Introducing PlayStation Rewards

I'm not a PSN Plus member(and never will be) and I couldn't even tell you the last time I logged into the G.A.P. account, which I think is merged with my PSN account now.

I got an invite too. Said it was for being part of GAP which I never did anything with and actually couldn't log into that account that it was under for years now. It seems they were still able to connect the dots somehow. So far all I'm seeing is a forum, has the Rewards Beta not been started yet and they're still only doing sign-ups?

[quote name='Thongsy']I got an invite too. Said it was for being part of GAP which I never did anything with and actually couldn't log into that account that it was under for years now. It seems they were still able to connect the dots somehow. So far all I'm seeing is a forum, has the Rewards Beta not been started yet and they're still only doing sign-ups?[/QUOTE]

It's a little late now, but if you don't mind my asking, how the heck did you manage to get signed up (since you're technically in the same situation I'm in with the old account access?

I emailed Sony and got nowhere, so I was hoping someone had a similar experience, yet more luck than me.

I have no idea really how they connected the two. I forgot my PS Underground login years ago and could never retrieve the password or it would always come up as invalid. I must've used the same email for my PSN account as I did for my PSU account and they must have connected them on their end.

I wasn't sure what exactly this was as I got offered it when I logged into my old PSN account. I've also been a GAP member for a long time. I really don't understand what exactly it is. I log in and click Playstation Rewards and it takes me to what looks like a sliding bar and it says Progress to : SELECT.

[quote name='Thongsy']I have no idea really how they connected the two. I forgot my PS Underground login years ago and could never retrieve the password or it would always come up as invalid. I must've used the same email for my PSN account as I did for my PSU account and they must have connected them on their end.[/QUOTE]

So you used your PSN password to login then? If so, I might have to retry then (just to see if I can login to the site, period) since the beta signup is past for now.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So ah, what have you guys actually earned from this program so far?[/QUOTE]

Well, since it's been around for so long, I've already got a free copy of Killzone 3 coming on release date and Christine Lee is going to come by in a week to give me a massage. Pretty good program so far.

[quote name='gindias']Got a bunch of avatars and a dynamix theme for reaching "select" status, wonder what I get for choice and prime?[/QUOTE]
What did you do during the window from sign-up to Select?

Play a lot of new games, get a lot of trophies? Did you register anything on their site (games or systems)?

Just trying to figure out how this crap works. I've played 4 new games on my ps3 since I signed up- and am about to platinum 2 of them, but I have no indication that I'm closing in on "select".

I actually forgot about the program and got the email yesterday. I havent registered any products at all and only played 2 new games in the time I siged up, black ops and sports champions. I may have earned 10 trophies in that time span, funny thing is that I have been playing Fable 3 a lot and the PS3 has not been played very much. Which is rare in my house. I didnt download anything outside of Pulse and some demos, I think its just random myself.

do you have to do something to level up? I got the email and sign up the second day it was out but my bar is still empty. I have played and bought several new games since then but no change.

I just bought an expansion pack this weekend and my rewards thing didn't go up.....

I'm guessing it's for just released stuff....

Made it to select status. In the time it took to get there I bought 2 PSN games (new Lara Croft game, and that $6 pale mist (?) game), a theme, and an avatar. Played about 6 new games in my system, and got a new platinum trophy.

I never went into home, but i did watch a lot of netflix.

[quote name='m_d_amore']the same damn avatars as select except it says Pro. lol nothing to write home about[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not that great, haha, imagine Legendary being the same thing except they now say Legendary, yikes.

I havent been in home in a long time either so i cant comment on that gift. i think they gave a different dynamic theme tho ill have to check

just hit pro. I got the same avatars (with PRO instead of SELECT), a r&c dynamic theme of them flying in their ship towards the screen, and some home stuff (a unicorn mask was all I saw).

anyone gonna really go for these quests? We know about the 3 that were revealed at media outlets yesterday (last week?) there are others listed which seem pretty cool..only one I'm confused about is 'Share the Play'..how exactly would you do that? do they mean having the porable ID in your sig on various forums and just posting there?? Anyways, I'm definitely going to do all that I can starting tonight.

Movie Maniac
*Rent or buy a movie from Playstation®Store.

Click It
*Learn more by clicking through in 5 different emails from PlayStation®.

Check Your Pulse
*Download PULSE in HD on your PS3™ system.

Share the Play
*Place your portable ID on 5 websites.

No Place Like Home
*Go to PlayStation®Home and visit the Central Plaza.

Speak Your Mind
*Review 5 games on PlayStation.com.

Read It and Reap
*Read 10 emails from PlayStation®.

Move It
*Play any eligible PlayStation®Move game (see FAQ).

Demo Down
*Download and play 5 game demos from PlayStation®Store.

I'll probably do most of them just to follow this program to it's natural conclusion. I was thinking of renting the new Christmas Carol from Netflix, but it's probably on back-order due to the season. I guess I could just get it off the PSN.

I'll do the easy ones. Pulse, Portable ID, Playstation Move, Home, Demos.

How do they know though if you have read the emails they sent you?

Also, to review the games, two people have to click your review as helpful.

So I assume some sort of review click tit-for-tat will begin here shortly.

edit: How do we add our Portable IDs here? Do we have to do it in our signature?

forums

[quote name='tlwizard']
edit: How do we add our Portable IDs here? Do we have to do it in our signature?[/QUOTE]

yeah thats what I was wondering about too..right now my portable ID isn't even showing up in my sig and I know its there (been there forever) so unless the server (?) is having problems, I don't know what to do, maybe I'll try getting it and copy/pasting it again..

Its going to be hard to get 2 people to say your review was 'helpful' I see a lot of people setting up fake accounts ;) :lol:

[quote name='tlwizard']hey flip, stop stealing my cracked-out sheep!

[/QUOTE]

No way. Cracked-out sheep likes me best.

anyone accomplish any of the goals yet? I downloaded 5 demos, Pulse, played a Move game and visited Central Plaza and it doesn't show that I did anything.

I also did a mail filter and clicked through about a dozen PSN emails. Nada.

[quote name='nbballard']anyone accomplish any of the goals yet? I downloaded 5 demos, Pulse, played a Move game and visited Central Plaza and it doesn't show that I did anything.

I also did a mail filter and clicked through about a dozen PSN emails. Nada.[/QUOTE]

ha! yeah, I downloaded Pulse (but only watched 5 seconds..) how long did you watch it for? wonder if its another weird thing to get the HD or SD version (I got HD) that's about all I did, didn't have time to visit home b/c it took forever to DL Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves..

I wonder if there is a certain time of day they just ping the stats/usage info and it updates..after all, it is Sony we're talking about ;) they're not the best on web/online efficiency..

bread's done
Back