iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zizo79']search "big fun racing free" and it will show up under a different icon[/QUOTE]
Confirmed. That works. Weird way to do a sale though. heh

Thanks

EDIT

Game is a pain in the butt to control.

Not a game, but a nice app all the same for remote PC/Mac access.

Also, the first time it's ever been on sale, and only for 4 hours until 2PM EDT.

616801.png
LogMeIn Ignition - $19.99 (down from $29.99)

[quote name='locashcrimering']Big fun racing free is their lite version. Read the description. The full version is still 1.99.[/QUOTE]

I read the description (did you?) -- "so don't wait and get the full game with all levels for FREE!"

Pole Position: Remix is also on sale for $2.99

as to the Big Fun Racing Free discussion, from one of the reviews it would appear there was a lite version previously, but now they put up an ad-supported version of the full game for free.

[quote name='locashcrimering']Big fun racing free is their lite version. Read the description. The full version is still 1.99.[/QUOTE]
No, it really is the full version. I doubt I will be playing it though. First couple of levels were not very fun for me. Not really a fan of racing games on the iphone though. Steering is never accurate.

Anyone here play The Witcher? I loved the game and really liked the Dice game on it. That would be a great iPhone app. Is there another on the iPhone thats a lot like it?

Weird, I thought Civ Rev went back up to $9.99 after their weekend sale, but it's now $4.99, not sure if it's a permanent price drop or a sale.

Been absolutely loving Wolfenstein RPG.

While it is "turn based" strategy, it really feels like it's "real time" play. The game controls very well, the humor is entertaining, the story is, well, weak. I've sunk about 2.5 hours into the game so far and have every intention of completing the game. My biggest gripe about the game is the poor animations. The character art is all nice, but they're very flat and have very few frames of animation. That's minor though as the gameplay holds up so well.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is this the same as the atlus published XBL game?[/QUOTE]

Only difference is that there are no bigger boards to play on due to the screen size restriction.

[quote name='DtotheP']circuit_strike.one is on sale for $.99. Can anyone vouch for it? Chillingo is pretty consistent...[/QUOTE]

twin stick shooter similar to geometry wars doesn't work really well in iphone because your fingers will obstruct some of part of the screen. but shooters like minigore works just fine. I had high hopes for Isotope and this one but it failed to deliver. for circuit_strike.one, the controls were unresponsive some times and the ship moves too slow.

a vertical shooter (e.g. siberian, space invaders ig) works better because your ship is in the bottom of your screen.

you should try the lite version first.

I just want to reiterate RR's heads-up - Sim City is on sale for $2.99. Based on the reviews, you might need to clear some of your iPhone's memory to properly run the game.

if you're looking for a photoshop-like tool for your iphone, Photogene is on sale this weekend only - from 2.99 to 0.99.

ChocChocPop is free thru this weekend. It's one of those match-3 tpye games, but it's actually quite good.

Underworlds is back to .99 for anyone who may have missed it when it was on sale last time (like me).

And this isn't a sale or anything, but I just wanted to say that The Quest is a great RPG... far and away the best one I've played on the iPod, or any other system recently. The 5.99 price tag kept me away for a while, but it's easily worth every last penny!

[quote name='ZForce']Alphabetic is free right now, and well worth checking out.[/QUOTE]
Giving it a try. Big thanks to you and everyone else that posts on here to let all of us know when games are free or can be had at a bargain!

An MMORPG called SevenSwords is free, but I am pretty sure it has been free for a while. It's pretty interesting, too. If nothing else, it is an amazing tech demo, and a great demonstration of what the iPhone/iPod Touch is capable of.

iPolarium is a new release, as well. An iPhone adaptation of the DS game, the only problem is that the game is ad supported, but is therefor free.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']An MMORPG called SevenSwords is free, but I am pretty sure it has been free for a while.

It's pretty interesting, too. If nothing else, it is an amazing tech demo, and a great demonstration of what the iPhone/iPod Touch is capable of.[/QUOTE]

When I go to start it up, it says additional charges may apply?

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']An MMORPG called SevenSwords is free, but I am pretty sure it has been free for a while.

It's pretty interesting, too. If nothing else, it is an amazing tech demo, and a great demonstration of what the iPhone/iPod Touch is capable of.[/QUOTE]Yea, it's been Free since it's release in May. A majority of the community speak Japanese / other languages, so anyone English-only will feel very left out. But then again, there is a VERY high chance you won't be able to even get into the game anyway, it crashes when you do just about anything - even during character creation. Some people get lucky and get into the game without any issues, but it'll crash soon after - almost guaranteed.

[quote name='seanr1221']When I go to start it up, it says additional charges may apply?[/QUOTE]Probably for cases where a person's plan charges them by the bandwidth they use, or something similar. It's an online game, so I believe they have to say that.

Picked up Alphabetic for free and Droplitz for 99 cents. Now I just need to get my iPhone 3G S replaced seeing how it is dead - it won't charge - died on me a few days ago in the middle of a call, on a road trip. Sigh :(

[quote name='Ronin317']I wish Megatouch would get off their asses and put out 11-ball. I'll pay $5.99 for it, I don't care. Just give me the damn game, NOW![/QUOTE]

They would rather charge you a quarter per game ;)

AC 130 seems to suck, from the demo anyways.. (I had high hopes, as it reminded of the COD4 sequence that I loved). Is the full game any better or more of the same?

[quote name='TheRock88']A quest of Knights Onrush is out, and it's free!
[/QUOTE]
the description mentions a premium version, are they just talking about a future release? anyone know?

downloaded, will check it out later.

I got my replacement iPhone and so was able to play droplitz... I need to give it more time, but so far I think I should have tried the demo first. There really doesn't seem to be much to it. Half the time there is only one possible path to make, so it seems like a find the path that works game. Am I missing something?

[quote name='crunchewy']I got my replacement iPhone and so was able to play droplitz... I need to give it more time, but so far I think I should have tried the demo first. There really doesn't seem to be much to it. Half the time there is only one possible path to make, so it seems like a find the path that works game. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to it too. Not a very good game at all. I'm just looking at it as supporting Atlus getting into making iPhone apps at this point. I just hope that next time they do something a little better!

Thanks for the heads up on Quest for Knights Onrush. I'll go download it now!

As for a new game that's hit the top spot of paid apps, I've downloaded and spent some time playing Moto X Racing (I think that's what it is...) for $0.99. It's a pretty decent physics based motocross game in the vein of (read: completely copied from) TG Motocross. I'd say with the tilt sensitivity way up, it responds pretty well and is a good challenge. Hopefully the developers will add future updates with more levels in the future.

For an example of what this game is, check out the TG Motocross series (three games) here: http://www.teagames.com

EDIT: Make that Moto X Mayhem.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got my replacement iPhone and so was able to play droplitz... I need to give it more time, but so far I think I should have tried the demo first. There really doesn't seem to be much to it. Half the time there is only one possible path to make, so it seems like a find the path that works game. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

I just ordered my first iPhone. Speaking of replacement iPhone, is the protection plan a must?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back