Feedback
23 (100%)
More information would be appreciated.

iPhone 4S 16GB $199
iPhone 4S 32GB $299
iPhone 4S 64GB $399
iPhone 3S Free
iPhone 4 8GB $99

Available for AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.
Preorder available on October 7, 2011, and can be preordered on Apple's site.
Alternatively, you can order by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE
In store pickup begins at 8:00 A.M. on October 14th.

Available in U.S., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and the UK.
Will eventually roll out before the end of the month to include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

You can check if you are due for an upgrade at the following link: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/springboard

Links:
http://gizmodo.com/5846504/new-apple-iphone-all-the-information
http://gizmodo.com/5846576/get-ready-to-throw-all-your-money-at-apple-on-october-7

Rumor: Sprint may get iPhone 5 soon as timed exclusive.

This post is wiki editable.

[quote name='skiizim']When did sprint start carrying the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

They just started with the 4GS. It's rumored that Sprint is betting the whole company on the iPhone, therefore locking in an exclusive deal for the iPhone 5.

We shall see!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']They just started with the 4GS. It's rumored that Sprint is betting the whole company on the iPhone, therefore locking in an exclusive deal for the iPhone 5.

We shall see![/QUOTE]

Yep, I've been reading it could be a 20 Billion dollar deal!

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']They just started with the 4GS. It's rumored that Sprint is betting the whole company on the iPhone, therefore locking in an exclusive deal for the iPhone 5.

We shall see![/QUOTE]

That sounds real stupid and I hope to take advantage of that stupidity by purchasing a Pay As You Go one.Which I think is inevitable. 30.5 million iphones over 4 years that's just crazy.

[quote name='Kyoz']Are those prices the prices without a contract?[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha... no. No-contract pricing is as follows:

Iphone 4s 16gb: $649
Iphone 4s 32gb: $749
Iphone 4s 64gb: $849

[quote name='Kyoz']Are those prices the prices without a contract?[/QUOTE]

Stole this from another thread...
[quote name='domo325']
954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thongsy']Hahahaha... no. No-contract pricing is as follows:

Iphone 4s 16gb: $649
Iphone 4s 32gb: $749
Iphone 4s 64gb: $849[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']Stole this from another thread...[/QUOTE]

haha....yeah well I was just making sure, since the iphone 5 is around the corner, I honestly didn't know.

I just bought my gf an iphone 4 (no contract) for 399$, I would of returned it asap if those prices were no contract!

We shall see![/QUOTE]

Good, maybe that means Sprint will finally go out of business...

[quote name='mietha']Good, maybe that means Sprint will finally go out of business...[/QUOTE]

Yes please. Let's get rid of the only major carrier left with (at least for now) unlimited data.

I sooooo want a limit on my phone usage.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Yes please. Let's get rid of the only major carrier left with (at least for now) unlimited data.

I sooooo want a limit on my phone usage.[/QUOTE]

I have sprint and haven't had a contract for a few years. I like Sprint plans better than Att and Verizon but there service isn't as good. I might upgrade for this with a new plan, just for my information, these phones don't qualify for any kind of insurance correct?

I believe someone on presage night posted that sprints phone warranty will not cover iPhones but I know that AT&T will but it is a ridicules price. Apple has a thing for the iPhones called
"Apple Care +" now that will cover the phone for 2 years on the manufacture warranty as well as allow for 2 accidental replacements at $49 within those 2 years which is a lot cheaper than how AT&T does there warranty on the iPhone.

You guys do realize the iPhone 4S IS the iPhone 5, right? Do you guys not pay attention to the sequence of how iPhones are released and what they are called?

iPhone
iPhone 3G (2)
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S (5)

@kaseydme - You left out the part where Apple Care + HAS TO BE PURCHASED with your new iPhone. You can't buy APP+ on a different day. Also, it's different than the 1 year limited warranty. It doesn't simply extend the LW by one year. The additional year has additional features and things that it covers. And no, it's not a "ridiculous price." It covers battery replacement and offers express replacement should your device need to be repaired. The 2 accidental damage covers for $45 is a good deal considering accidental damage isn't covered at all, ever, and costs at least $199 for out of warranty repair. Also, you get 2 years of unlimited complimentary phone support, starting the date of purchase, compared to just 90 days. Try to be more informed before posting information.

