Intercooler fans making really loud noise?

Murcielago77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Does anyone else's intercooler make a really annoying loud noise when you turn it on sometimes. Lately, sometimes when i turn it on, it makes this really loud noise that only goes away if i hit it, or after i turn it on and off like 3 times. Does anyone else's do this?

It becomes mis-aligned with the 360 and gets noisy .
Mine does it quite often .
If I straighten it out while it's on I get the #4 red quarter of death - error E 68 .

I think it's due to the immense weight of the power cord , tugging at it .

I have that problem quite often. I have to smack the thing a few times and it will quiet down. Nyko says they'll replace it but I have to box it up, pay for shipping and then wait while they decide to send me another one.

The fans in the Intercooler are muc h like the fans that used to be on video cards. When these fans would start to go bad, they would start to make quite a bit of noise. I would imagine that the same thing is happening on the Intercooler.

I suggest swapping out the fans for nicer ones. I was able to do this for less than 10 bucks and it runs like a dream without all the noise.

Yeah mine has been making loud noises recently too, and then goes away after a minute or so. I hope nothing bad happens though.

[quote name='empyrium']I suggest swapping out the fans for nicer ones. I was able to do this for less than 10 bucks and it runs like a dream without all the noise.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing just that .
Getting some higher quality PC fans and switching them .

[quote name='Murcielago77']yea i thoguht of doing that as well. now, where to get 50mm fans from[/QUOTE]

I was going to say Newegg, but their shipping on small parts sucks these days. I mean $5 shipping for a $5 fan? What the hell sense does that make?

If someone could post a quiet and cheap alternative, I would appreciate it.

Just grease the fans. Get some type of lube (no jokes please) and lube it up. Any mechanical grease should do just fine. I've had mine for two months and no problems so far.

I saw a new batch at CC. They seem to have changed the packaging and the picture looks like they removed the power switch. They must have found a problem with the power connections or switch or something. The new ones come in a square box if anyone was interested. I may just buy one and put mine in it and say it was defective, the employees will never know. It also serves NYKO right for selling defective shit and charging to send it back.

[quote name='Murcielago77']where did you exchange it? through nyko?[/QUOTE]

I took it to a Gamestop where I know the store manager .
He let me exchange it , and I gave him a pre-order [Forza 2] .

[quote name='Santurio']I saw a new batch at CC. They seem to have changed the packaging and the picture looks like they removed the power switch. They must have found a problem with the power connections or switch or something. The new ones come in a square box if anyone was interested. I may just buy one and put mine in it and say it was defective, the employees will never know. It also serves NYKO right for selling defective shit and charging to send it back.[/QUOTE]

well, seeing that im lazy, i might just send it to nyko. Unless the new boxes are like cardboard ones that you can close up again

I had one, that actually caused my 360 to shut it self off when It was on, because it was taking away too much power from the system itself.. I use a laptop pad now

[quote name='Murcielago77']well, seeing that im lazy, i might just send it to nyko. Unless the new boxes are like cardboard ones that you can close up again[/QUOTE]
Well it looks like you can reclose them. But they have a sticker seal that you have to break to get into it. So you can't make it look like it's never been opened if that's why you were asking.

[quote name='Santurio']Well it looks like you can reclose them. But they have a sticker seal that you have to break to get into it. So you can't make it look like it's never been opened if that's why you were asking.[/QUOTE]

no i just didnt want to have it packaged in one of those heat sealed plastic things where you have to massacre it to open it. I think im just going to return mine to nyko

On my intercooler I had one of the fans burn out/seeze up.

When I would turn it on it would make a loud humming noise until it warmed up. Later I removed the fan with no problem and I kept using it for a while until everyone started complaining about failures and the fact I learned MS voids warranties if they find you've used one when sending it in for repairs.

I found it made less noise if I kept the intercooler off the first 5-10 minutes as my 360 started/warmed up.

bread's done
Back