iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='daminion']I was going to pass on Taxiball (too many games already), but now that I know it's from a fellow CAG i'm in for 1.[/QUOTE]

After reading this post, I bought it. I like supporting fellow CAGs.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']This thread makes me glad I upgraded my 8GB 1G to a 32GB 3GS. LOL[/QUOTE]

lol, i'm in desperate need of more space. I have a 16gb 1gen iTouch. I would really like a 2G 32gb, plus, Zenonia lags a lot for me on some parts, idk if this is my 3.0 software talking or my "older" iTouch.

but i heard the 3G are supposed to be coming out soon, so i might wait for that.

Although...being in a plastic case most all it's life, i do have to say my touch is nearly flawless in cosmetic condition, i am satisfied with that, and who knows...that might help me slel it in the future.

jcp42877 - the word is that Apple refreshes the touch in September. What with all this talk going around that the 3G will come with a camera and mic, I'd say stick it out a couple more months and pick up the 3G. That's my plan. My 16GB 1G is in pretty good condition, not exceptional, but good enough. I hope to sell it for between $75-125 by the time the 3G comes out. Otherwise, I'll probably just give it to a friend or family member.

EDIT: I'm expecting the 3G iPod touch to contain the significant hardware improvements that the 3G S boasts. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation considering the 2G touch was more powerful than the iPhone 3G. This will probably be the last iPod I ever buy (at least for a long time), so I'm going to make sure it's worth it. I just hope I can get 16GB (min) to 32GB for $300.

EDIT 2: And it had better come with that camera and mic. I want both very badly.

Picked up Price is Right for $0.99. Well worth $0.99 if you have ever been a fan of the show. Haven't had any crashing problems either as mentioned by others.

[quote name='iowaholdem']jcp42877 - the word is that Apple refreshes the touch in September. What with all this talk going around that the 3G will come with a camera and mic, I'd say stick it out a couple more months and pick up the 3G. That's my plan. My 16GB 1G is in pretty good condition, not exceptional, but good enough. I hope to sell it for between $75-125 by the time the 3G comes out. Otherwise, I'll probably just give it to a friend or family member.

EDIT: I'm expecting the 3G iPod touch to contain the significant hardware improvements that the 3G S boasts. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation considering the 2G touch was more powerful than the iPhone 3G. This will probably be the last iPod I ever buy (at least for a long time), so I'm going to make sure it's worth it. I just hope I can get 16GB (min) to 32GB for $300.

EDIT 2: And it had better come with that camera and mic. I want both very badly.[/QUOTE]

camera and mic would be great. i mean, considering the 32gb will be around $350-400 (hopefully), we're intially paying for the iPhone just without service. i mean, i really dont know why they'd go over that price.

i do hope its somewhat cheap though, when movies by themselves come in at 1.7-2gb alone, you really have to decide what you REALLY need/want on your ipod.

Guys/Gals, i need a little help here... i'm looking for a puzzle game for iPhone/Touch, but i'm not sure iTune have it. Basically, it's a puzzle game, it known as Cuboid on PSN or Bloxorz on-line (flash type of game). Do they have something like that on iTune? It doesn't need to be free or 99 cents, willing to pay full price :)

Almost certainly, tonight Taxiball's going up a buck from $0.99 to $1.99. It'll go up every day, unless it manages to crack the top 100 Paid Games. I know this may sound like a nonsensical way to improve sales, but that's not the actual goal. It's part of a contest - I'm just letting you know before it pops up. It'll work its way back, a dollar a day, to its normal price of $4.99.

Thanks!
seppo

[quote name='Serpentor']Guys/Gals, i need a little help here... i'm looking for a puzzle game for iPhone/Touch, but i'm not sure iTune have it. Basically, it's a puzzle game, it known as Cuboid on PSN or Bloxorz on-line (flash type of game). Do they have something like that on iTune? It doesn't need to be free or 99 cents, willing to pay full price :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its from the same people, but CubicMan appears to be a remake / clone of Cuboid. There's a lite (free/demo) and premium (full game / $2.99).

Lite:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287137429&mt=8

Deluxe:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284147909&mt=8

Reviews seem to be good, let us know how it is!

Zenonia just dropped to 2.99

Edit: Whoopsies, didn't see this in the previous pages. Worth a bump though in case anybody missed that such as myself :)

Glad I grabbed taxiball ... I think a lot more people would pick it up if they knew about it... Anyone looking for a quality labyrinth or tilt style game should grab it.

Btw I noticed uniwar is 2.99... Anyone ever see it at .99? Is it a game you can play forever (like chess) or does it get dull after a while ?

