Interchangeable controller layout? Extra buttons

playing mantis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Moving toward pc gaming but WASD keyboard use kills my hand. The gaming keypads don't look any better. Have tried using xbox 360 controller with left hand and using mouse to aim. With enough mouse buttons, I may be able to get by with just the standard 360 controller.

Are there any controllers like the Mad Catz MLG that also let you change the location of the X/Y/A/B buttons? I remember some from years ago (saitek but it only let you flip left stick and dpad, any others?) If I could swap position with right stick and face buttons, I should be able to reach them with left thumb. Not really ideal though.

Alternatively, what (quality) controllers have second shoulder buttons and/or buttons on the back like the Razer Onza (which i don't consider quality)? Prefer something that will work for 360 and pc, but will go for quality pc only.

I do have an old/new microsoft sidewinder strategic commander. I know they dropped it a long time ago but if I could get it working it might do the job.

Thanks

I found a program/driver for the Strategic Commander called Strategic Engine v1.3 that has it working in Windows 8 but I can't get my guy to just walk going forward in Battlefield 3. He'll walk in the other 3 directions but runs moving forward. So close it's frustrating. May be fine for CoD though, pretty much always running in that game lol.

A button relocation mod on my 360 controller may end up being the best solution.

bread's done
Back