Inmate Sues Atari, Activision, and Take Two

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189425.html

Filed over the last few months by an inmate in South Carolina's Federal Correctional Institution Williamsburg, the hand-written suits seek restraining orders against the publishers. The Federal Bureau of Prisons and FCI Williamsburg are also listed as defendants in the Activision and Take-Two Interactive suits, respectively.

"These video games offends [sic] me and contributed to my identity theft," reads the Activision suit. "These video games promotes [sic] violence and hate and racism in prison. I'm personally offended and scared of my sentence. I'm going to die in prison. I seek a restraining order."

In the Take-Two suit, the inmate claims that he faces "imminent danger from violent inmates who played Grand Theft Auto who will knock me out and take my gold Jesus cross." As for Atari, the prisoner says that the company's games contain sexually explicit material. He also states that he is denied access to games while incarcerated, which amounts to discrimination.

The inmate, Jonathan Lee Riches, has already filed more than 1,500 lawsuits this year against a wide-ranging array of defendants including Washington Capitals left winger Alexander Ovechkin, Alone in the Dark star Christian Slater, St. Patrick's Day, the 9-11 Commission Report, and Star Wars. He is perhaps best known for suing former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for $63 billion after Vick's illegal dog fighting operation was uncovered.

As of press time, none of the publishers had responded to requests for comment. In the interest of disclosure, it is also worth noting that Riches has sued GameSpot parent company CNET Networks, alleging that the organization has been spying on his "legal work" through the computers at FCI Wiliamsburg.
:lol:

Dude - JLR is HILARIOUS! I hope he goes into stand-up or writes for a TV show when he gets out of prison in 2012. Some of the lawsuits he's filed are a riot!

Jonathan%20Lee%20Riches%20Jonathan%20Riches%20Jon%20Lee%20Riches%20Jon%20Riches%20Above%20the%20Law%20blog.jpg

I was always under the impression that *being in fucking prison* promotes hate and violence and racism in prison.

Not like I'm an expert, though.

On March 9, Riches filed a prisoner civil rights suit (2:06-cv-01055-LP) in Philadelphia's U.S. District Court complete with a 57-page defendant list crammed with luminaries both living (President Bush, Grace Jones) and dead (George Orwell, Malcolm X), as well as nonentities like the Magna Carta, www.accuweather.com and Skittles candy (see list below).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

On another note, good on ya' for suing Christian Slater. He's done no good for society since "Pump Up the Volume."

EDIT2: http://news.justia.com/cases/jonathan-lee-riches/

So much awesome. So much awesome.

We need a camera on this guy. Can't MSNBC do a special on him? Someone send him a old crappy camcorder with some tapes, and a SASE. Will someone get his inmate number and the address of his prison in S.C.?

Hell, the guy's gotta entertain himself somehow.

I particularly like these:

"Plaintiff Jonathan Lee Riches sued Defendants Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Maddox Jolie Pitt, Zahara Jolie Pitt, Shiloh Jolie Pitt, and Pax Jolie Pitt. Plaintiff alleged that Defendants Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie kidnapped Madeleine McCann in a major conspiracy plot to adopt her against her will, as part of a secret plot to take, kidnap and adopt a child from each of the 192 world wide countries. Plaintiff stated that he learned about the plot from his pen pal Billy Bob Thorton."

"Plaintiff Jonathan Lee Riches sued Defendants Philip Woolston, Steve Jobs and Apple Computer Inc. alleging sexual harassment with Apple gadgets."

EDIT: After reading more I can't even pick out favorites....

Riches v. Spears et al
October 10, 2007
Plaintiff Jonathan Lee Riches a/k/a "Political Prisoner" alleged that Britney Spears and Kevin Federline a/k/a "K-Fed" were his co-defendants. Plaintiff alleged that CNN featured a documentary called "How to Rob a Bank," in which plaintiff was shown committing identity theft. However, plaintiff contends that the video shows Britney Spears with a gun pointed at his back and forcing him to commit fraud for $2,500 to obtain abortion money for Britney Spears. He further alleged that Britney Spears was the mastermind of his identity theft operation, and gave him Patty Hearst syndrome. He also claimed that he had committed fraud during the years to pay for Britney Spears' plastic surgery, drugs and alcohol.

How the hell do you sue a day of the year? I'm thinking this is just to make people think the guy is crazy.

"Plaintiff claims that he is a four-time Mr. Olympia and is residing in a concentration camp at FCI Williamsburg in South Carolina. He alleges that he ran a 3.38 minute mile around the FCI Williamsburg rec yard and sent his results and urine sample to defendants, but is being discriminated against and is being denied entry to the 2008 Olympics. Plaintiff further alleges that he ran 26.2 miles in 1 hour 58 minutes , but the defendants won't allow him to join the Olympics because he is White. Plaintiff also alleges that defendants forbade him from racing at Churchill Downs and sent Tonya Harding to break his knee caps."

"Plaintiff charges that defendant Theodore John Kaczynski is trying to unabomb his life because plaintiff won't return his manuscript that he received from the Washington Post. Plaintiff also alleges that defendant is rounding up all the Teds in the world to hurt him, including Ted Kennedy, Ted Bundy, Ted Turner, Bill and Ted, Ted Nugent, Teddy Bears, and Teddy Rumpskin."

"Plaintiff also alleged that Italian hitmen made him sign an omerta silence oath, Vision Quest made him travel around the country in horse and buggies like the Amish, and "We Didn't Start the Fire" was in the stingrays head when it killed the croc master Steven Irwin."

He should be suing the creators of mass effect, because when the two lesbians were 'getting it on', it turned on his cellmates who then forced him to engage in freaky homosexual action.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This guy is great! My personal favorite so far:

Plaintiff Jonathan Lee Riches© d/b/a "Lawsuit Sleuth" sued defendants Martha Stewart d/b/a Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., Floyd Landis a/k/a Tour de France Champion, KMART Corporation and E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. Plaintiff alleged that defendants have conspired to have Floyd Landis pedal his bike into the South Fork dam while E.T. uses his magical powers. Plaintiff further alleged that Landis has a state of the art Huffy bike that transforms into a flying missile, which will be used to breach the dam and have a flood of water rush into FCI Williamsburg and flush plaintiff into the Bermuda Triangle.

I think this guy just does this to try to convince them he's crazy so he can get out of prison and into a mental institution, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. If not, then he should be committed when he gets out of jail.

bread's done
Back