Intel or AMD

Shawn1221

CAG Veteran
im thinking of going with AMD over intel, mostly for gaming reasons.
do u think I am Right for going with AMD over Intel? if not what are
the benefits of goin Intel over AMD?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']for gaming reasons I would say Intel these days, a year ago I would have said AMD[/QUOTE] I agree, before the dualcore processors came out AMD was on top. But for now it's Intel.

Intel's Core 2 Duo series are the best dualcores on the market right now.
Even the lowest model, the E6300 runs circles around most of AMD's X2 series.
It's pretty cheap too (180ish).

I think AMD's new chip still got burned by Intel's Extreme Core, but I don't really remember the specifics.

Both are very nice for overclocking, but right now, Intel's are much better overall.

I for one love AMD, but sadly I have to agree with everyone else. For right now the best performance and value are going to come from Intel Core 2 Duo's.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']for gaming reasons I would say Intel these days, a year ago I would have said AMD[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. I've heard the latest Intel processors are a step up on AMD.

[quote name='mkg12']I agree, before the dualcore processors came out AMD was on top. But for now it's Intel.[/QUOTE]

Huh? AMD was on top with their dual core processors before Intel's Core 2 Duo line up. AMD's X2/FX series almost always owned it's Pentium D equivalent in every way. It was the Core 2 Duo that killed AMD.

The only reason to look at AMD is for budget processors (like sub $100). Otherwise, you shouldn't even look at AMD at the moment.

Look at the benchmarks at anandtech for the core 2 duo. Even some of the midrange core 2 duo's beat the AMD FX processors. It is the way to go currently.

bread's done
Back