iPod Classic Help

Spanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Ok so a friend of mine went all willy nilly trying to fix some computer issues he had between his iPhone and PC. The end result was the loss of his rather large music collection. Thankfully he has half on his "Slave Unit" iPod. I was planning on pulling the music off for him but to no avail his iPod is not in disk mode and when plugging it into his PC it's not synced with that computer anymore. Is there a way to pull the music from his iPod while it is in not disk mode or at least a way to put it into disk mode without the whole erase and sync part. His PC is running XP if that makes any difference. Thanks.

[quote name='SEH']http://www.getsharepod.com/

Thats what I always used when I'd reformat. Worked without issue every time.[/QUOTE]

I have share pod but it asks me to put the iPod into disk mode which I cannot. It will ask me to erase and sync when hooking up the iPod to his computer.

Do you have iTunes installed? I know for me it required iTunes to be installed before it would work correctly.

[quote name='SEH']Do you have iTunes installed? I know for me it required iTunes to be installed before it would work correctly.[/QUOTE]

Yes iTunes is installed however his computer had been reformatted since then. The computer recognizes the iPod as being synced with a different library so it asks if I want to erase and sync. My issue is I need to find a way to get it into disk mode without wiping the music collection or pulling the collection without having to go through disk mode.

bread's done
Back