Interested in Playstation Eye, how good as a mic?

miyamotofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (96%)
I need quite a few things for my PS3-
Maybe $150 for games in the fall (LBP and probably resistance at least)
Dual Shock 3 (still on one sixaxis which is annoying when others come over)
Mic (I was going to get Socom but after beta no thanks, can't believe game is releasing in 2 weeks)
maybe camera (LBP mostly)- $40
hard drive (mine is full already)-$100 for 320 GB

So I figure knock two birds with one stone and get a PS Eye. How is it as a mic? Those on Burnout Paradise, are you guys using it? Because you guys sound fine. This is for a medium sized bedroom but I'll be close to the mic most of the time.

Yeah I got the EoJ bundle recently and use the PS Eye on BOP and my friends say they can hear me just fine.
I hear it works well with LBP as well to take pictures and import stuff, but I have yet to test it since I'm not in the beta yet. :(
If you can, get the EoJ bundle on clearance at WallMart or Target, or I'm sure Amazon might have another sale soon.

It's perfectly fine. I actually prefer it over the Jabra headset since it's doesn't go on the fritz in Warhawk. Video chat is pretty good too.

It works very well. Almost too well for my tastes as when you're playing someone who has it, you pick up a lot of the sounds coming from their speakers. It can be pretty annoying. You can still hear the person very well, but you have to hear all their in-games sounds too.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']It works very well. Almost too well for my tastes as when you're playing someone who has it, you pick up a lot of the sounds coming from their speakers. It can be pretty annoying. You can still hear the person very well, but you have to hear all their in-games sounds too.[/quote]

That's exactly why I don't use it as a mic... ;)

Target has the Eye of Judgement game w/ camera for about 34.98 (or 39.98) clearance. this is the target in Miami, FL on 36th Street and Miami Ave.

[quote name='Thomas96']Target has the Eye of Judgement game w/ camera for about 34.98 (or 39.98) clearance. this is the target in Miami, FL on 36th Street and Miami Ave.[/quote]Make them scan it.Mine was tagged 34.98 and I bought it and the reciept said it was $17.98.

[quote name='snakelda']Make them scan it.Mine was tagged 34.98 and I bought it and the reciept said it was $17.98.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!!!! damn!!!!!! NICE!!!! I gots to try that.

[quote name='Thomas96']OMG!!!!!! damn!!!!!! NICE!!!! I gots to try that.[/quote]Yeah,I was surprised too.Don't be mad if it actually isn't that price because not everyones target had it at that price.

hm....should look for this again. I think I may have seen it at the Target near me a week ago, though don't remember. I only saw that Burnout was $30, then realized that psn has it for $30 too. Not sure if I'd use it much though...I got the original eyetoy for $15 and didn't use it once for anything game related. Tried it in the LBP beta, but the pictures came out like shit.

bread's done
Back