iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minigore is good IMHO for .99 and from what is known from the updates (co-op + more). Go into it expecting a simple setup with alot of personality and you'll enjoy it. Also be sure to set it at expert or it may be boring.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Any thoughts on Wolfenstein RPG?[/QUOTE]

here's a thought for ya...it's hands down the single greatest app i've ever played yet. and that's a lot of apps. the gameplay, the story, the controls, the humor, the violence, the visuals...everything is exactly where it needs to be. it took everything Doom RPG mobile did right and dialed it to 11. i can't wait to see what they do for Doom RPG on the iphone. buy it as soon as you can. i couldn't recommend it any more.

[quote name='nodoctors']here's a thought for ya...it's hands down the single greatest app i've ever played yet. and that's a lot of apps. the gameplay, the story, the controls, the humor, the violence, the visuals...everything is exactly where it needs to be. it took everything Doom RPG mobile did right and dialed it to 11. i can't wait to see what they do for Doom RPG on the iphone. buy it as soon as you can. i couldn't recommend it any more.[/QUOTE]Well, you talkedi t up enough for me to want to get it at $0.99 when it was on sale, but I waited too long and now it's back up to $4.99. Damn.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Well, you talkedi t up enough for me to want to get it at $0.99 when it was on sale, but I waited too long and now it's back up to $4.99. Damn.[/QUOTE]
Unless I am mistaken, Wolf RPG hasn't been on sale yet as it just came out. Might you be thinking of Wolf3D, which recently went on sale for $0.99?

yeah, only wolfenstein 3-D went on sale/is still on sale for .99 cents. it's an excellent trip down memory lane and plays as smooth as silk. it's another app that any old school fps fan should already own. wolfenstein rpg, however, has always been at the 4.99 price point. i'm having more fun with it than dozens of games i've spent 40-60 on. it's definitely worth the pickup at that price, believe me.

and i just noticed a review on the main app page for wolf rpg that's similar to my previous post...and it's by a doctor. :bomb:

[quote name='greggysasaki']Convertbot is free for a limited time. It's a pretty good unit conversion app. I like the fact that it's customizable. For example, when wanting to convert currencies, I am able to choose from 136 types of currencies and enable which ones I would like to be available in the main menu. This way, I wouldn't have to scroll through all the 136 different types of currencies.[/QUOTE]

I'm really digging this app, thanks.

[quote name='2K Games']ON SALE FOR 24 HOURS! Originally priced at $9.99, this sale will end August 15th.[/QUOTE]
fun fact: according to it's description the sale on Civ Rev ended a day before it started.

Also Light Jockey is free for a limited time. I believe it was taken down for awhile because I heard about it when I stumbled on Auditorium (browser game) and it wasn't on the app store anymore.

Anyone else's account messed up?

It's not showing how much money I have in my account in iTunes, and my purchase history is all messed up.

metasquares is free right now. I picked it up when it was free a while back and really enjoyed it. It's a simple game but it's fun and free!

I also picked up Civ Rev after playing the demo on my touch 2g with 2.0 software for hours. The demo WAS slow and laggy - the full version is very, very snappy and quick!

Did a bit of searching and found a game called "Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor" which had a perfect 5 star review score. I gave it a shot and have to say that this game is amazing. You're a spider walking through this old manor and have to web and trap different bugs to move on to the next room. It's much more fun that it sounds. I think I paid 2.99.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Did a bit of searching and found a game called "Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor" which had a perfect 5 star review score. I gave it a shot and have to say that this game is amazing. You're a spider walking through this old manor and have to web and trap different bugs to move on to the next room. It's much more fun that it sounds. I think I paid 2.99.[/QUOTE]

A bit of searching? The game's currently featured on the App Store homepage. On top of that, there's been extensive coverage of it on TouchArcade. :p

But I agree, it's a good game. A true steal at $2.99--it's easily worth more.

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']A bit of searching? The game's currently featured on the App Store homepage. On top of that, there's been extensive coverage of it on TouchArcade. :p

But I agree, it's a good game. A true steal at $2.99--it's easily worth more.[/QUOTE]

Oh :lol:
I was just doing a search on the phone the other night and saw it had a perfect review score

+1 on bargainbin over pandora. Better sorting options and push notifications, plus you can set up a wish list for apps you want and a price point you'll bite on. A1!

man... tempted to get sims...

one thing bargain bin lacks that pandora has is the "New Apps" section... Bargain bin only has sales... I love it though, but it's missing that key thing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man... tempted to get sims...

one thing bargain bin lacks that pandora has is the "New Apps" section... Bargain bin only has sales... I love it though, but it's missing that key thing.[/QUOTE]
I don't even look at the new apps section. I wait until there are ratings before I bite on anything. Also, speaking of Pandora, why the heck did they stop providing the rating on their lists?

[quote name='lllGurulll']I don't even look at the new apps section. I wait until there are ratings before I bite on anything. Also, speaking of Pandora, why the heck did they stop providing the rating on their lists?[/QUOTE]

there's usually some good stuff that's free for a limited time.

[quote name='TheRock88']2 EA games dropped in price today.

Wolfenstein RPG - $2.99
Sims 3 - $6.99[/QUOTE]

This blows, I figured where Wolf RPG just came out that it wouldn't go on sale anytime soon. So, I finally convinced myself and bought it last night. :bomb:

Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from iTunes for a purchase that was so close to a price change?

[quote name='hollowfreak']This blows, I figured where Wolf RPG just came out that it wouldn't go on sale anytime soon. So, I finally convinced myself and bought it last night. :bomb:

Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from iTunes for a purchase that was so close to a price change?[/QUOTE]

Nah, they dont do price changes.

I remember buying Car Jack Streets for something like $5 when it originally came out and then a couple of days later it dropped to $1. Nothing feels worse than buying an app and it drops in price the next day. :bomb:

saw the Wolf RPG, Sims 3, and NFS:Undercover price drops on TA.
Didn't need any more convincing to add Wolf RPG to my backlog. Any recommendations either way on Sims 3?

hey guys i'm holding a contest on CAG in the Contests/Free Stuff Forums. Its an easy contest for a free promo code for Dragon's Lair. I hope u guys check it out!

[quote name='bordjon']metasquares is free right now. I picked it up when it was free a while back and really enjoyed it. It's a simple game but it's fun and free![/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing! Metasquares is pretty fun!

I just think it's weird that Wolfenstein RPG asks you if you really want to use syringes and if you want to load but when it comes to handling that single save slot it overwrites it so easily! :lol:

Just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I've found some great apps through this and appreciate it. Still have yet to play D. Chronicles after I bought it a week or two ago. Gotta get through Rolando 1 first.

I still need to buy Rolondo 1, but i'm hoping for a cheaper price (missed out on the Best Buy free codes because people stole them like crazy) since the 2nd is out

Wolfenstein RPG is well worth the $2.99 price tag. The turn based system works well and the medal collection is cool. Played it for about an hour and can't seem to put it down.

After winning Doom: Res I like it a lot less; If anyone is curious it has some new free DLC that came out a few days ago. I think Prey is my next purchase.

[quote name='fazfznz']For those who haven't, check out Big Fun Racing. 3D Racing game that is currently FREE for introduction. Can't beat that price[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... but only the lite version is free.... the full game is $1.99.

[quote name='fazfznz']For those who haven't, check out Big Fun Racing. 3D Racing game that is currently FREE for introduction. Can't beat that price[/QUOTE]
It shows $1.99 on my Touch.

[quote name='lllGurulll']It shows $1.99 on my Touch.[/QUOTE]
search "big fun racing free" and it will show up under a different icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back