iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='liquidgraffiti']Oh please can I have a rolando code ?
If anyone has home I can give you a reaper costume that came with the Infamous pre order.[/QUOTE]PM sent, and I'll send ya one myke, it's a worthwhile game. Locoroco basically with a few other tricks. Really good production value though for the iPhone.

[quote name='dallow']Wubb, you have a Touch?
Do you have Rolando, need a code?[/QUOTE]

Why yes, no, and yes. PMed ya, my man. :bow:

I hate to beg, but if anybody has a spare Rolando code, please let me know. Thanks!

edit: got one

[quote name='Taboner']Where would the codes be in my Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

It varies. Some people have stated they were by the checkout, some by the MP3 players, they could be with the iTunes cards (which are, themselves, scattered in several places throughout the store), and some have found them with the game subscription (WoW, Warhammer Online, Sims Cash) cards. If you don't find them, you might ask someone in the MP3 or phone areas, as I think those are the most likely places.

I could use a Rolando code if someone has an extra.

I'd have gone to get one myself but my car has been at the shop getting brakes and other fixes for like $800... yes I'm playing the pity card.

[quote name='dallow']PM sent, and I'll send ya one myke, it's a worthwhile game. Locoroco basically with a few other tricks. Really good production value though for the iPhone.[/QUOTE]

Check your PM Dallow.

[quote name='107proof']anyone have any spare rolando codes left. Just went by my Best Buy in Lexington and they were all out... Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

BOO YOU. I was there today, but I didn't even see them there before. lol.

Any chance someone could post a pic of what these Rolando cards look like?
I've been to a couple BB but not having any luck. Maybe an idea of what to look for might help. TIA.

Noticed Wild West Pinball went free last night/today. Worth downloading and checking out. Only one table, but it plays well.

[quote name='dignifiedb']Is Let's Golf only one player, or can my wife and I play each other (with or without the "push" feature)?[/QUOTE]

Just checked the options and there is Multiplayer with 'Hot Seat' and 'Wireless' listed as options. So looks like you can pass a single Touch back and forth.

[quote name='wubb']Noticed Wild West Pinball went free last night/today. Worth downloading and checking out. Only one table, but it plays well. [/QUOTE]

I just got Wild West, very good free game.

Ok seriously. No one is going to give you a free rolando. Stop talking about it here and move to the dedicated free rolando thread.

On another note, is anyone having as many appsniper problems as I am? Lots of crashes lately and games aren't showing up in search anymore.

Also, Harbor Master is out for 99 cents. It is a Flight Control clone.

Mecho Wars is on sale from $5 to $1. I'll probably grab it today. Be nice to have a lite version to give a try before buying, but it's one that interested me enough based on reviews that I'll drop a buck on it. I love that Peggle apparently started a trend of devs dropping $5 games to $1. :D

Hmm, Uniwar looks to be on sale for $0.99 as well. I'm not sure what it is normally priced at or how often it has a sale or if this is one of those deals where it's always been $1 and they are threatening to raise it at some undisclosed future date. Anybody know?

Oh and Word Play was free again yesterday, but they bumped it back to $1 now. I'd keep an eye on that if you like word games as it's an awesome boggle clone with online play. But I have had trouble finding people online the past few days. (My guess is they made it free for a short time to boost up the number of players enough to have a critical mass online. Guess I'll see if it worked...)

[quote name='wubb']Mecho Wars is on sale from $5 to $1. I'll probably grab it today. Be nice to have a lite version to give a try before buying, but it's one that interested me enough based on reviews that I'll drop a buck on it. I love that Peggle apparently started a trend of devs dropping $5 games to $1. :D

Hmm, Uniwar looks to be on sale for $0.99 as well. I'm not sure what it is normally priced at or how often it has a sale. Anybody know?

Oh and Word Play was free again yesterday, but they bumped it back to $1 now. I'd keep an eye on that if you like word games as it's an awesome boggle clone with online play. But I have had trouble finding people online the past few days. (My guess is they made it free for a short time to boost up the number of players enough to have a critical mass online. Guess I'll see if it worked...)[/QUOTE]

Mecho Wars looks pretty good, I'm tempted to buy it for both my wife and myself (you can't share these apps, can you?). I really need to slow down on getting apps, or hurry up and get an iPhone, lol.

Too bad Word Play went up, if I had known it was free yesterday, I would have downloaded it.

[quote name='guessed']Mecho Wars looks pretty good, I'm tempted to buy it for both my wife and myself (you can't share these apps, can you?). I really need to slow down on getting apps, or hurry up and get an iPhone, lol.

Too bad Word Play went up, if I had known it was free yesterday, I would have downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

you can share apps. just log-in to your itunes account on her phone or computer and re download the app, then you can log back out and she'll have the app for good. ( i do it with my gf all the time)

[quote name='guessed']Mecho Wars looks pretty good, I'm tempted to buy it for both my wife and myself (you can't share these apps, can you?). I really need to slow down on getting apps, or hurry up and get an iPhone, lol.

