Internet

Spades22

CAGiversary!
Hey

Im currently using dial up and its soooooo slow. I want to get something better for us, however dsl/cable etc is not an option since we live out of range of any provides. Satellite is also not an option due to obstacles in the way...

Is there anything else I could get? I heard you can get some kind of internet that travels on cell phones? Is it faster than dialup and which cell phone services provide it in Canada?

Dial up is just plain awful...

Yeah, you can get a cell phone with 3G that lets you use it as a modem.

Or, you can even buy a 3G modem adapter that some cell companies sell.

Ok uhh...do you know any particular cell phone companies in Canada that provide the internet service? The cell phone company we're on doesn't provide it currently. And is it particularily faster than dialup?

Dude....dial up sucks a mean dick. My buddy was on dial up til a couple months ago now he's got satellite and that's still shitty.

Well depending on where you live you can either get Rogers or TELUS (eastern half would be Rogers). If you can get an HSPDA connection from Rogers then you have a good 2mb or higher download speed.

My cellphone connects at around 2.5Mb download here in Cleveland. Plug it into my Laptop via USB cable (or just use a Bluetooth PAN to network the 2) and I can have internet anywhere I go (I've used it to play games online in the car on the way to canada actually lol).

I'd look into it if I were you

[quote name='Spades22']Ok uhh...do you know any particular cell phone companies in Canada that provide the internet service? The cell phone company we're on doesn't provide it currently. And is it particularily faster than dialup?[/quote]

Just giving you a heads up that it will cost you an INSANE amount of money to do it through a cellphone. Data plans in Canada are priced so out of line with the USA it's crazy. Rogers cheapest data plan is like $60/month for 1GB

bread's done
Back