[quote name='Serpentor']Guys/Gals, i need a little help here... i'm looking for a puzzle game for iPhone/Touch, but i'm not sure iTune have it. Basically, it's a puzzle game, it known as Cuboid on PSN or Bloxorz on-line (flash type of game). Do they have something like that on iTune? It doesn't need to be free or 99 cents, willing to pay full price :)[/QUOTE]

you're looking for Nintaii currently on sale for $0.99 as luck would have it.
if you're not convinced by the screenshots, there's a lite version as well.

I know nothing of Cuboid, but it's pretty much exactly like Bloxorz.

[quote name='SCR5']Glad I grabbed taxiball ... I think a lot more people would pick it up if they knew about it... Anyone looking for a quality labyrinth or tilt style game should grab it.

Btw I noticed uniwar is 2.99... Anyone ever see it at .99? Is it a game you can play forever (like chess) or does it get dull after a while ?[/QUOTE]

It was 99 cents for a long time. I think it recently (within the last few weeks) went up in price.

[quote name='mkernan']Not sure if its from the same people, but CubicMan appears to be a remake / clone of Cuboid. There's a lite (free/demo) and premium (full game / $2.99).

Lite:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287137429&mt=8

Deluxe:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284147909&mt=8

Reviews seem to be good, let us know how it is![/QUOTE]

Mucho thanks dude! Okay, i've tried the CubicMan Lite (just to be safe). Well, the control is not too good (duh, i'm used to the controllers). However, at $3, it's descent, thanks again!

[quote name='blue ocarina']you're looking for Nintaii currently on sale for $0.99 as luck would have it.
if you're not convinced by the screenshots, there's a lite version as well.

I know nothing of Cuboid, but it's pretty much exactly like Bloxorz.[/QUOTE]

This one plays better, thanks!!! The block and tiles are bigger (99 cents too :)) i haven't play all the levels yet, but i doubt it's going to be harder than PSN's Cuboid (Professional Pack).

Thanks again for the help fellow CAGs!

Not a game, but I was looking last night for a better way to read the Washington Post site on my phone, and found an app called News Addict that provides access to a whole bunch of different news sources (most major US newspapers, CNN, NPR, BBC, etc.) and even lets you watch video and listen to audio from the sites. It says it covers 41 news sites, though I haven't counted them to confirm. The navigation is easy, and it appears to do a good job of formatting the stories for the iPhone screen.

The only problem that I've found with it so far is that you can't edit the list of news sources to get rid of the ones you don't want (*cough*Fox News*cough*).

Currently on sale for 99 cents, and well worth it from what I've seen so far.

apparently either this week or next week Konami is slicing the price of all its games such as MGS Touch, Silent Scope, Silent Hill, etc. up to 60% off.

I hear that MGS Touch will prob be in the $2-$3 range.

Sweet, I've been hoping for a sale on Metal Gear.

Chronicles of Inotia is 99 cents right now.

Also, iCollider and Railroad Madness are currently free

Mecho Wars is 0.99 for a limited time. Not sure I like the reviews. Anyone have any experience with it? How is it compared to Uniwar?

The update fixed pretty much every issue I had with Mecho Wars. I never really got into Uniwar enough to give an accurate comparison, but since the update it can hold it's own against Advance Wars, especially when taking price into account.

Touch Attack! Games is also free for awhile. Looks like a collection of stylized simon, memory, and whack-a-mole games.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently either this week or next week Konami is slicing the price of all its games such as MGS Touch, Silent Scope, Silent Hill, etc. up to 60% off.

I hear that MGS Touch will prob be in the $2-$3 range.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Hope that includes DDR. I've been wanting to grab that forever, but don't really like paying over $5 for iphone apps.

The Secret of Monkey Island SE is out. Apparently you can hot swap between the SE and the original. Price is 7.99
Kind of steep, but nostalgia is a bitch.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']The Secret of Monkey Island SE is out. Apparently you can hot swap between the SE and the original. Price is 7.99
Kind of steep, but nostalgia is a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I have it on XBLA and its awesome. I'm tempted to buy it again for my iPhone just to support their efforts and encourage more releases like that.

[quote name='ZForce']Sweet, I've been hoping for a sale on Metal Gear.

Chronicles of Inotia is 99 cents right now.

Also, iCollider and Railroad Madness are currently free[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up, a friend has iCollider and it's pretty cool. I will pick it up for free :D Ill check out railroad just cause it's free too :)

[quote name='nodoctors']pipe mania has just dropped from 4.99 to 99 cents for the weekend. definitely worth the dollar pick up.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Pipe Mania says .99 in the search but when I go to buy the game it still says $4.99. Does the sale start tomorrow?

Also does anyone else have problems with Pandora Box failing to "unable to download data from server"? It is very hit & miss for me at times.

