iPod Classic Return: No Response

genderbreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So around February I bought a used iPod classic off of eBay. The seller seemed fine, had a good feedback rating and a good amount of it. But around a month into usage, the screen started to show areas (pretty noticeable ones) of dead pixels, so I asked if I could send it in for a replacement under the 60 day warranty issued. He agreed, just saying to send it back to the address attached.

So it's been a long while since I sent it. Three months at least. Since then I tried sending him a message through eBay (which I'm not entirely sure went through, it kept being uncooperative and saying that it's too late to contact the seller). After a month or so of no response, I emailed him through his website, which I found on his eBay profile under contact info. 

Still no response. I sent the second message the week of 4 July and I didn't do anything through that week since it was near a holiday, and I figured he and his employees might be busy. But it's been quite a while since, and I'm not exactly sure what to do. 

Do I have any options? Or am I just out of an iPod and thus about $80?

Thanks for your help. (I hope I posted this in the correct forum.)

I would contact eBay and see what they say. If they gave you a warranty, but didn't honor it, I would assume eBay would help you get your money back or at the very least a negative feedback on the seller, but you never know with eBay. I had a bad experience as a seller on eBay and from what I read trying to sort out that mess, people said eBay almost always sides with a buyer in a dispute, so you have that going for you. If you can at least get them a negative feedback, you can use that as leverage to get your money back assuming they care enough to get the negative feedback removed. Most eBay sellers care about their feedback a lot and will go above and beyond to reverse a negative feedback.

You have waited a long time though, so it might just be too late to do anything.

bread's done
Back