Ipod Price Drop! (and a new ipod!)

[quote name='javeryh']I'm happy I just paid $500 for my 40GB photo last week and they won't take it back.[/quote]

:lol: Wow, that really sucks.

Happened to me with my iPod, I bought a 3rd generation 10 GB iPod for $299, the 4th generation came out only a month after, double the capacity for the same price and a USB cable included. At least with my new Mac mini I know I won't be outdated for at least another 12-18 months, as per the usual Mac hardware lifecycle.

ive got a phone with 128mb of memory and it plays mp3's. (sounds good too). its good enough for me.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Still too expensive for me. :([/quote]

If the 20gig ever hits around $200, I might bite. Until then though...

Just go to Amazon.com and order the 40 gig iPod photo for the now reduced price of $379. That's only 30 bucks more than the 30 gig AND it still comes with the dock, AV cables, carrying case, firewire cable, etc...whereas the new models have been stripped of these accessories.

Feh. Get an IRiver.
And YES, I am a fanboy and I will not stop until people can see that IRivers are in EVERY way better than IPods.

Don't buy into Apple's bullshit.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']I just bought a zen micro, I still think im better off with it. But the new Mini's seem like a good deal.[/quote]

So you finaly desided to get one. Yeah, I'm happy with my micro too, but now that there are ipods for the same price with more space, i wish I could get that.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Feh. Get an IRiver.
And YES, I am a fanboy and I will not stop until people can see that IRivers are in EVERY way better than IPods.

Don't buy into Apple's bullshit.[/quote]

Unless iRiver syncs with iTunes and iCal, it isn't better to me.

I ordered a 4gb mini.

Don't forget...Engraving and shipping are free from Apple.

I picked up an iriver h320 and feel it's the best purchase I've made in a long time. I did TONS of research trying to figure out which one was for me - and came to the iriver as the decision. I feel this product is superior than the apple stuff in every way except for 1. Here's my personal breakdown:

Iriver:
comes with nice leather carrying case
has beautiful color screen
syncs up via USB as an external drive - managing files couldn't be easier
no proprietary bloatware needed
has fm tuner
has ability to record direct to mp3
external condensor mic
can view photos
can view properly encoded video/audio with firmware upgrade

EDIT:Also most important: I forgot to add that it also plays .ogg - which if you're ripping your own CD's is the way to go - Better sounding smaller files!

Ipod:
Easier File Navigation

I paid $279 for mine ...and it does everything the ipod photo does and more for considerably less money. It has great audio quality, great battery life, in fact...like someone earlier posted in here about being a fanboy, once you own one you'll understand!

[quote name='usickenme']Don't forget...Engraving and shipping are free from Apple.[/quote]

Don't engrave! I made the mistake and that's why they won't take it back. What a scam - free engraving for 2 months prior to the price drop so all the suckers like me who got the engraving (because it was free otherwise I'd never get it) can't return them now. Plus, engraving will kill the resale value if you ever want to sell and upgrade...

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='usickenme']Don't forget...Engraving and shipping are free from Apple.[/quote]

Don't engrave! I made the mistake and that's why they won't take it back. What a scam - free engraving for 2 months prior to the price drop so all the suckers like me who got the engraving (because it was free otherwise I'd never get it) can't return them now. Plus, engraving will kill the resale value if you ever want to sell and upgrade...[/quote]

No offense but I really don't feel sorry for you. a.) no one made you engrave b.) It is pretty easy to get "burned" on any technology purchase. If your a company, you have to make the cut-off somewhere.

You are right about engraving and resell value but I went ahead and did it anyway.

[quote name='usickenme'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='usickenme']Don't forget...Engraving and shipping are free from Apple.[/quote]

Don't engrave! I made the mistake and that's why they won't take it back. What a scam - free engraving for 2 months prior to the price drop so all the suckers like me who got the engraving (because it was free otherwise I'd never get it) can't return them now. Plus, engraving will kill the resale value if you ever want to sell and upgrade...[/quote]

No offense but I really don't feel sorry for you. a.) no one made you engrave b.) It is pretty easy to get "burned" on any technology purchase. If your a company, you have to make the cut-off somewhere.

You are right about engraving and resell value but I went ahead and did it anyway.[/quote]

I just think that Apple offered the free engraving knowing full well most people would get it and thereby giving them an 'out' when it came to returns once the new models were released. Oh yeah - No offense, but I hate it when people start a sentence with "no offense" and then state something that will likely offend whomever they are talking to...

[quote name='daikaiju']I picked up an iriver h320 and feel it's the best purchase I've made in a long time. I did TONS of research trying to figure out which one was for me - and came to the iriver as the decision. I feel this product is superior than the apple stuff in every way except for 1. Here's my personal breakdown:

Iriver:
comes with nice leather carrying case
has beautiful color screen
syncs up via USB as an external drive - managing files couldn't be easier
no proprietary bloatware needed
has fm tuner
has ability to record direct to mp3
external condensor mic
can view photos
can view properly encoded video/audio with firmware upgrade

Ipod:
Easier File Navigation

I paid $279 for mine ...and it does everything the ipod photo does and more for considerably less money. It has great audio quality, great battery life, in fact...like someone earlier posted in here about being a fanboy, once you own one you'll understand![/quote]

WORD! I own a cd/mp3 iriver and am reluctant to upgrade, but when i do, Im 100% usre it will be the H-10, but I'll have to consider the H320 since you say its good. I riviers are great and you dont have to worry about formats , plays everything

I'm waiting a few more years until all of these music products come way down in price. My cheapassness carries over to other things too!

The 20gb is still calling my name. i just wish it would drop in price a bit. i can get an education discount, but even then it is out of my range. $250 would be perfect.

bread's done
Back