Interested in a GAMING PC or LAPTOP!

Fusion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (96%)
EDIT!! I'm now considering a gaming PC. Does not need to include monitor, mouse, keyboard, ect.. Just a good up and running PC would be great.. Must be able to play the latest games at good settings and vista ready?

Post the specs and such, would rather it under some kind of warranty.. Vista ready? I dont really know. Just post the specs.. I dont know much about laptops but I will run the specs by some friends and see what they think... Please PM me with any offers or w.e.. THANKS!

If you want it now, go with the fastest core 2 duo you can afford and the Nvidia 8800GTX and some 800MHZ DDR2. SLI is a waste of money and effort as not even Nvidia can get it working right. :roll:

Consult newegg.com for pricing and compatability.

However, I'd personally wait until the AMD quad cores come out later this year.

[quote name='mofo1115']it would help if you posted a price that you're willing to spend[/QUOTE]
At the most about a grand..

I would suggest building one yourself. It is pretty easy, and always cheaper than buying a pre-made one. I just built a new Vista machine with an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of 800Mhz RAM, a 7800 Nvidea graphics card and loads of other stuff (creative sound card, 2 hard drives, microatx case etc etc) with a 22" widescreen monitor for about 800 bucks. Sounds like you have some knowledgable friends... they should help you, as can the hundreds of easy to follow guides on the internet. Honestly, the hardest part is buying parts that will all work together.

If you decide to make one, check out the slickdeals forums for deals on parts.

I have the following PC for sale:

Pentium IV 3.06 gig processor
80 gb hdd-7200rpm sata
1 gb of ddr2 sdram-533mhz
10/100 card

2 button scroll mouse
basic keyboard

I also have a 19" lcd display for it, but I could do the tower alone for say.....$950.00 plus shipping.

I did a quick calculation on UPS's site and if it's shipped by UPS ground(the cheapest/cheapass shipping method), it would cost $67.18. This is assuming I was shipping it from my house here in PA cross country to California or someplace as far.

If you were closer or told me where I'd be shipping it, I could get an accurate calculation.

Let me know one way or the other, though what many others in here already said is true, you could probably put together a decent gaming PC by yourself for less than what it even costs for a pre-assembled one.

However, if the cost to buy one was in a no limit type situation, I'd suggest Alienware, as they are known for their gaming PCs.

You may want to check out part costs on newegg.com though, in the event you try to do it yourself.

bread's done
Back