Internet radio streaming?

Full_Throttle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey all,

I'm wanting to start a radio stream for some personal uses. Only problem is that I suck ass at anything related to networking. I tried setting up IceCast2, but the guide I used explained only how to stream OGG, and I could only listen to it locally for some reason. It was heavily CLI-based, which I dislike, since it takes so much longer to make tweaks.

Are there any any GUI streamers for Linux/WINE, where you can just drag/drop a playlist of files you want to stream over the internet?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Full_Throttle']What? C/D for internet radio streaming? How is that against any rules?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I found out the hard way that Soundscan even pays attention to the lowly 6 listener average stations on shoutcast.

Shit was hilarious when I got that note (weird too as I am the only I know that has gotten a letter in the mail from them for playing music)...still haven't paid them though.

I don't think most/any of the stations have. News has pretty much dropped off, though there are some negotiations since everyone knows full well that nobody but the biggest stations would have ANY chance of paying the royalties that are being asked for.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I don't think most/any of the stations have. News has pretty much dropped off, though there are some negotiations since everyone knows full well that nobody but the biggest stations would have ANY chance of paying the royalties that are being asked for.[/QUOTE]

if you're ever looking for news, this is the place to go: http://www.kurthanson.com/

bread's done
Back