[quote name='iAlCaPwn']does anyone know where i can get a touch cheap?[/QUOTE]

wait a couple of months, they are coming out with new ones with faster internet browser and a camera.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Pipe Mania says .99 in the search but when I go to buy the game it still says $4.99. Does the sale start tomorrow? [/QUOTE]

Here is what I did:
Navigate to the description page for the game, click the tab at the top that says "Pipe Mania".
It will refresh the page and say .99.

I have browsed thru this thread, but don't think I'll make it thru 82 pages... My question is, are there any limitied time "free" games out right now I should get before they begin to cost $$$...

I have no $$$ to my account and I am constantly looking to upgrade my gaming section on my iPhone. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='davidmt']Here is what I did:
Navigate to the description page for the game, click the tab at the top that says "Pipe Mania".
It will refresh the page and say .99.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm at the description page ( I take it you mean "Info"?) and I don't see where I can refresh it. At the top it just says Info and below that is the name Pipe Mania with the graphic logo. I'm getting here by searching the game.

Just to be clear, it says .99 at the search page, but when I click into the game (the info page) it says $4.99.

some quality free stuff right now:

swapBOX
Alien Invader (dont know if still free)
smackBots (don't know if still free)
Waterslide
Touch Gloves (more a very cool tech demo than game)
iSplume
Topple
Pew Pew
Space Deadbeef
Wild West Pinball

there's others but those are good or decent ones I remember.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Ok, I'm at the description page ( I take it you mean "Info"?) and I don't see where I can refresh it. At the top it just says Info and below that is the name Pipe Mania with the graphic logo. I'm getting here by searching the game.

Just to be clear, it says .99 at the search page, but when I click into the game (the info page) it says $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant once on the Info page, in iTunes there are some tabs at the top:
App Store / Games / Pipe Mania

Each "tab" can be clicked, and clicking "Pipe Mania" refreshes the info page and reflected the .99 price.

(Maybe the issue is I'm using a Mac, but I thought iTunes looked the same on both PC and Mac).

BUT - I just tried again and it looks like it is working as it should. It should show .99 everywhere now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']some quality free stuff right now:

swapBOX
Alien Invader (dont know if still free)
smackBots (don't know if still free)
Waterslide
Touch Gloves (more a very cool tech demo than game)
iSplume
Topple
Pew Pew
Space Deadbeef
Wild West Pinball

there's others but those are good or decent ones I remember.[/QUOTE]

Great list! thanks for the post. I somehow overlooked a couple of these.
I cannot find Touch Gloves after a few roundabout searches. Any tips?

Aurora Feint looks like a cool game, but can someone explain to me the differences between the two free versions, the $1.99 version (Aurora Feint 2: The beginning) and the 4.99 version (Arena Daemons)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']The Secret of Monkey Island SE is out. Apparently you can hot swap between the SE and the original. Price is 7.99
Kind of steep, but nostalgia is a bitch.[/QUOTE]

It received somewhat bad reviews (ok it was ign but still) for the iPhone version. Personally I'm skipping it until it'd .99...

so the awesome konami sale has been going on in other areas except for the US...so if you live in the states, it looks like we might be shaq out of luck. but we still have the rest of the weekend to see what happens.

as for games that go on sale for free for limited times...they pop up literally every single day. you have to stay on top of app related sites like toucharcade so you know when the worthwhile apps get discounted to free99

[quote name='SCR5']It received somewhat bad reviews (ok it was ign but still) for the iPhone version. Personally I'm skipping it until it'd .99...[/QUOTE]

i bought this game the second it appeared on the app store. my initial impressions were also a bit on the rough side due to the interface. i only had one problem, and that was the fact that i had to drag this cursor around instead of being able to tap my finger wherever i wanted to move guybrush and use his verbs. however, it only took about a half hour for me to fully adjust to the control system and it's actually a decent scheme now that i'm in the groove. also, double tap uses the appropriate verb for whatever item you want to interract with, so there's no constant menu click->item clicking going on. but you can still experiment with the other verbs as always.

minor control issues aside, this game is freaking amazing guys. it's the monkey island that most of us here know and love...but better. if you want to own it on the go on a gorgeous portable screen, this is it. do not let the ign review deter you, as the controls are easy to adjust to, and once you've gotten over that, it's nothing but one of the best adventure games of all time at your fingertips. if that's not worth owning for 7.99, then think about how much faster lucasarts will move on to bringing over more classics(grim fandango perhaps?!) to the iphone if the support for MI:SE is very strong. really, this is a no brainer. if you have an iphone and you're an old school gamer...you will already have this on your iphone and you're just reading this because you're severely bored. now let's all kick back with a pint of GROG in celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back