corners, ever so slight dead zone on mine. If I could slap a octo gate on it I would but read you have to mod a lil to go that route.

The pulse setting takes effect when a rumble signal is activated. I know what you are saying about the corners, ever so slight dead zone on mine. If I could slap a octo gate on it I would but read you have to mod a lil to go that route.
The gate is easy to change. Watch the video below

If you just want to hack the existing assembly with JLF parts here's a video of someone doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbrNUpKeF8M

That's just swapping the top of the stick. You can replace the actual components of the lever as well which affects how it actually moves.

The gate is easy to change. Watch the video below
Oh sweet, I was under the impression you would have to replace the microswitch assembly with a sanwa one. Good to know, might have a spare in my parts box. Thanks for the info cagbro!

Oh sweet, I was under the impression you would have to replace the microswitch assembly with a sanwa one. Good to know, might have a spare in my parts box. Thanks for the info cagbro!
Nope, as long as the game fits that's it. The only time you would have to replace the switches would be in you wanted to use some combination of parts that didn't trigger the switches.

Nope, as long as the game fits that's it. The only time you would have to replace the switches would be in you wanted to use some combination of parts that didn't trigger the switches.
I didnt have a spare octo but did find a circle gate that i installed. Replaced the stock spring with 2 seimitsu LS33 springs. Its going to take some getting used to but the feels are about medium now. Its not as tight as I wanted. I guess ill put in a order to focus attack for some assorted extra springs to experiment. That Sanwa 2lb. tension spring should do the trick. While im at it ill snag a octo insert as well. :D

FYI the game in this package is unsealed with no UPC on it so you'll have to trade it or sell online. Even just trading it on either GS or BB trade promos should get you around $20 for the game.

I like how it looks, but I'm a pad player. I have like 4 sticks and never use them.

Damn it, its tempting. But might as well save for Castlevania LoS2.

The stick is so bad.  Buttons are unresponsive and get stuck sometimes.  When I have some time, i'll swap out the buttons so I can check if the stock stick is any good.

I'll try to swap the microswitches on the buttons after this quarter is over.  The "Pulse" feature did not work on my stick, but maybe it was the game I was playing (No Rumble).

Goint to get some templates printed out so I can change the button layout to a TE set up, sheet metal yeay!

This summer is going to be fun.

Still on the fence, but I only have 3 fighting games, MK, Injustice Ultimate, and MVC3.

I am not sure I invest enough time in them for even $20. Plus my wife will be pissed because I got another big accessory like this, I got a couple steering wheels and stuff already.

Any impressions on the stick? I have been looking at fightpads as well.

Still on the fence, but I only have 3 fighting games, MK, Injustice Ultimate, and MVC3.

I am not sure I invest enough time in them for even $20.

Any impressions on the stick? I have been looking at fightpads as well.
It's OK and the price is right. Having spent over $50 for it I would probably have been somewhat unhappy but you can't complain too much for no more than $20-30 if you dump the game. Far from perfect but I'm going to swap the compatible parts from a JLF I'm not using into the stick and see how much that changes things.

Mine just came in the mail today.  Never used a fight stick before, but using a stick for Injustice made it easier to pull off the special moves with multi-directional stick movements.  Looks well built, lighter than I expected.  I like the pulsing light feature, pretty cool.  I just picked up the Injustice Ultimate Edition a few weeks ago, so now to have unload the copy of the game that came with the fight stick it on eBay. 

Got mine, but they sent me a ps3 version.  I swear I ordered 360 version, but order confirmation and emails don't list version.  And now my order history shows ps3 version.  I wonder if they changed some orders since they have more ps3 in stock still?

Got mine, but they sent me a ps3 version. I swear I ordered 360 version, but order confirmation and emails don't list version. And now my order history shows ps3 version. I wonder if they changed some orders since they have more ps3 in stock still?
When I go into the orders and click the order number it goes to an order details and says PS3 at the end of mine.

Now I wouldn't be surprised though. When they had this on sale for like $80 some moons ago when the game just came out I ordered one for PS3 and this is what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Real-Arcade-Pro/dp/B008DDBMSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392866578&sr=8-1&keywords=HORI+Xbox+360+Real+Arcade+Pro+VX+SA+KAI

When I go into the orders and click the order number it goes to an order details and says PS3 at the end of mine.

Now I wouldn't be surprised though. When they had this on sale for like $80 some moons ago when the game just came out I ordered one for PS3 and this is what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Real-Arcade-Pro/dp/B008DDBMSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392866578&sr=8-1&keywords=HORI+Xbox+360+Real+Arcade+Pro+VX+SA+KAI
so basically you got a hori, with premium parts for $80, wow whoever confirmed your order should be fired!

kinda off topic: If anyone wants to get rid of their Injustice, I'm looking for an extra copy, looking to trade?

My PS3 copy arrived this evening and what do you know, the fightstick was DOA. The stick was incredibly loose and mostly unresponsive. I drove immediately to a gamestop to return the item. At least the gentlemen at the store was nice and was just as surprised at the defective state of the stick. He returned it and ordered me another one in store. Too bad I have to wait another 2 weeks for this stick to arrive. First world problems....

