iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is not the right thread- but I have a few Rolando redemption codes for trade. If interested, PM me. I am willing to part with them very cheap.

[quote name='trunks982']everyday and every page i see rolento's sig. it was funny at first but its just too much.[/QUOTE]

>_<

Let me know if I should change it. I will at your request.

also, glad to see minogore released... got it and just glad the wait is over... that forum on touch arcade turned from something good to a very sad state.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']F.A.S.T. hit .99 today... not my type of game, but I can easily say I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

@ .99 I'll bite. Downloading it now, hopefully I'll get a chance to play it on lunch and I'll post my thoughts here.

minigore = win! is there not a way to regain health after you get hit once? i thought for sure I would regain full health once i got a 3rd clover again....

Sorry to crowbar this in here. Is there an app that can play MP3s that you can bookmark where you left off? I'm coming from a Creative Labs Zen and using the ipod feature on my iphone is great except when listening to something hours long and not being able to get to where you left off.
Thanks.

the third clover will get you to change into a monster. yeah hopefully there's something that can extend your life. highest score so far is 1738. after a while my fingers gets really stuck on the screen, i have to use a part of my shirt to easily glide myself around but it covers half of that screen. controls in minigore are way better than isotope. with that said, i hope they can find another way to control these type of games without settling for a dual virtual stick. although enjoyable, it feels very forced.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Sorry to crowbar this in here. Is there an app that can play MP3s that you can bookmark where you left off? I'm coming from a Creative Labs Zen and using the ipod feature on my iphone is great except when listening to something hours long and not being able to get to where you left off.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The App is called iTunes :bouncy:

Super easy. Just get info on the MP3 within iTunes (on your computer), go to the Options tab, check the box "Remember Playback Position".

You can do one at a time or select your entire library and do this. If you do more than one, you get a small pull down menu to the right of "Remember Playback Position" and you choose 'yes' or 'no'.

Podcasts downloaded via the iTunes store should already be setup for this. If you're acquiring your long audio files from somewhere else then you'll need to do the above.

I finally purchase Rolando, and even though I am very late to the game, I'll have to say, it is alot of fun and a great experience on the iPhone.

I didn't think it would be my type of game, but I am really enjoying the controls, graphics, and story.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Sorry to crowbar this in here. Is there an app that can play MP3s that you can bookmark where you left off? I'm coming from a Creative Labs Zen and using the ipod feature on my iphone is great except when listening to something hours long and not being able to get to where you left off.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

In iTunes (on your computer), select the tracks you want to have resume for, and then Get Info on them (you can do them all at once). Right click and you'll find "Get Info" in the context menu, or on a Mac you can press command-i, on Windows I presume it's ctrl-i, and obviously you can also just pick "Get Info" from the menus (in the "File" menu). In the info window, click the "Options" tab at the top and then set "Remember position" to "YES" and click the OK button. Sync your iPod/iPhone.

EDIT: people often complain about iTunes, but actually it's pretty awesome, especially if you start playing around with smart playlists and everything possible there.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']>_<

Let me know if I should change it. I will at your request.

also, glad to see minogore released... got it and just glad the wait is over... that forum on touch arcade turned from something good to a very sad state.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but whats wrong with it? (other than the large amount of What should I buy? threads :p ) I tend to lurk this thread and toucharcade for opinions and new game info. A lot of the other "iphone gaming" sites are fine for reviews but their forums are very inactive.

I was able to grab one more Rolando code at Best Buy last night - up for grabs! I'd trade it for a Pepsi Rock Band code or two...PM Me!

[quote name='oxidative']The App is called iTunes :bouncy:

Super easy. Just get info on the MP3 within iTunes (on your computer), go to the Options tab, check the box "Remember Playback Position".

You can do one at a time or select your entire library and do this. If you do more than one, you get a small pull down menu to the right of "Remember Playback Position" and you choose 'yes' or 'no'.

Podcasts downloaded via the iTunes store should already be setup for this. If you're acquiring your long audio files from somewhere else then you'll need to do the above.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!! Many thanks to you & chrunchchewy.

