Ipod Mini

holy crap that thing is tiny! I might try and get another mini if they clearance them out. First time I have ever heard of this new ipod.

holy shit! that thing is tiny.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

indexcompare20050907.jpg

If by clearance you mean we will find them sold for about the same price as student discount, then yes. Check the Apple store's "refurbished" section... That's where the deals usually are.

[quote name='RandyTsai']the black one is slick. im going to pick one up[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, the black one is awesome. i wonder if it still comes with the gay white headphones?

[quote name='munch']hell yeah, the black one is awesome. i wonder if it still comes with the gay white headphones?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's why you buy some good black ones.

Man I was going to Post the same thing.... I Wonder I think the Big Box Guys will at some point so they can sell the nano @ X-mas. I hope so I just bought a 4g mini at BB for a tad over 100 (Display Model) I would almost like a 6g I dont think you could ever have to many Ipods.. But the Nano is Photo and Color ummm

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Man I was going to Post the same thing.... I Wonder I think the Big Box Guys will at some point so they can sell the nano @ X-mas. I hope so I just bought a 4g mini at BB for a tad over 100 (Display Model) I would almost like a 6g I dont think you could ever have to many Ipods.. But the Nano is Photo and Color ummm[/QUOTE]

Dropping the Minis down to $85-100 would be a nice clearance. The nanos should hit stores today and by this weekend, CAG need to keep their eyes open for any Mini Sales.

[quote name='munch']hell yeah, the black one is awesome. i wonder if it still comes with the gay white headphones?[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Gay? I didn't know that headphones had sexual orientations.

I just bought a Mini (on Monday, no less) for my wife's brithday. I did receive an e-mail from Apple asking if I'd rather have a Nano (which is nice of them).

The problem is that I'm stretching my budget on this as is; a comparable (4GB) Nano is $50 more than the Mini. What should I do? I'm leaning toward the Nano, b/c 2GB of music (~35 albums, I think) is plenty, right?

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm. Gay? I didn't know that headphones had sexual orientations.

The problem is that I'm stretching my budget on this as is; a comparable (4GB) Nano is $50 more than the Mini. What should I do? I'm leaning toward the Nano, b/c 2GB of music (~35 albums, I think) is plenty, right?[/QUOTE]

That is a tough choice, the Nano is color and also holds photos, but less songs than the mini. I have a 6Gb Ipod that I have had for a year and I have not even hit 1000 songs. Also if the wife works out the Nano may be better for running and other activities.

[quote name='commish']Also if the wife works out the Nano may be better for running and other activities.[/QUOTE]

That's precisely the reason. Thanks!

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm. Gay? I didn't know that headphones had sexual orientations.

I just bought a Mini (on Monday, no less) for my wife's brithday. I did receive an e-mail from Apple asking if I'd rather have a Nano (which is nice of them).

The problem is that I'm stretching my budget on this as is; a comparable (4GB) Nano is $50 more than the Mini. What should I do? I'm leaning toward the Nano, b/c 2GB of music (~35 albums, I think) is plenty, right?[/QUOTE]

I didnt get an e-mail I'm a sad panda. I just got mine less than a month ago To bad my BB no longer has the 4g Mini so I cant bitch and price match if they go down... I dont know before I got my iPod I had a 1.5g MP3 player and I had 2 Auidobooks and a ton a music on there and Just hit 1.5g before I sould it ... So a 2g could be fine if you can get a good deal on it but 199.99 is still kind of High IMO even if its Color and photo... Take a look at the Apple Store the Mini is gone from the web siote...

... Take a look at the Apple Store the Mini is gone from the web siote...[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling some people will find some very good deals on the Mini in stores.

You can still buy a mini through the Apple education store (and they're 179 for 4GB and 229 for 6GB).

The Nanos through education are 179 and 229, respectively.