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174669/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition-arcade-stick

This thread has some nice feedback, it doesn't look like the sanwa-JLF mount will fit in the injustice stick. Quoted from someone modding the stick

"Actually the mounting holes do not match, and you have to drill to widen those holes for a Sanwa, Seimitsu or Crown stick to fit. I compared the mount holes with both a flat JLF mount plate and several flat Seimitsu flat mount plates the SE, MS, RE and P-40. The VF and SS seimitsu plate will not mount.

I treat the Crown 303-FK as you would the JLF plate and widen holes for mounting. You would want longer screws with washers. See my LS-32 install guide for details.

I can't say if the mount height would be correct, as there little space inside. Do not quote me on this, but from what I can tell, you might be able to swap the Crown 303-FK's mount plate for the stock Qanba plate inside the Injustice stick.

Also if the joystick is not a Seimitsu LS-55, 56, 58, Sanwa JLF or the Qanba Clone you will have to engage in some case cutting of the bottom panel."
here is a nice picture of a mod from some member
UInJaYo.jpg

This thread has some nice feedback, it doesn't look like the sanwa-JLF mount will fit in the injustice stick. Quoted from someone modding the stick
Correct and that's what I was talking about originally about needing to put in some work to do things like that because you actually have to make alterations to the housing. It's basically a JLF clone though so there are compatible parts between the two if you want to improve the feel without going to the lengths required to replace the whole stick.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174669/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition-arcade-stick

"Actually the mounting holes do not match, and you have to drill to widen those holes for a Sanwa, Seimitsu or Crown stick to fit. I compared the mount holes with both a flat JLF mount plate and several flat Seimitsu flat mount plates the SE, MS, RE and P-40. The VF and SS seimitsu plate will not mount.

I treat the Crown 303-FK as you would the JLF plate and widen holes for mounting. You would want longer screws with washers. See my LS-32 install guide for details.

I can't say if the mount height would be correct, as there little space inside. Do not quote me on this, but from what I can tell, you might be able to swap the Crown 303-FK's mount plate for the stock Qanba plate inside the Injustice stick.

Also if the joystick is not a Seimitsu LS-55, 56, 58, Sanwa JLF or the Qanba Clone you will have to engage in some case cutting of the bottom panel."
I'm going to try this weekend or next week, to change the joystick to a Sanwa JFL, and the Sanwa button switches.

This one look interesting, Seimitsu LS-32-1 joystick and Dualmod:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/178547/return-of-justice-darksakul-s-injustice-mod-worklog

FYI if anyone is still looking for this. The store locator was wrong for this and Aliens Colonial Marines.

My local store had both just hanging out on the shelf and online it said they didn't have either one.

Maybe it was a fluke, or maybe the gods smiled upon me today.

EldritchOnRye said:
Simple stuff like that's no big deal but if you want to say swap out the stick for the more popular Sanwa or Seimitsu you're going to be doing some involved modding to make it compatible. It's a solid stick that falls below the TE level Madcatz sticks but above the smaller cheap sticks that most beginners start with.

I'm sure most people that would be buying this won't be going anywhere near that in depth anyway but it's worth mentioning. Like I said I'm getting one of these just because I don't have a PS3 fightstick and it's a world better than anything else that I would consider reasonable.

Some more info on modding it:
That's the thread I created on SRK. For anyone interested in potentially modding it, read the entire first post as it should answer most (if not all) of the basic questions.

CaoPi said:
Yeah thanks for the video, I meant replacing the PCB part in case any directions go bad. Others confirmed that the stick is a Quanba according to SRK forums.
Yup, all of the components are manufactured by Qanba. Even the square gate says, "Qanba" on it.

As of right now, Gamestop's website is sold out so if you can find one locally then I recommend it mainly for the price. If all you want is a decent basic/beginner's stick (or for the casual gamer) then this will work. If you're expecting a top-tier arcade stick (bone stick) then this isn't it however, you can swap out basic parts (buttons, ball-tops & a Sanwa JLF) very easily although you'll be losing the individual LED's unless you're willing to drill a hole in each button.

Got mine, but they sent me a ps3 version. I swear I ordered 360 version, but order confirmation and emails don't list version. And now my order history shows ps3 version. I wonder if they changed some orders since they have more ps3 in stock still?
Same effing thing happened to me!! I returned it to Gamestop B&M thinking I'd just go home and order a 360 version when LO AND BEHOLD - OUT OF **#(@&#& STOCK ONLINE!!

Received mine a few days ago. Have not noticed anything wrong so far (stick has been responsive). Also have not noticed any dead zones. Was able to sell the game for 23 so really happy about the stick so far ( and the price! ). Skullgirls/injustice has been pretty fun on it. I might try doing some modding on it this summer :)

Mine arrived (360 version) but the stick wouldn't work pushed to the left, and only sometimes worked pointing down. Huge disappointment. Took it back to a GS store for a refund. I guess at least I got to use the skin codes before figuring out that the stick was wonky. Bummer.

bread's done
Back