Insane Deal Logitech Drive FX wheel and Forza 2

[quote name='linkmon']http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3167611&CatId=3265

AWESOME DEAL!![/quote]

Very good deal. Not sure about the awesomeness...

This isn't the Microsoft steering wheel -- it's the logitech DriveFX (seems to be a typo that deal sites are continuing).

Anyway, it;s $77 at Amazon, sans Forza, of course
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-DriveFX-Axial-Feedback-Wheel/dp/B000GP4FZK

I don't know anything about this wheel compared to the MS wheel... anyone?

I think that this wheel was at my GS for Memo Day sale for about 44 dollars, but this and Forza is pretty hot. Nice find!

I just got the MS wheel which is awesome.

The Logitech wheel is as good as the MS wheel though.....very well built and extremely responsive.......great deal!!!!

Oh and by the way, that wheel was not on sale ever at EB or Gamestop.....they sell it for $89.99

I played the hell out of this wheel @ my buds house......the only reason why I didn't get this deal is that I had Forza on launch day......still tempting!!!

What, may I ask, is the benefit of 900 degree rotation in a steering wheel meant for racing games? I understand that production cars have that kind of wheel movement, but in race cars, you have much more precise steering inputs so you don't need as large of a steering arc. Though it may be more "realistic" when driving the production cars, in a race setting I'd imagine it can be pretty damn tiresome having to turn the wheel that much to make all those turns at such high speeds.

The Logitech wheel isn't real force feedback. It's like the Fanatec wheel for the Xbox--takes vibrations and "translates" them into wheel jerks.

[quote name='linkmon']I just got the MS wheel which is awesome.

The Logitech wheel is as good as the MS wheel though.....very well built and extremely responsive.......great deal!!!!

Oh and by the way, that wheel was not on sale ever at EB or Gamestop.....they sell it for $89.99

I played the hell out of this wheel @ my buds house......the only reason why I didn't get this deal is that I had Forza on launch day......still tempting!!![/QUOTE]

That's a pretty bold statement...

they had one of these used at my local GS for 33$ half off in a bin. I still didnt pick it up. First off its not wireless which means u have to have yer 360 close to the tv which I dont(projector based system)... 2nd it has NO force feedback which forza and a special edition of PGR can use..... Hold off and get the microsoft wheel....

this is the wheel that forza 2 deserves

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-9634...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182478767&sr=8-1

512WJHAPZ0L._AA280_.jpg

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's a pretty bold statement...[/quote]

I own the MS wheel as I stated earlier (which I love) but what I am saying is that for that price, you can't go wrong for that wheel w/ F 2.

Picked up the wheel from the Provantage deal I posted. I had it in two days for $102 shipped.....

Nice deal, although I opted to instead get both items from Amazon as it came out to about the same price as Tiger Direct with shipping. I do have to deal with a Logitech rebate, but I've had good experiences with them, and I get the peace of mind of shopping with Amazon as opposed to TD (and 3x the reward points with my Amazon CC).

Now I just have to decide whether or not to get Dirt... :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']What, may I ask, is the benefit of 900 degree rotation in a steering wheel meant for racing games? I understand that production cars have that kind of wheel movement, but in race cars, you have much more precise steering inputs so you don't need as large of a steering arc. Though it may be more "realistic" when driving the production cars, in a race setting I'd imagine it can be pretty damn tiresome having to turn the wheel that much to make all those turns at such high speeds.[/quote] Exactly. I don't understand why gamers feel they need this 900 degree rotation.

Sure, you may need it for driving perhaps the C class cars or lower but...

In the U or R classes, cars usually have their steering so that you can make a full turn when you are turning your steering wheel half way to the left/right by 90 degrees.

[quote name='cracka222']I was under the impression that only official MS wheel will work on the 360, since when do the Logis work?[/quote]

yea, maybe i was misinformed, but i didn't know the Logitech wheels work with the 360 either.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']What, may I ask, is the benefit of 900 degree rotation in a steering wheel meant for racing games? I understand that production cars have that kind of wheel movement, but in race cars, you have much more precise steering inputs so you don't need as large of a steering arc. Though it may be more "realistic" when driving the production cars, in a race setting I'd imagine it can be pretty damn tiresome having to turn the wheel that much to make all those turns at such high speeds.[/quote]

once you've played a game that supports the full 900 degree arc, it's hard to go back to the regular wheels. regular wheels may work great for arcadey racers, but the 900 degree wheels are awesome with sim style racers. it also makes the games feel more realistic and easier to drive, imo.

the regular wheels feel limited when i can't turn all the way to the right or left and makes it harder to play. if MS offered a choice then that would be great. i would happily pay more for a full 900 degree wheel that is supported on the 360.

[quote name='pun123']I own both wheels and I did buy the Logitech DriveFX at EB for 49.99 on the sale. In my opinion the DriveFX is the better deal and the better wheel.
I wrote a review for those confused on making the purchase, but save your money get the DriveFX.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/286089.aspx[/quote]

very good review and the comparison pic was a nice bonus, hehe

Thanks, also for those wondering yes it is fully compatible with the 360 and works great with Forza 2, PGR 3, and also FORZA 1. SIDE NOTE- I recently heard that M$ finally let out their FF secrets, so we should finally see other companies with FF like the M$ for the 360, that may be the reason that the DriveFX was clearanced (on sale) at EB/GS.:lol:

ok so... pun, would you say the drive fx would still be better than the microsoft wheel even, if they were at the same price? just curious

Well, I paid almost the same for both 49 (EB) DriveFX, and 52 (EBAY) M$, and as I state in my review, I play a lot more with the Logitech because it just feels more like a real wheel and is more fun,and I drive better with it.

