InterAct ShadowBlade Arcade Stick for PlayStation 2 @ Geeks.com for $12.99

Karyyk

CAGiversary!
[quote name='JohnnyDrama']very nice, it's supposed to be the best arcade stick available for the PS2, right?[/QUOTE]

Always heard the Hori stick that came with Tekken 5 was better. I do have the interact one though but can't really comment on how it plays with fighters since it has been so long, but I can say it sure as hell doesn't feel cheap, has a nice metal base.

If you're looking for a really good stick, try to find the Tekken 5 bundle. The Hori stick in there is great.

Never tried this one, but for $22 shipped its not bad.

My friend has one of these, and I thought it sucked.

The Street Fighter Anniversary stick is good, I have one of those and this Soul Calibur player I know actually prefers it to his custom made with fancy parts stick.

I'm sure the Tekken stick is fine too, since its Hori.

[quote name='Karyyk']http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?in...y_html-_-18JAN07_FREECASE-_-FREECASEBonusbuys

This one got a pretty glowing review at IGN as well...

http://gear.ign.com/articles/306/306541p1.html

Ground shipping is $9 (and there don't seem to be any coupon codes at the moment), so that might kill it for some. Still, if the review is accurate at all, you could do worse for $21.99. Better yet, pick up a pair for $35.98 shipped and you're basically paying $1 to ship the second one.[/QUOTE]

Look at the year, 2001. A lot has changed since then, mainly due to the advent of the Real Arcade Pro series in the west. It is not worth having a piece of crap lying around in your house if there are better sticks out there.

The only good thing with the Shadowblade is that it is one of the few arcade sticks that worked with The Bouncer.

Save your money. If you are not getting a PS3, look for people on Ebay or in fighting game forums unloading their previous generation Real Arcade Pros so they can buy the Sega High Grade and Real Arcade Pro 3 sticks.

I owned one and got rid of it for less store credit than they're charging to buy.

The buttons are pressure sensitive and the stick comes way out before it registers. They should've just called it the Mushy Stick. It's also enormous. I like the Hori sticks very much and haven't played a fighter with a control pad (willingly) in over a decade, but the Shadowblade is worthless. I don't know that I owned it for a year before trading it in, and I still have my Sega Menacer.

if i remember correctly, it was the worst stick i ever used.
main problem was the stick. the stick's base hole is a shaped like a square, so doing a half-circle was almost impossible

sounds like the Tekken 5 bundle ($30 at GS/EB if you find it) is a much better value.

Actually Square/Diamond shaped holes happen, particularly with some of the Japanese sticks. I believe the Tekken stick might even do it.

It might take a little getting used to if you're unfamilar with it.

The Tekken 5 one is a square gate which is the best arcade stick you will find in U.S. although it does use fake arcade parts. THat shadowblade is horrible my friend had one looks like it gives 360 controls but it's actually a square based arcade stick also. With sqaure gate you won't get the full 360 feel when playing 2d fighters which might feel weird. With 20 something after ground shipping you might as well go for the Tekken 5 bundle if your local EB/GS still has any of them left.

Japanese sticks > USA sticks

[quote name='CaoPi']Japanese sticks > USA sticks[/quote]That's stupid.

You're stupid.

And shadowblade is a piece of shit.

[quote name='B:L']That's stupid.

You're stupid.

And shadowblade is a piece of shit.[/quote]

I was just trying to give some advice. SO you can go fuck yourself!

This is another one of those japanese sticks similiar to the TEkken 5 one but the buttons are not sanwa parts while the stick is. HRAP sticks are known to be some of the bests in Japan.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-5w3.html

Afterall you get what you pay for if you pay for something that cheap it will end up wearing out pretty fast.

