Intec Rechargeable Glow Dock (DSL) 4.97 at Radio Shack

ep2011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The Intec Rechargeable Glow Dock for Nintendo DS Lite is only 4.97 at Radio Shack. It's out of stock online, but is in stock in many stores.

Go to: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2582431&siteID=.7WaaTN6umc-AM5PTGkyV8hoSZOz_SkEUQ

Under "Other ways to get" click on Available at most stores, find it near you and type in your zip code. My store has it, yours probably will too.

It's a dock for your ds, which charges it. It glows blue around the whole dock, and uses the official nintendo charger. (NOTE: It does not come with a cable, you use the one that came with your DS Lite.)

Heres what Radio Shack says about it:
The ultimate charging station for your Nintendo DS™ Lite has arrived! Intec's Recharging Glow Dock is the choice option for displaying and charging your DS Lite game console. Simply snap the DS Lite onto the stable charging cradle, plug in your A/C adapter (sold separately) and your DS Lite is displayed and charged while keeping it safe from bumps and scratches.
  • Angled cradle displays your DS Lite in great fashion
  • Transparent protective shield glows when unit is being charged

I have this, it's totally crap. Not even worth the gas to drive to a Radio Shack. or the time it takes for you to clikc on the link.

The thing is poorly made and I have a hrd time even getting the connection to work. The dock isn't the right size so you kinda have to force you DS onto the stand and I don't like that. Also, it lights up blue even when the DS is done chargine, so is basically just a light that turns on whenever the DS is in the stand.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']I have this, it's totally crap. Not even worth the gas to drive to a Radio Shack. or the time it takes for you to clikc on the link.

The thing is poorly made and I have a hrd time even getting the connection to work. The dock isn't the right size so you kinda have to force you DS onto the stand and I don't like that. Also, it lights up blue even when the DS is done chargine, so is basically just a light that turns on whenever the DS is in the stand.[/quote]

You have a DSL? This is made for a DS Lite. If you do and it really does suck, I'll have to rethink driving there :x. Though the $5 price makes it seems pretty worthwhile.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']I have this, it's totally crap. Not even worth the gas to drive to a Radio Shack. or the time it takes for you to clikc on the link.

The thing is poorly made and I have a hrd time even getting the connection to work. The dock isn't the right size so you kinda have to force you DS onto the stand and I don't like that. Also, it lights up blue even when the DS is done chargine, so is basically just a light that turns on whenever the DS is in the stand.[/QUOTE]
PSH! This guys is totally BSing us. Just look at the website, it says clear as day: "The ULTIMATE charging station."

[quote name='PyroGamer']PSH! This guys is totally BSing us. Just look at the website, it says clear as day: "The ULTIMATE charging station."[/quote]LOL. But yes I have a DS Lite (Onyx). I mean it does it's job, it is a charging base that charges your DS and lites up blue. But I should mention that it doesn't even come with it's own cord, you have to plug your charging cable that came with the DS into the back of the thing. Which sucks when you have to pack things up when you travel.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']LOL. But yes I have a DS Lite (Onyx). I mean it does it's job, it is a charging base that charges your DS and lites up blue. But I should mention that it doesn't even come with it's own cord, you have to plug your charging cable that came with the DS into the back of the thing. Which sucks when you have to pack things up when you travel.[/quote]

Yeah I said that about you need your cable - look in my post towards the bottom. If I see myself near my radio shack, I'll get it, but I wasn't planning on going there just for the cable. I think it's a cool thing for $5 and does it's purpose though.

Cool, I have been very interested in these. There is one( a long horizontal one) that I keep seeing at best buy. I may swing by and pick this one up at that price though..

p.s. First post!
icon10.gif

Well I got the thing for free and honestly I still wish I wouldn't have taken it. But if you want a nightlight that scratches your DS then have at it.

I guess it works for some, but I prefer just charging up my DSL with the Nintendo charger and leaving it charge all, what, 2 hours it takes?

It just seems terribly useless to me unless you're trying to showboat your DSL, as evident that it doesn't even come with a third-party charging cable.

I bought one of these when it came out...pretty useless. All it does is glow blue. It uses the charger that came with your DS. I bought it because I wanted an extra charger...and then I found out that it doesn't come with a charger after I paid $15 for mine. It's kind of a pain in the ass to plug it in...after using it a couple times I just went back to plugging my DS directly into the charger rather than plugging the charger into the dock and the DS into the dock.

bread's done
Back