iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nodoubt']If you ever played Devil Dice on psx...

Promos:
T9A6LRLRTRTY[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I used T9A6LRLRTRTY. I'll have to check it out.

well i just bought devil must die by accident. fucking elbow hit the mouse button, and there is no confirmation when you click the buy button in itunes. oh well. hope it's good.

[quote name='SnotRocket']R9J6KH37APLH used.

Took me forever to find the redeem button on the iphone. They moved it![/QUOTE]

I don't have any idea where that is. Didn't even know you could do it on the iPhone. What I've done is to redeem in iTunes on my computer at work, and then just "re-download" it on my iPhone, which is free (though it doesn't tell you that until after you enter your password.)

[quote name='NatiRedGals']sad all devil codes have been used and not everyone said they used one :( Thanks though![/QUOTE]

ya bummer. thought there were some left, but guess not.

thanks for the free trials though.

[quote name='NatiRedGals']sad all devil codes have been used and not everyone said they used one :( Thanks though![/QUOTE]

The only 3 that weren't reported used are:

ML9L7ML33AYM
R6HNHEFTHJW4
994XKHR9JJ66

So, at least most were reported.

Bah, all codes already used. Hey guys? It would be nice if you'd post when you use a code. First of all, it's cool to thank the guy who provided it for you, and secondly, it saves the rest of us the effort of trying a bunch of codes that no longer work.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't have any idea where that is. Didn't even know you could do it on the iPhone. What I've done is to redeem in iTunes on my computer at work, and then just "re-download" it on my iPhone, which is free (though it doesn't tell you that until after you enter your password.)[/QUOTE]

Yea it's under the iTunes store, then under the music tab, all the way at the bottom "redeem code". It used to have it's own tab but looks like they recently moved it?

[quote name='guessed']The only 3 that weren't reported used are:

ML9L7ML33AYM
R6HNHEFTHJW4
994XKHR9JJ66

So, at least most were reported.[/QUOTE]

Looks like those were redeemed as well.

[quote name='SnotRocket']Yea it's under the iTunes store, then under the music tab, all the way at the bottom "redeem code". It used to have it's own tab but looks like they recently moved it?[/QUOTE]

It's also in the App Store, under the Featured tab, then under New and down at the bottom of the page.

[quote name='arcane93']It's also in the App Store, under the Featured tab, then under New and down at the bottom of the page.[/QUOTE]

I don't seem to have it there on my touch - but I have it in iTunes on the downloads tab - Redeem button on top left.

[quote name='bordjon']I don't seem to have it there on my touch - but I have it in iTunes on the downloads tab - Redeem button on top left.[/QUOTE]

Have you updated to 3.0? I believe it moved in this latest version.

Was shocked to see this one drop:

689440.png
Marple - $0.99, down from $1.99.

Great puzzler, once you understand the game.

1,000,000 fiendishly clever puzzles to play so don't expect to run out of them any time soon!
At 3 minutes / puzzle, 1 hour / day = ca. 137 years of puzzles!

[quote name='mkernan']I've heard good things, so I'll bite at $2.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if this is off-topic, but, ...Can anyone compare this to geoDefense? It's my favorite such game at the moment

[quote name='walletandgromice']I dont know if this is off-topic, but, ...Can anyone compare this to geoDefense? It's my favorite such game at the moment[/QUOTE]

I would like to know as well. TIA

Uniwar dropped to $.99.

That being said, any CAG impressions? It looks like an iPhone advance wars, if that's the case I'm sold, but I'd like to be sure.

[quote name='dmunkee']Uniwar dropped to $.99.

That being said, any CAG impressions? It looks like an iPhone advance wars, if that's the case I'm sold, but I'd like to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Its very similiar to advance wars, uses hex area instead of squares (like mecho wars). three different races (think starcraft). I have sunk a fair amount of time into it.

[quote name='donburns99']Was shocked to see this one drop:

689440.png
Marple - $0.99, down from $1.99.

Great puzzler, once you understand the game.

1,000,000 fiendishly clever puzzles to play so don't expect to run out of them any time soon!
At 3 minutes / puzzle, 1 hour / day = ca. 137 years of puzzles![/QUOTE]

I concur. Took me a bit to learn the game, but it is definitely addictive and really forces you to think. If you're into Sudoku, I think it's more than worth the buck.

And Defender Chronicles is definitely worth a buck, but I don't think it's one of the best on the platform, or one of the top 5 tower defense games. It is a good time, though.

It's not really a deal since it's the original price, but that price is good. I can recommend Q-bert Deluxe at $1.99. If you loved the original game you will love this version - swipe controls work beautifully for q-bert since the game operates on angles. You've got the original graphics version, modernized graphics with the original levels, and then all new "jungle" levels. So far I must say that I prefer the original levels, but maybe the jungle levels will grow on me, especially if I can get past the first jungle level. :) Game screen could bigger, at least for the modern graphics version, but otherwise this is great.

anyone play towermadness: 3d or sentinel. Just saw towermadness on bargain bin for .99 when original price was at 2.99

[quote name='face02']I concur. Took me a bit to learn the game, but it is definitely addictive and really forces you to think. If you're into Sudoku, I think it's more than worth the buck.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. Marple is an excellent sudoku style puzzler. I bought this for the dollar and it's really great once you get a feel for it! Glad I risked the dollar purchase.

[quote name='nayrr21']anyone play towermadness: 3d or sentinel. Just saw towermadness on bargain bin for .99 when original price was at 2.99[/QUOTE]

Sentinel is pretty good, Great graphics, pretty cool game with a few additions that add to the challenge. I picked it up a while back, My favorite is still The Creeps, but a decent tower defense game. If its $0.99 then it would be a no brainer.

[quote name='donburns99']
421643.png
Not exactly a game, but My Stuff is finally on sale again at 40% off, from $5 to $3.

Good for organizing game and movie collections. ^ ^[/QUOTE]

Might try this one out. I'm still looking for a good replacement for Handy Shopper for palm. Everything I tried so far as issues and or bugs that I can't get past. To bad there does not appear to be a desk side component that would allow you to enter stuff from the pc and then upload to the ipod.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Might try this one out. I'm still looking for a good replacement for Handy Shopper for palm. Everything I tried so far as issues and or bugs that I can't get past. To bad there does not appear to be a desk side component that would allow you to enter stuff from the pc and then upload to the ipod.[/QUOTE]

Correction you can use csv files on the pc and upload via wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back