Insignia TVs anygood?

ighosty

CAGiversary!
This Insignia TV went on sale at Best buy, its a 26" LCD for $380. The reviews have been pretty good and the set looked pretty good, but do any CAGs have this set or any Insignia TV. Are they good sets? Any inputs on this company are welcomed.

Insignia is a Best Buy brand of electronics. Its not sold in any other stores.

I never bought an Insignia TV but I bought an Insignia portable CD player and that was a piece of shit. My feeling is ....if they fucked up a simple thing like a CD player...I can't imagine what they will do with a TV.

Yeah Insignia electronics arent so great if you looking for a nice LCD TV and/or plasma TV, Vizio TVs are nice and my college friends swear by the quality. If your curious I would recommend you to look at this site: http://www.vizio.com/products/ . I think they sell Vizio TVs at Sears, K-mart, BJ's, Sam's Club, Costco and Dell if you don't want to order from their site.

Well last Xmas I purchased my daughter a Insignia Tv/DVD combo and roughly a year later it is still running great and has a good picture and this is a regular SDTV... My brother works for Bestbuy and he said they have very few returns on those TV's and the main return is people basically returning them due to them being generic and are uncertain about the quality...

He has a 32" LCD Insignia and he said for the price and what the TV puts out it was a steal. His is 2 years old with no problems what so ever.

i have the 32" insignia HDTV LCD 720p i got almost exactly a year ago and i have to say i have no complaints. It cost me $600 at the time

A co-worker of mine was thinking about picking up an Insignia on black friday and was telling me that LG makes the TVs for them. I did a quick search and found that to be the case for atleast some of them, but I'm not sure if that pertains to all of their prodocts.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']A co-worker of mine was thinking about picking up an Insignia on black friday and was telling me that LG makes the TVs for them. I did a quick search and found that to be the case for atleast some of them, but I'm not sure if that pertains to all of their prodocts.[/quote]

Yes, I remember being told this when I got mine, they said all screens are LG or Samsung (same company either way).

I got an Insignia SDTV back in January/early February and I must say I love it. The only things I do not like is that it takes a few seconds for the channel to change whether you enter the number or hit the recall/previous channel button. My VCR(s) are pretty much instantaneous when it comes to channel changines so I needed to get used to this (and I have now) It just took a while. I also had to tweak the settings after a bit so that my picture looked better but that is a general thing that most people should do anyway.

[quote name='Deku']i have the 32" insignia HDTV LCD 720p i got almost exactly a year ago and i have to say i have no complaints. It cost me $600 at the time[/quote]

same here. i'm happy with my purchase.

Okay, I'll provide the unpopular answer: No, like the rest of Insignia's offerings, they suck. If you want something temporary that you'll want to throw away within the next 6 months, then Insignia is a decent choice, but if you want something you'll like, you should stop considering Insignia right now.

Hey man I highly recommend picking up an Insignia. Yes its the Best Buy brand but virtually has no major difference over another hdtv with a higher brand name. With Sony Vizio and other tvs your basically paying more for the same tv so why not get an Insignia and save the other money towards some games. I purchased an open box 32 inch insignia earlier this month and I have been impressed by how great it is. For one i recommend if you can find one get an open box item and get the replacement plan so that if there is a problem you can return it and get a new one. Plus if you have cable hook it up to the tv and you'll get all the digital channels. Quality looks great as I was watching Heroes in HD for the first time last night. Definately pick it up if ur interested.

I also disagree with some of the rave reviews. I bought a 34" Insignia HD-ready TV a couple years ago on Black Friday and it worked fine for about 14 months, then just died one day when I turned it on. Didn't opt for the BB warranty because it would have been about 75% of the TV's sale cost, so I took it in to a trusty TV repairman. He fiddled with it and got it to work again for about a half hour before it blew again. Said the TV was a POS and suggested I buy a new one.

I also asked my friend who works at BB about returns on the brand and he said they broke down all the time. I ended up replacing it with a nice Samsung LCD and will never stoop to Insignia's level again.

bread's done
Back