iPod Mini? Cheap now that it's discontinued?

RELmajor03

CAGiversary!
While the majority of the populace seems to be enthralled with the idea of an mp3 player that can be mistaken for a tongue depressor, there are those of us that thought the iPod mini was mini enough, (the author of this post included).

I, and no doubt others like me, seek to take advantage of the introduction of the iPod nano not by procuring said miniscule device, but by taking the opportunity to pick up a now-discontinued iPod mini, hopefully at a bargain rate.

To that end: has anyone got any leads on any deals for iPod minis? It can be the 4gb or the 6gb version; either is fine with me. I want to get one while I can, before they're all gone and the only mp3 players left are measured in cubic microns. Thanks!

[quote name='ngamer007']They're being discontinued? I have heard no such news.[/QUOTE]

The iPod Nano is replacing them.

[quote name='Redeema']I looked and I didn't find anything on sale just a bunch of refurbished goods.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I want a mini and I missed out on that Costco deal (although I'm going to go check tomorrow).

[quote name='ngamer007']They're being discontinued? I have heard no such news.[/QUOTE]

off topic but I freaking love your sig :applause:

i dunno I really dont think they are gettin rid of the mini, cause I believe they function on HD, while Nano is flash. Plus Mini is in different colors, the general public likes that sort of thing

ipod nanos are being discontinued I think. They replaced it with the nano on the Apple store, although they still sell the minis under the education link. I'm thinking about getting the nano, unless I can find a mini for a clearance price.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i dunno I really dont think they are gettin rid of the mini, cause I believe they function on HD, while Nano is flash. Plus Mini is in different colors, the general public likes that sort of thing[/QUOTE]

The Minis are no longer available on Apple's site, and haven't been since they put the Nano on there. I don't know if there was an official announcement about them replacing it though.

I had a mini, but it broke after a year, The first generation of mini's did not come out too well, I have heard many other stories with the 1st gen minis dying after a year. The 2nd gen I don't know about. Another thing to know, is that if the battery dies after a years time, it is cheaper to buy a whole new mp3 player unless you replace it yourself. It is very expensive to get them fixed. I would recommend a mp3 player with a battery that you can replace by yourself without destroying the player!

The minis are deleted at WalMart. The Nano is taking its place on the new lay-out,a white model and a black model. My store marked the minis down to $173.99,W-S,NC.

Apple store isn't lowering the Mini, atleast not the menlo park mall one in edison nj. Something about the bigger storage and people willing to buy them at that price. They won't be restocking though.

The resellers around me are not going to be lowering the price on remaining minis--they plan to keep them at full retail until the stock left is sold out. This is confirmed through three different retailers. Also, Apple is no longer shipping NEW minis to resellers. The mini is dead, for all intents and purposes. If you're lucky enough to find one at a discount, jump on it right away, because that will likely be your only chance.

bread's done
Back