iPod headphones...

how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?

[quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

My pod is a 3G model, but I know it is the headphones because the wiring has become exposed at the splitter. I am sure it's due to constant use walking to class and work every day. I tried my roommate's iPod headphones and they worked.

Since I use my iPod frequently I want to make sure the sound quality is up to my standards. Will ten dollars really produce good sound? I am a firm believer in the mantra 'you get what you pay for' with most electronics.

[quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

My pod is a 3G model, but I know it is the headphones because the wiring has become exposed at the splitter. I am sure it's due to constant use walking to class and work every day. I tried my roommate's iPod headphones and they worked.

Since I use my iPod frequently I want to make sure the sound quality is up to my standards. Will ten dollars really produce good sound? I am a firm believer in the mantra 'you get what you pay for' with most electronics.[/quote]

I am pretty sure you could use the same $40 and buy some non-Apple headphones of higher quality. I've never liked those in-ear kind anyway...

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

Since I use my iPod frequently I want to make sure the sound quality is up to my standards. Will ten dollars really produce good sound? I am a firm believer in the mantra 'you get what you pay for' with most electronics.[/quote]

I am pretty sure you could use the same $40 and buy some non-Apple headphones of higher quality. I've never liked those in-ear kind anyway...[/quote]

Cool, thanks a lot.

What do you think of these?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1051826204625

[quote name='bapti2529']Hey everyone/anyone -

The headphones that came with my iPod are screwing up, and I'm not really in the mood to pay $40 for the newer, improved in-ear headphones from Apple.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9394G/A

Can anyone recommend a different route? I am almost positive I can find some headphones of similar quality without dropping 40 quid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.[/quote]

Has it been a year yet? T0here is a year warranty on those things, you can get get them replaced if you use the Customer Service portion of apple.com...and they don't charge you a penny (for shipping or replacement) and they don't ask for your old headphones back.

My headphones have crapped out and my remote crapped out. I got both replaced before the one-year warranty ran out, thankfully.

[quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

I am pretty sure you could use the same $40 and buy some non-Apple headphones of higher quality. I've never liked those in-ear kind anyway...[/quote]

Cool, thanks a lot.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1051826204625[/quote]

I have the EX71s which is the short cord version of the 51s and they are very good canal phones. Amazon has both versions significantly cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...10316-2974530?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

If you don't like canal phones and want to stick with plain earbuds, I have a set of the Sennheiser MX500s and they are also good, especially for the price.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='bapti2529']Hey everyone/anyone -

The headphones that came with my iPod are screwing up, and I'm not really in the mood to pay $40 for the newer, improved in-ear headphones from Apple.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9394G/A

Can anyone recommend a different route? I am almost positive I can find some headphones of similar quality without dropping 40 quid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.[/quote]

Has it been a year yet? T0here is a year warranty on those things, you can get get them replaced if you use the Customer Service portion of apple.com...and they don't charge you a penny (for shipping or replacement) and they don't ask for your old headphones back.

My headphones have crapped out and my remote crapped out. I got both replaced before the one-year warranty ran out, thankfully.[/quote]

It's been over a year...by a good 2 weeks. How suck is that.

So typical.

[quote name='spidey'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

Cool, thanks a lot.

I have the EX71s which is the short cord version of the 51s and they are very good canal phones. Amazon has both versions significantly cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...10316-2974530?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

If you don't like canal phones and want to stick with plain earbuds, I have a set of the Sennheiser MX500s and they are also good, especially for the price.[/quote]

Thanks for the link...I feel much more comfortable purchasing these over some crap $8 headphones.

[quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='spidey'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='bapti2529'][quote name='muncle']how long have you had the headphones...? ive had mine for about a year and they havent screwed up yet...are you sure it isnt the ipod?[/quote]

Cool, thanks a lot.

If you don't like canal phones and want to stick with plain earbuds, I have a set of the Sennheiser MX500s and they are also good, especially for the price.[/quote]

Thanks for the link...I feel much more comfortable purchasing these over some crap $8 headphones.[/quote]

Those are amazing headphones, I recently got the Shure e2c... They retail for about $100 but they are amazing. You can pick them off buy.com for only $65 which is amazingly cheap. Plus if you can find a coupon that makes it even hotter.

I got mine for only $64 shipped with no tax. ^_^ However if you dont wanna drop $65+ for headphones, then the EX71 are great.

If you are looking at a $10 the Sony 828s are decent... >_>

Get this, the sound is amazing. It way better than my IPOD earbuds, and its only $15 + shipping. Read the reviews, and buy it. If you can find a MX300, instead a MX500, get the MX300 because I heard its little better than the MX500. You can also get a MX550 at cc for $25, all my local cc are out of stock. I bought like 4 of them, one for my sister ipod, my brother ipod, gf ipod, and myself at amazon. mine hasn't broken yet and I usually throw it in my pocket/backpack. It been like over 6 months now, and still sound great.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...47/102-0150483-1345752?v=glance&s=pc&n=507846

Word of warning about Sony's 71s. I've heard and also experienced having one of the channels cutting out or having diminished volume. It happened to me about 2 weeks after I got mine. This was when they were imports mind you so it is possible they've improved.

[quote name='bapti2529']40 quid.
[/quote]

40 quid? This aint the UK son, I'd recommend just going to FYE or something and picking up a decent set of Sony headphones (behind the ear I think) for $25. I dunno if you prefer the earbud kind though.

I also have the EX71SLs and they are great. They also come in white if you want that Ipod look.

MDR-EX71SL_W.jpg

i have kick ass bose ones but i would have never bought them if they weren't a gift....you can get some cheapo 20-40 dollar ones from BB or CC and they should do..just shop around :)

[quote name='Arakias'][quote name='bapti2529']40 quid.
[/quote]

40 quid? This aint the UK son, I'd recommend just going to FYE or something and picking up a decent set of Sony headphones (behind the ear I think) for $25. I dunno if you prefer the earbud kind though.[/quote]

You're just upset that you can't pull it off... :wink:

...On topic...I need the earbud/in-ear design because I'm always taking my pod to class and work.

Thanks to all for the help. I appreciate it.

bread's done
Back