The Shadowblade is a very poor stick. I tried one when they first came out, and returned it immediately. If you like Japanese-style sticks, the Tekken 5 Hori stick is nice, or you can pay more for a HRAP2 or a custom-built stick with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts. If you prefer US-style sticks, you can get a SF Anniversary stick or Pelican Real Arcade stick and modify it with Happ parts, if the stock sticks and buttons don't satisfy you.

Don't buy this piece of crap. Take it from a serious fighting game enthusiast. Try to find a SFAC controller and mod it if you like American style, or buy the Tekken 5 bundle and use that controller unmodded if you like Japanese style.

[quote name='phantomer']if i remember correctly, it was the worst stick i ever used.
main problem was the stick. the stick's base hole is a shaped like a square, so doing a half-circle was almost impossible[/QUOTE]

I bought one of these from KBtoys.com 2 years ago for 6 bucks. I could've bought an Extra Value meal from McDonalds instead of this bignit(yes, bignit) hunk of shit.

It seems like a nice deal, but I bet that stick is a piece of shit.

If your looking for a cheap but decent ps2 stick go with the T5 Hori stick.
I have the real Hori sticks that use japanese arcade parts, they run over $100 shipped. And imo, the Tekken stick is 90% as good as those 'real' sticks. For the price you cant get a better stick. This interact thing will be a $22 paperweight holding down the bottom of your closet.

That is correct.

This stick has no d!ck.

Bonus points to anyone that 'got' that.

But yea, 100% worst stick available on PS2.

[quote name='Apossum']sounds like the Tekken 5 bundle ($30 at GS/EB if you find it) is a much better value.[/QUOTE]

Getting stabbed in the dick for $12.99 shipped is a better deal.

I would have to add that only some of these sticks are total crap. I was working at an EB when PS2 launched and had my preorder for one of these sticks at launch. The stick was delayed a few months IIRC and when mine came in the damned thing didn't work for crap. After testing a handful that came in over the next couple of weeks, I noticed that not all the sticks were shiny black and the ones that were instead just a matte black finish worked better than the shiny ones. My matte Shadowblade is still right next to my PS2 so I confirmed the type of finish, but I haven't used the thing in years.

However, the chrome finish Dreamcast version of that stick was killer. Interact even included a small chamois to clean the chrome. Classy.

[quote name='Chilijohn']I would have to add that only some of these sticks are total crap. I was working at an EB when PS2 launched and had my preorder for one of these sticks at launch. The stick was delayed a few months IIRC and when mine came in the damned thing didn't work for crap. After testing a handful that came in over the next couple of weeks, I noticed that not all the sticks were shiny black and the ones that were instead just a matte black finish worked better than the shiny ones. My matte Shadowblade is still right next to my PS2 so I confirmed the type of finish, but I haven't used the thing in years.

However, the chrome finish Dreamcast version of that stick was killer. Interact even included a small chamois to clean the chrome. Classy.[/QUOTE]

Now, if we're measuring the quality of a gaming product by "does it work?" rather than by "how good is it," there's a clear problem. Considering that the Tekken 5 stick isn't that much more and it's infinitely better in every conceivable way... well, I don't think there's much reason to support a shoddy product.

Avoid this piece of shit shadowblade stick at all costs. It's the worst arcade stick I've used.....I remember buying one back in early '02 when Virtua Fighter 4 came out. The worst thing about it is that It's terrible for circle motions since it has a square gate, playing any of the Capcom fighters on it is a nightmare. The best thing that I got out of it was taking it apart and using the interior to build my own. custom PS2 stick

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Avoid this piece of shit shadowblade stick at all costs. It's the worst arcade stick I've used.....I remember buying one back in early '02 when Virtua Fighter 4 came out. The worst thing about it is that It's terrible for circle motions since it has a square gate, playing any of the Capcom fighters on it is a nightmare. The best thing that I got out of it was taking it apart and using the interior to build my own. custom PS2 stick[/quote]

Even taking it apart and using the PCB is not worth it if I remember correctly. Isn't the PCB huge?

bread's done
Back