[quote name='pun123']Well, I paid almost the same for both 49 (EB) DriveFX, and 52 (EBAY) M$, and as I state in my review, I play a lot more with the Logitech because it just feels more like a real wheel and is more fun,and I drive better with it.[/quote]

Hey man, thanks to your glowing review, I decided to take initiative and check out my local GS to see if they still had this wheel. Luckily, I discovered they had one left, cut 33% due to the GameDays, which reduced the price to $49.99. Between this and my free Forza 2 thanks to yourfree360games.com, I think I just obliterated the TigerDirect deal..lol.

[quote name='Thoren']god DAMN it. I just bought Forza 2 from best buy. This sucks.[/quote]
Well if you still have the bestbuy recipt buy this bundle then return the sealed copy you will get from Tigerdirect to bestbuy.

I picked this wheel up at Eb for $50 the otherday and I like the feel of it. My question to you is why is it so much harder to drive with it that it is my Xbox 360 controller? Is there a secret?

Thanks,

Shawn

[quote name='shill88']I picked this wheel up at Eb for $50 the otherday and I like the feel of it. My question to you is why is it so much harder to drive with it that it is my Xbox 360 controller? Is there a secret?

Thanks,

Shawn[/QUOTE]

I think it's just an adjustment process. I was the same way, and now I can't see myself playing Forza without the wheel. I wish I could get the wheel to work well with DiRT though; no matter how much I play with the settings, it's just so much easier to play with the controller.

[quote name='shill88']I picked this wheel up at Eb for $50 the otherday and I like the feel of it. My question to you is why is it so much harder to drive with it that it is my Xbox 360 controller? Is there a secret?

Thanks,

Shawn[/quote]I'm not using the Logitech, but the MS wheel. It's definitely not as easy as the controller. The steering input is quite nice using the wheel, but I find the gas and brake ranges seem off. Pressing all the way down on the gas feels about the same as 40% down, which makes it tougher to feather the gas since there's so much dead zone. The brakes are even more suspect in that case since about a 70% pressure on it seems to equate to stomping on the LT on the controller. It definitely takes some getting used to.

I tried the following settings mentioned on Forzamotorsport.net forums by "chadherrella" and while I still need to practice they seem the be more to my liking.

to make the steering wheel follow the wheel in the telemetry display exactly:
steering axis deadzone inside=0%
steering axis deadzone outside=100%

to make the brakes and accelerator react as soon as you press on them
brake deadzone inside = 0%
brake deadzone outside=80%

throttle deadzone inside=0%
throttle deadzone outside=75%

hope the settings help you...if not you can always press Y for default values

[quote name='shill88']I tried the following settings mentioned on Forzamotorsport.net forums by "chadherrella" and while I still need to practice they seem the be more to my liking.

to make the steering wheel follow the wheel in the telemetry display exactly:
steering axis deadzone inside=0%
steering axis deadzone outside=100%

to make the brakes and accelerator react as soon as you press on them
brake deadzone inside = 0%
brake deadzone outside=80%

throttle deadzone inside=0%
throttle deadzone outside=75%

hope the settings help you...if not you can always press Y for default values[/quote]

These settings are for the Logitech wheel right? Also, wouldn't it depend on which overall sensitivity (the little black button) you use? Maybe I'm not understanding something, but wouldn't that change how much of a difference these settings make?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']These settings are for the Logitech wheel right? Also, wouldn't it depend on which overall sensitivity (the little black button) you use? Maybe I'm not understanding something, but wouldn't that change how much of a difference these settings make?[/quote]

To be honest I don't know what wheel these settings were meant for but I tried them and I liked them a lot better than default. I believe that the black button would also make a difference but anything other than default setting is too sensitive for me no matter what settings I'm using in Forza.

Shawn

[quote name='n8rockerasu']These settings are for the Logitech wheel right? Also, wouldn't it depend on which overall sensitivity (the little black button) you use? Maybe I'm not understanding something, but wouldn't that change how much of a difference these settings make?[/quote]Just checked the original post in the Forza forums and these settings are for the MS wheel.

[quote name='shill88']To be honest I don't know what wheel these settings were meant for but I tried them and I liked them a lot better than default. I believe that the black button would also make a difference but anything other than default setting is too sensitive for me no matter what settings I'm using in Forza.

Shawn[/quote]

Really? I thought the default was the most sensitive? Maybe I just played with the button before I even tried driving. IIRC, the slower the lights flash, the more sensitive it is (even though that seems backward..lol). I tried all of them numerous times before I decided on the 2nd one (2nd slowest). Maybe I'll give these settings a try to see if I can tweak it any better. Thanks for sharing them.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just checked the original post in the Forza forums and these settings are for the MS wheel.[/quote]

See...I could have done that, but :drool:

bread's done
Back