To expand on what they said, Viva Las Vegas, audiobooks and Podcasts remember playback position by default. If you're creating your own large MP3's or M4a/M4b for audiobooks, you can run it through some programs (or I *think* you can do it direct in iTunes now) to make iTunes/iPods recognize it as an audiobook, too. That'll make the device remember the playback position, too.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I know this is not the right thread- but I have a few Rolando redemption codes for trade. If interested, PM me. I am willing to part with them very cheap.[/QUOTE]

Of course you'd be willing to part with them for cheap--they expire tomorrow, and you want people to pay for something you picked up free.

^_^ Why not be a true CAG and just give them away to the needy and wanting, like I did? I mean, I'm no saint, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

[quote name='powersurge']Just curious but whats wrong with it? (other than the large amount of What should I buy? threads :p ) I tend to lurk this thread and toucharcade for opinions and new game info. A lot of the other "iphone gaming" sites are fine for reviews but their forums are very inactive.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the upcoming thread for minigore it went from informative and good to people posting random shit each day because they couldn't wait.

basically it turned into a gamefaqs thread.

[quote name='natefuller232']what exactly is a rolondo code? I know of the game but not the code. What does it do, can anyone tell me?[/QUOTE]

lets u get it for free

[quote name='frankcastle']Yeah if anyone has an extra Rolando code and wants to help out a fellow cag with a new iPhone I would very much appreciate it[/QUOTE]
already asked haha. most want to trade for pepsi caps which i dont have any :(

I think I have a spare one lying around here somewhere... I need to go find it. It might have already expired, I remember reading something about an expiration in July.

I'm also interested in a code, if anyone has any spares that they are willing to part with. I checked my Best Buy, but they didn't have any.

Back on track - Iphone games on sale - Bookworm is 99 cents right now down from $5. Cheers! One of those word games from popcap. Ends August 5th it says. I have been waiting for the 99 cent price.

So is Minigore an iDracula type game? Is there anything better with Minigore that would make me want to buy it if I don't play iDracula that much.

[quote name='cycophuk']So is Minigore an iDracula type game? Is there anything better with Minigore that would make me want to buy it if I don't play iDracula that much.[/QUOTE]Yes, MiniGore is like iDracula but with seemingly less enemies, less guns, fewer upgrades, more style. They also have integrated Open Feint for online leaderboards and such. They do have updates in the works that include (at least) local co-op and unlockable achievements.

So if you dislike iDracula, this probably won't do it for you. But if you at all like iDracula, and would like a new spin on it, pick it up! It's only $0.99.

Minigore is getting episodic updates like PocketGod. Their next update is supposed to have co-op, radar, and a few other things. Though they're voting now if people want to have a quick update of having an auto-save feature (mainly iPhone users) and the radar.

Not quite true, LancerEvoX.

The "quick" update will have just the radar and probably a new version of OpenFeint. The future update will include the (bluetooth only) co-op and saving feature.

That is what I said, though I should've probably put a pause between the two sentences.

From there Twitter:
We have the radar, the third health (John Gore with the bandana), automatic saving and loading of the game and all new OpenFeint version in.

Oh, well my mistake. I thought that saving wasn't working yet and would be part of the bigger update.

Either way, I've voted that they push out any release they've got without waiting for more features.

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Back on track - Iphone games on sale - Bookworm is 99 cents right now down from $5. Cheers! One of those word games from popcap. Ends August 5th it says. I have been waiting for the 99 cent price.[/QUOTE]

probably would have missed that, thanks for the post. I love word games like this, I can't imagine it could be any worse than the competition if it's coming from popcap.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Anyone want to give me a rundown on what Bookworm is?[/QUOTE]

Several tiles have letters on them. You have to make words from the letters. It's an older game, been around for years, and it's highly addictive. I bought it at $5 and it's the most-used game on my iPhone.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Anyone want to give me a rundown on what Bookworm is?[/QUOTE]

sorta like an updated arcade version of boggle. its along the lines of scramble. addicting especially if you like those types of word games.

Bookworm is well worth $5. I think you can get the PC demo if you search for it.
Highly addictive and top notch production on the iphone/touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back