[quote name='commish']I have a feeling some people will find some very good deals on the Mini in stores.[/QUOTE]

Apple and "deals"? No way, I'm a long time Apple geek, but I will never admit that Apple offers good prices on anything, ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']Apple and "deals"? No way, I'm a long time Apple geek, but I will never admit that Apple offers good prices on anything, ever.[/QUOTE]

No so much Apple but the retail store, remember a couple of months ago staples had the clearance for the 60gig at 69.99.

The $50 more for the Nano gets you:
1) Flash memory instead of a HDD. Much better long-term durability, plus better battery life.
2) Nice color screen instead of the mono screen.
3) Free laser engraving on the back.
4) Much lighter and smaller, especially thinner.
5) Comes in stylish black. :D

And once again, Apple decides not to stick an FM receiver in the damn thing. :|

[quote name='shrike4242']The $50 more for the Nano gets you:
1) Flash memory instead of a HDD. Much better long-term durability, plus better battery life.
2) Nice color screen instead of the mono screen.
3) Free laser engraving on the back.
4) Much lighter and smaller, especially thinner.
5) Comes in stylish black. :D

And once again, Apple decides not to stick an FM receiver in the damn thing. :|[/QUOTE]

Although most people know already, watch that "free" laser engraving. You can't return an ipod to them that's been engraved...

I didn't know it was flash memory; I suppose that's better if the spouse is going to be bouncing around a gym. Better than than shaking the (admittedly stable) HDD stuck in an ipod (such as my own).

I went with the black 4GB nano, FWIW. I wonder if they'll still engrave it? Meh if not.

[quote name='Rig']Although most people know already, watch that "free" laser engraving. You can't return an ipod to them that's been engraved...[/QUOTE]
Damn, I didn't know that. :shock: Thanks for the info about that.

i was going to get the black one, but decided with the white. Its has a more classic ipod look. paid 270ish with the dock at the apple education store. I hope to get it soon.

dang im really tempted on getting the nano since its only 230 for the 4gb after the student discount but i just got an 6gb mini about 3 months ago...

man, I so want a black nano!

anyone actually pick one up that can give me a little review or something... I'm pretty interested!

I haven't been a big fan of the IPOD but I must admit the new Nano is sweet. Personally i prefer the white over the black. I think it just looks more unique and cleaner. But it has everything. It's super small and thin. Has long battery life. Is flash based. Had a color screen. Good interface. And at a starting price of $200 for two gigs and only $50 more for four gigs the price is actually reasonable. Ideally I would hope that the two gig would be $150 but then it would be a steal.

There is absolutely no reason now to to get a shuffle.

[quote name='Jaket']man, I so want a black nano!

anyone actually pick one up that can give me a little review or something... I'm pretty interested![/QUOTE]

In the Wall Street Journal today the guy does a review of, its a good read, the two things he pointed out that was different with the Nano is the Headphone Jack is on the bottom and the connections for the FM Trans and other things are on the side of the Nano, but besides that he said the Nano is just a good as the other models but just smaller and could not find anything wrong with it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I haven't been a big fan of the IPOD but I must admit the new Nano is sweet. Personally i prefer the white over the black. I think it just looks more unique and cleaner. But it has everything. It's super small and thin. Has long battery life. Is flash based. Had a color screen. Good interface. And at a starting price of $200 for two gigs and only $50 more for four gigs the price is actually reasonable. Ideally I would hope that the two gig would be $150 but then it would be a steal.

There is absolutely no reason now to to get a shuffle.[/QUOTE]

Im still planning to keep my shuffle. The nano is small, but i still think its to much to carry around when ure running and working out.

[quote name='Rig']Although most people know already, watch that "free" laser engraving. You can't return an ipod to them that's been engraved...[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say. I got screwed a while back when they dropped their prices in March. I ordered a $450 40GB photo from them with "free" engraving (which I didn't really want but the CSR pushed so I caved) only to find out when the price of the 60 GB dropped to less than what I paid for the 40GB one week earlier I was not allowed to return it or recoup the difference. Bastards.

bread's done
Back