Sorry didn't see where had to be ordered at the same time sorry about that just thought it took place of original apple care plan, glad you told me that cause I missed it on our 2 phones and need to call apple now.

I talked to an apple rep and he indicated that if you did not get it with the phone, you will need to have it inspected at an apple store before they issue the Apple Care +.

[quote name='crushtopher']You guys do realize the iPhone 4S IS the iPhone 5, right? Do you guys not pay attention to the sequence of how iPhones are released and what they are called?

iPhone
iPhone 3G (2)
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S (5)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we get that it's the 5th released. A new one with major hardware upgrades will be announced next fall though. iPhone 5/iPhone __, whatever they decide to call it, is inevitable going by the same product list.

[quote name='dagarcia2678']I talked to an apple rep and he indicated that if you did not get it with the phone, you will need to have it inspected at an apple store before they issue the Apple Care +.[/QUOTE]

According to Apple's site, they'll let you buy it over the phone thru the 14th of October. Anyways, I'll find out later in the day as I'm upgrading from a 3gs. Mine is suppose to arrive sometime today.

On a sidenote, anyone else get a laugh tracking the route of the delivery? Saw my order go from China->Hong Kong->Alaska-> and thought it would go south to California. Instead it kept going East to Kentucky before pulling a 180 to hit New Mexico-> California.:lol:

And the whole 4s vs 5 debate is pointless since Apple will most likely keep releasing new versions evey year. Only people I know that are pissed about the phone saying 4s instead of 5 are actually pissed that it looks just like the 4 model. Idiots just want to show off their new toy:roll:

I purchased my iPhone 4S on friday morning at best buy instore and they didn't sell the apple care+ so I called this morning to apple care and they added it to my order no problem just needed the serial number of the phone and boom gave credit card number and was done. So I dunno if the person I talked to was just nice or what but either way I would try and call if you need to add it to an order and see what they say.

I noticed in my fine print with Verizon Wireless that it says that my iphone may not be used on another service provider's network even after my contract expires. Is this simply a matter of unlocking my phone to get it to work with AT&T, for example?

[quote name='kaseydme']I purchased my iPhone 4S on friday morning at best buy instore and they didn't sell the apple care+ so I called this morning to apple care and they added it to my order no problem just needed the serial number of the phone and boom gave credit card number and was done. So I dunno if the person I talked to was just nice or what but either way I would try and call if you need to add it to an order and see what they say.[/QUOTE]

Hadn't gotten a chance to update, but finally got Apple Care plus by calling though did get a bit of runaround. Basically the system wasn't properly set up to allow the sale of AC+ to anyone who preordered and according to the rep, Sprint and Verizon stores were also having sporadic issues all day Friday. Even the Apple Care phone line was rejecting calls with a recorded message to call back later. In the end, just waited 'til Saturday to call in and was done in 5 minutes

Also, was told were that anyone who preordered the phone will have 'til Nov 14 to buy it via a phone call. Otherwise, they want you to buy it at the point of sale

[quote name='E-Z-B']I noticed in my fine print with Verizon Wireless that it says that my iphone may not be used on another service provider's network even after my contract expires. Is this simply a matter of unlocking my phone to get it to work with AT&T, for example?[/QUOTE]

You won't be getting it to work with ATT since there is no sim card

[quote name='62t']You won't be getting it to work with ATT since there is no sim card[/QUOTE]
The 4S has a GSM SIM slot on all carriers

[quote name='skiizim']I have sprint and haven't had a contract for a few years. I like Sprint plans better than Att and Verizon but there service isn't as good. I might upgrade for this with a new plan, just for my information, these phones don't qualify for any kind of insurance correct?[/QUOTE]

Only applecare unless you insure it through an insurance company. Sprint isn't offering insurance at this time for the iPhone. That was one of the biggest issues for me when I had a 3g on ATT. Now my inspire 4g is insured for cheap and the out of contract price is similar.

Actually AT&T is offering a $9.99/month plan to insure the iPhone 4S.
It's brand new. The plan has a $199 deductible however.

bread's done
Back