Too bad Word Play went up, if I had known it was free yesterday, I would have downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

Thought i'd add: Love your sig...TOO many times do i watch with my girlfriend to have her say.."i don't get it"

those are what make the show..fin!

[quote name='mang9432']you can share apps. just log-in to your itunes account on her phone or computer and re download the app, then you can log back out and she'll have the app for good. ( i do it with my gf all the time)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I tried this on my wifes computer downloaded it with me logged into itunes. It did not copy over to her phone. I think you used to be able to do this but they fixed this with the last itunes upgrade.

Lego Batman Gotham City Games has dropped from $4.99 to 99 cents.

Reviews are pretty brutal, but I kinda want to have a Batman icon on my Ipod screen.

Mecho Wars is pretty fun, but so far extremely easy. I'm on the 4th or 5th mission of the 3rd act and it's been fairly straight forward to stomp over the AI and win. Still worth $1 IMO.

Finished it up. Campaign is on the short side and stays consistently pretty easy. Game could use different difficulty levels. If all the side challenges are like the one I played (you and the AI start on even footing) they're also super easy. Not worth $5 based on what it currently has, but I was satisfied for $1. Hopefully the promised update will deliver.

Also game is a little buggy. Nothing that kills it, but I found if I turned off battle animations the game would freeze up after every battle. So I just left them on.

[quote name='107proof']Are you sure about this? I tried this on my wifes computer downloaded it with me logged into itunes. It did not copy over to her phone. I think you used to be able to do this but they fixed this with the last itunes upgrade.[/QUOTE]

my wife and I just have a shared itunes account, two ipod touches. I have mine set to sync all music, apps, etc, and hers is just set to sync apps. Works just fine.

[quote name='velvet396']my wife and I just have a shared itunes account, two ipod touches. I have mine set to sync all music, apps, etc, and hers is just set to sync apps. Works just fine.[/QUOTE]

I understand how yours works with a shared itunes account. My wife has her own itunes account and i have my own. But I log into Itunes on her computer as me to download the apps. When she sync's the apps under my account dont copy over, even though they are check marked to copy over. Must be because we have two seperate accounts. Before it would work, but now it doesnt so I think they fixed it in the latest itunes release.

[quote name='wubb']

Hmm, Uniwar looks to be on sale for $0.99 as well. I'm not sure what it is normally priced at or how often it has a sale or if this is one of those deals where it's always been $1 and they are threatening to raise it at some undisclosed future date. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

Uniwar has been jumping around from like $2.99 to $.99 ever since it's release. I bought it at release for $1 and honestly I played it for a day and just stopped. The whole map feels really cluttered it was easy to navigate and what not. But the map being cluttered was a deal breaker for me. But then I guess for $1 you can't go wrong.

After buying a whole bunch of .99 cent games, I was wondering... what guarantees that these games will work on firmware 3.0? This is like Apple shooting themselves in the foot by causing incompatibilities with a lot of their apps and counting on the original authors to add a new update.

I mean, if 3.0 breaks an app you paid money for... that's really shady business.

Yeah, I have and love 'One-Tap Dial' (IIRC) and it hasn't worked right since 3.0. It now takes longer to load and it's now two clicks to dial people.

[quote name='JazzFlight']After buying a whole bunch of .99 cent games, I was wondering... what guarantees that these games will work on firmware 3.0? This is like Apple shooting themselves in the foot by causing incompatibilities with a lot of their apps and counting on the original authors to add a new update.

I mean, if 3.0 breaks an app you paid money for... that's really shady business.[/QUOTE]

shouldn't it be on the developer to keep their apps/games up to date? they've had beta 3.0 out for a while so devs can get ready.

[quote name='Milkyman']shouldn't it be on the developer to keep their apps/games up to date? they've had beta 3.0 out for a while so devs can get ready.[/QUOTE]
I just think that with the vast number of apps, there are bound to be developers who no longer support their application/game. It's poor planning by Apple to update a device every year or so and break support for paid applications. There should have been some "compatibility mode" feature built into future firmwares to avoid this crap.

[quote name='107proof']I understand how yours works with a shared itunes account. My wife has her own itunes account and i have my own. But I log into Itunes on her computer as me to download the apps. When she sync's the apps under my account dont copy over, even though they are check marked to copy over. Must be because we have two seperate accounts. Before it would work, but now it doesnt so I think they fixed it in the latest itunes release.[/QUOTE]

have you tried doing it on the phone/ipod? (log in to your itunes on the actual device in the app store and re-download the app) it's possible it's broken in the newest itunes release, but i just recently did it with my GF's computer, and she has her own itunes account as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back